PDA

View Full Version : Madam has a new trick....

Grete
10-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Bubbles has learnt a new trick of a night time.

She doesn't get to stay out all night (she has to come in when it's time for us to go to bed or I don't sleep with worrying). Up til then she can come in and out as she likes.

During the day, the door is left open when I'm in and the weather is OK (if it's shut at least we see her clearly) but at night the door is closed and she often has to wait til one of us checks as she is much harder to see.

SO... she's realised that if she scratches down the glass, she gets let in INSTANTLY.

It's hard to break her of the habit as the noise makes my hair want to stand on end so you just react and open the door to make the noise stop lol.

She does look very pleased with herself when she trots in tho and it makes my husband laugh!

Good job I love her to bits :)

dandysmom
10-09-2007, 04:23 PM
Grete, that is one clever cat!!! I know what you mean about the sound: my late Misty used to stand on her hind legs and "sharpen" her claws on the window glass...worse than fingernails on a blackboard!

Grete
10-09-2007, 05:14 PM
It really is *shudder*

Will be interesting if she starts doing it in the daytime too. Too clever by half.:roll:

dinahsmum
10-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh eek!
You may have to ignore her (earplugs?) or you will just condition her to do it more, by reacting to her training you so well!

Mags
10-09-2007, 05:54 PM
What a clever girl Bubbles is ................ but that sound goes right through me too!:lol:

Jac
10-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Rather you than me. That would drive me nuts! sounds like she's training you well:D

alexgirl73
10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
thank goodness my cats dont go out lol!!

Kay
10-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Oh how sweet. I can imagine what the noise sounds like though.

MrsH
10-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I think that's brilliantly clever of her, what a smart puss!

Grete
11-09-2007, 12:11 AM
Hehe I do think *I* am the one being trained ;) She has some very endearing little habits such as patting me on the arm to get my attention if I am at the computer. This one I think I can do without tho ;)

Rosie
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Could you not put a cat flap in?

Grete
11-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Technically we could but it would have to go into the door from the kitchen to the side of the house and I prefer her not to use that door as it encourages her to explore the drive and road.

Even tho we are in a cul-de-sac, there are still cars and I am a worry wart. The door we encourage her to use are a double glazed patio door that leads onto a deck then into the garden.

Plus if we let her in and out, I know where she is ;) Sad but true hehe. She is very polite about asking to go out, she sits by the door and makes little mip noises and taps the blinds.

Of course if we don't respond or say no, she wails plaintively :lol:

dandysmom
11-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Someone has you very well trained! What a sweet little character she is!!

Donna
11-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Clever cat - my "daft" cat Misty tries to dig her way through my glass door to get out - hasnt realised yet she cant dig out but the noise of her claws is rather irritating to say the least!!

Grete
11-09-2007, 06:17 PM
Hehe I feel your pain!

She is too clever by half sometimes and also strops in a spectacular fashion if she doesn't get her way :) And she doesn't always, honest :lol:

dandysmom
11-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Hehe I feel your pain!

She is too clever by half sometimes and also strops in a spectacular fashion if she doesn't get her way :) And she doesn't always, honest :lol:

:-D :-D :-D

Grete
11-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Lol I don't think I'm ever going to convince you guys of that now am I? :-D

dandysmom
11-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Since all of my cats have always been spoiled rotten, including the current resident spoilee, Leia, I'm not about to cast any stones......:-D

Grete
11-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Haha phew! ;)