PDA

View Full Version : Madeleine McCann- Did her mother kill her?

borderdawn
07-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Please let this NOT be true, I cant believe a human being can be so deceptively evil if it is.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6983604.stm

Jac
07-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Dear God NO. Not her mother.

dandysmom
07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I hope it's not true. Despicable, but things like this do happen, awful as it is....

Erin
07-09-2007, 04:42 PM
omg I really hope this isnt true

Kazz
07-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I pray not but do you know ever since the first hit the press my Mom - who never says a bad word about anyone has said "Her Mom killed that little girl" Ever since the first news bulliten before we knew anything at all. All the way through.
The last thing the said like this was recall that bloke and his girlfriend who were supposed victims of road rage. And it turned out his girlfriend killed him, my Mom said the same about her "There is no road rage she killed him" is what she said...

Jac
07-09-2007, 05:22 PM
After watching the news I'm not sure now. She looked so po faced!

yola
07-09-2007, 05:24 PM
It would be a travesty of humanity if the mother killed the little girl. I can't see how though if she was in the restaurant and the girl in the appartment unless all those in the restaurant with her (OH and friends) were in collusion.

Still, don't they say that most people are killed (murdered) by someone they know; especially true if it is a child?

Jac
07-09-2007, 05:28 PM
That's the only thing I cant work out. The restaurant unless she went back to check on the kids. I dont know. How do they get to these conclusions? She looks so Po faced, I still cry when I talk about my son and that was nearly 20 years ago.

Donna
07-09-2007, 05:33 PM
She could of killed her before they went to the restaurant and went back and forth to keep up the pretence. Could of even disposed of the body before the restuarant meal....

Who knows....

Moli
07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
They are suggesting she gave her a sedative before they went out to make her sleep, maybe gave her too much??

kado
07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
I hope it isnt the mother or father. I just want like many others want to know now where madeleine is somebody must know something what ever the outcome is.

jane

Annestaff
07-09-2007, 07:01 PM
I've had the BBc news on all afternoon and just can't make sense of it all. Really hope its nothing to do with the parent :(

EmmaG
07-09-2007, 07:13 PM
hmmm I had a strange feeling about all of this, couldn't understand why they would ever leave their children in a foreign place whilst they go off and have dinner. I did think that the mother didn't seem that genuine. I hope I am wrong.

smudgley
07-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I pray not but do you know ever since the first hit the press my Mom - who never says a bad word about anyone has said "Her Mom killed that little girl" Ever since the first news bulliten before we knew anything at all. All the way through.
The last thing the said like this was recall that bloke and his girlfriend who were supposed victims of road rage. And it turned out his girlfriend killed him, my Mom said the same about her "There is no road rage she killed him" is what she said...

Lee Harvey & Tracy Andrews in Bromsgrove 11 years ago. ;)

Kim
07-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I really don't think that Kate McCann killed Maddy. The only possibly plausible reason is that they gave her a sedative while they went out and gave her too much, but they are both doctors. She may have suffocated, but why hide this and go to all the lengths they have? No I don't think she is guilty.

Kazz
07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Thank you Smudgley. And I hope this is a storm in a teacup. The thing is with the press every detail is hounded. Same as the case being abroad the rules seem to be different,

random
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
Have been listening to this all day, I hope not but it does ring alarm bells, I remember them saying in the beginning that her mother went back to check on her alone and came back into the resteraunt screaming. :(

Erin
07-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Have been listening to this all day, I hope not but it does ring alarm bells, I remember them saying in the beginning that her mother went back to check on her alone and came back into the resteraunt screaming. :(

That doesnt really make alarm bells ring imo,I would run screaming if i found out one of my children (if i had them) missing,I think that was a natural reaction.
Im hoping this isnt true,ok so they have fond blood,have they said how much?Maddy may have cut a finger before she went missing.
I cant see them giving her to much sedative,they are both doctors so surely they would know the correct dossage :?

babycakes
07-09-2007, 08:15 PM
I think they are clutching at straws and the pressure is on because they don't have the foggiest who did it. The parents were wrong in what they did, you wouldn't dream of doing of going out and leaving your children here and although we would like to think we should be able to WE CANT, they are children and could have an accident at any time. It's a child protection issue.
The lady in the flat upstairs said she heard the children crying for hours a few nights before and on that night and no one came. They said they checked every half hour but on his last visit he only listened at the door and she went one hour after!!! Lack of supervision has given a peadophile an excellent opportunity as he could have been watching for days at their routine. Regardless of all that some sicko has done what is done now (who that turns out to be who knows) I don't think it's them or the other prime suspect and I don't think we will ever know

random
07-09-2007, 08:18 PM
That doesnt really make alarm bells ring imo,I would run screaming if i found out one of my children (if i had them) missing,I think that was a natural reaction.
Im hoping this isnt true,ok so they have fond blood,have they said how much?Maddy may have cut a finger before she went missing.
I cant see them giving her to much sedative,they are both doctors so surely they would know the correct dossage :?

I ment the part that she was alone when she found her missing, or so I read in the beginning anyway....

babycakes
07-09-2007, 08:19 PM
I ment the part that she was alone when she found her missing, or so I read in the beginning anyway....

I believe she was alone

Kay
07-09-2007, 08:37 PM
I think this is dreadful that a mother could kill there own child but I have had doubts from the very beggining. Why leave children alone no matter how near the restaurant is? How could they then leave their twins in a nursery with near enough strangers? I would be too terrified of something happening to them that I wouldn't let them out of my sight. Why set up a fund, just what is the money for? It seems to me it is for them to go travelling around and meeting the Pope. How could they go walking along the beach so casually with all the press around them? I would be so devasted I just wouldn't be able to go out. They just don't seem to have acted like parents who have just had their daughter snatched they are far to calm.

I do hope I am totally wrong and that they are innocent but I have very grave doubts.

Kazz
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
I think a lot of it is the perception....public and media perception.

borderdawn
07-09-2007, 09:14 PM
Your imagination starts to wander when things like this pop up. Imagine if she found her dead? an accident? I mean they know they would be in DEEP trouble at that, so they cover it up? Careers gone etc.. 2 respected doctors leaving their children alone etc. they stay there and say she is missing to save face?

I dont know, i just hope it isnt true, but somehow i think she may be responsible.

Jac
07-09-2007, 09:19 PM
That's what gets me. I lost my son to SIDS (cot death) nearly 20 years ago. I still get emotional talking about him. In the first few months it was a nightmare. Yet they are so clam and Po faced:smt017

yola
07-09-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm in 2 minds. They are using the media to raise awareness and to do this you need to remain calm and rational - exactly as has happened. That CAN be mistaken as being cold and uncaring.

However, taking away my professional assessment of the situation - I know if it were me I would have to be persuaded VERY hard (i.e., I would find it impossible) to maintain that degree of 'distance' and approach the fact that my child has been stolen. Even with my knowledge of how to deal with a media situation I would be completely beside myself and probably unable to function.

I know we're all different and maybe as doctors they are trained to approach things somewhat more dispassionately, but I have to admit to wondering HOW they remained so calm during all this time.

Kazz
07-09-2007, 09:48 PM
I wonder what the truth is...and will we ever know.

babycakes
07-09-2007, 09:52 PM
Sometimes when you are professional people with professionaly planned children (by that I mean they may have had IVF cos they wanted to be a 2.4 family and couldn't concieve rather than desperately wanted children if that makes sense) there is an air of distance. (look at the royal family). They act how they think they should rather than raw go to pieces people. I have seen that with parents you see. I don't know I know I wouldn't act like that even over my cat ( I don't have children ) But I also cry for days over children like Maddy, Jamie Bulger etc so I'm assuming I would be like you Jac.

dandysmom
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
I suspect well never know, sadly. Don't know if the Jon Benet Ramsey case got any coverage in the UK, a little daughter of wealthy midwestern parents found strangled in the basement of her own home a few years back...the parents were the obvious suspects, but there was no evidence to tie them to the case, and it remains unsolved to this day. The child was a Beauty pageant queen: her mother was one of those obsessive types and entered the poor little girl in all these contests, tarted up, loaded with makeup and unsuitable clothes: very sad. And her parents were the unemotional types on camera also.....

I too wonder if it was an accidental death and they did cover it up to save their careers/reputation?

yola
07-09-2007, 10:14 PM
Yes Eileen - there was a documentary about her. Strange looking little girl, a bit Shirley Temple-esque. Always struck me slightly odd why call a little girl 'Jon' :shock: I didn't watch it but saw trailers about it . . . didn't realise she had been murdered though :(

random
07-09-2007, 10:15 PM
I actually have nightmares about wee Jamie Bulger and what happened to him. :( He must have been so afraid, I can't even think about it and I never even knew him. :(

Maddie's, of course, is still a very open case and when they do find out what happened (IF they do), if it is as grave as we fear i'm sure i'll feel the same way about her as will a lot of the nation, and especially those with children of their own. No child deserves this.

So all I can say is, if it affects us so much when it is a child we never knew, how the vast majority of us would react if it were our own? I couldn't even imagine loosing my wee lad and I think i'd struggle with just day to day living never mind anything else. But again that is just how I feel.

But take for instance Jessica and Holly, their parents were distraught and they were never in the public eye like the McCanns, although their girls were being looked for all over the country, just like Maddie.....

Kazz
07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
All very confusing isn;t it.
Arguido (male) Arguida (female) status is when someone becomes more than a witness but not charged or arrested (just an inbetween level we dont have here)
Police can designate it or a witness can ask for it to be invoked to give them right to remain silent under questioning and a lawyer.
Under Arguida The Mccanns will not be able to change residence, leave the country and will have to report to police station every 5 days with all documents.
It just gives the Police at this time more control. (As she was not taken direct to court after questioning)

It gives them (police) the right to ask certain questions.

All very confusing isn't it.

But I wonder why (if it is the truth) the police found it necessary after all this time to do a forensic check on the hire car.

For what reason have they decided now is the time to "check" the car, have they checked it previously?

But what? have they new information or has the evidence been planted? does make you think doesn't it - And then where does that lead you too? confusion.

Karen

Karen

EmmaG
07-09-2007, 11:05 PM
If it was me (and I don't even have children) I certainly would have broken down more than once on camera. To me her mother seems "worried" but not "upset" (if that makes sense??)

sarahd
08-09-2007, 12:08 AM
I've always thought the parents had something to do with it from the beginning.

The way they made out they could see the apartment from the restaurant and when in actual fact when the map of the resort was printed. The restaurant was actually two streets away from the apartment NOT opposite as people were led to believe.

If she was abducted then why only take her when there were 2 year old twins there also. There was also the fact the apartment was left open. Why would the parents do that also knowing the children could get out of bed and possbily open the door and wander off?

All these questions beg answers but probably we will never know.

I do think she did it though as awful as that thought may be

sarah
x

Soupie
08-09-2007, 08:07 AM
I find the way people trial by internet quite distressing :(

The police have bodged this investigation from start to finish. I don't think we can possible speculate on what has happened based on what is in the press really as the stories are contradictory. I just hope Maddie didn't suffer at all if she is not alive and isn't suffering now if she is

yola
08-09-2007, 08:10 AM
I don't think we're 'trialing' Soupie, merely speculating. It's no more than the kind of discussion you would have whilst watching the news with friends or family - talking through the options as one sees it from one's own perspective and making personal observations based on these interpretations.

EmmaG
08-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Both parents have now been named as suspects

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6983604.stm

Emm
08-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I have thought from the beginning that the parents may have been involved. I was watching an expert talking yesterday and he said in over 90% of cases in the UK where a child is killed its by a parent or some-one who knows the child. So if this had happened in the UK then they would have been taken in as first suspects and thoroughly interviewed.

At the end of the day though none of us know what happened - which is why its annoying me that the family members are saying its a disgrace that the parents are suspects - how do they truly know - they weren't there! The victim here is a small child that should have been protected by adults. Its so sad :(

dinahsmum
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
A hellish situation, whatever the truth eh? If the truth is ever uncovered of course.
My only comments all through have been that our media is just loving the case .... it filled the papers and broadcasts nicely during the summer silly season and in the time before the Diana anniversary :roll: ... and hey, Diana isn't a media pull any more, the memorial service was a bit of a damp squibb - back to Maddie then :roll:
and
If the parents had been Wayne and Waynetta Slob, leaving their kids home alone to go down the British Bulldog pub in Benidorm, instead of Dr and Dr McCann, they would have got so much stick ....
I think I read a news piece long ago, at the start of the affair, where someone else staying in the apartment block had previously found Maddie wandering at night/evening - ie before the night she went missing . May or may not be true. Who knows?

borderdawn
08-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Cadaver detection dogs have marked the same spot inside the apartment as being where a dead body lay.

Jac
08-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Wee Jamie Bulger broke my heart. It got to the point I wouldn't watch the news. How afraid that wee lad must have been.
I hope it isnt similar for Maddie. I get so afraid for children that go missing. If found dead, I think how alone and afraid they must have felt. I honestly hope she has been stollen to order, and is living with a wealthy couple on a remote island. Ah well we can but dream!
I dont think we will ever get the truth about this.

On the other hand I hope the police arn't stitching up a couple because they have made a mess of things.

My gut instinct is the parents have something to do with it. Why arn't the twins on the at risk registrar? If it were you or me they would be. As Iv'e said they are too Po faced, no emotion.

babycakes
08-09-2007, 05:10 PM
Wee Jamie Bulger broke my heart. It got to the point I wouldn't watch the news. How afraid that wee lad must have been.
I hope it isnt similar for Maddie. I get so afraid for children that go missing. If found dead, I think how alone and afraid they must have felt. I honestly hope she has been stollen to order, and is living with a wealthy couple on a remote island. Ah well we can but dream!I dont think we will ever get the truth about this.

On the other hand I hope the police arn't stitching up a couple because they have made a mess of things.

My gut instinct is the parents have something to do with it. Why arn't the twins on the at risk registrar? If it were you or me they would be. As Iv'e said they are too Po faced, no emotion.

My first thought was that Jac when it all happened I felt she had been stolen by a couple (like maybe what may have happened to Ben Needam in Corfu)

My thought now is that the other children should be monitored as they have put all their children in danger by their actions and careless attitude.

I agree also with DM, If they came from a council estate it would be very different

dandysmom
08-09-2007, 08:01 PM
My first thought was that Jac when it all happened I felt she had been stolen by a couple (like maybe what may have happened to Ben Needam in Corfu)

My thought now is that the other children should be monitored as they have put all their children in danger by their actions and careless attitude.

I agree also with DM, If they came from a council estate it would be very different

Same here. We have a colloquial expression: they'd be "under the jailhouse" here if they were just ordinary people.......

Kazz
08-09-2007, 08:26 PM
You're right you know if the parents had been on my estate which is a council estate and they left the children asleep and went to a pub 500m from their house and popped back every 1/2 hour or so to check they'd have had the children removed from their care or at the least have social services looing into them. And thats just leaving them never mind having a child go missing........but they were on holiday so its okay to leave children?

kado
08-09-2007, 08:36 PM
I agree if they where on from a council estate they wouldnt have had all the pubilicty to try too find her. They would want to know how could they have afforded the holiday.

jane

random
08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
You're right you know if the parents had been on my estate which is a council estate and they left the children asleep and went to a pub 500m from their house and popped back every 1/2 hour or so to check they'd have had the children removed from their care or at the least have social services looing into them. And thats just leaving them never mind having a child go missing........but they were on holiday so its okay to leave children?

I think moreso because they are professionals too. People automatically think they 'know better', or somehow love their children more so it is ok?

I live on a council estate too and am looking to buy my first house here actually, and some of the mums here are actually some of the most dedicated mums i've ever came across. Funny how people are perceived isn't it?