PDA

View Full Version : Toy Mouse Warning!

Kay
08-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Thought I would share this story with all of you. I shouldn't think it happens very often, I had certainly never heard of it before, but it is worth keeping in mind.

I friend of mine who has two of mybabies, although full grown now, rang me to say that Ronan wasn't very well. She said he had been sick, was off his food, hadn't been to the loo and seemed depressed. He is a one for chewing bags so we both thought that was what had happened and he had a sore tummy. The next day he was considerably worse so she rushed him to her vets. The vets said he was dehydrated and his stomach felt very tender and that there was possibly a slight blockage. The vet kept him in over night to rehydrate him by drip and x-rayed him the following morning. When my friend rang they said there was a definite blockage and they would have to operate. They told her to ring back in the afternoon. When she did ring they said she could come and see him but they still wanted to keep him in for another night. She went up to see him and they showed her what the blockage was.............

It was a toy mouse, whole still with its tail on :? :? .

I have no idea how he managed to swallow it whole as she said it was a large one but he did. So please beware of those cute toy mice :roll:

Elaine
08-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Poor baby, how is he doing now?

dandysmom
08-09-2007, 10:55 PM
That's a scary story! Thanks for posting; hope he's doing well now........

Kay
08-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks both of you. He is doing really well but hasn't learn't to stop chewing things. Typical daft persian.

Erin
09-09-2007, 07:25 AM
awww poor baby,glad hes doing better

Elaine
09-09-2007, 09:39 AM
Glad he is doing better. Must have been very scarey for the owner.

Mags
09-09-2007, 10:06 AM
That's scary, Cassie has several toy mice of different sizes!:shock:

I'm glad he's doing better Kay ........and thanks for the warning..:cool:

Jane
09-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Wow that's scary :o

We have cut most of the tails off of Patch's toy mice..he doesn't appreciate it but at Christmas my nannan bought him like a big fat rat thing with a long tail and he nearly swallowed the tail of something..:(

Grete
09-09-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow I never even thought they might get eaten. I think all Bubbles' are gone now so I won't buy any more. I hope Ronan recovers quickly :)

Kay
09-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks all. Ronan is back to normal busy playing with Emlyn but no toy mice. I could understand him perhaps biting the tail off but to swallow the whole mouse tail and all is frightening.