PDA

View Full Version : Not cleaning enough.......

charliebubs
15-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Hello all,

I don't want to ashame Red, but he's not very clean!!!!

When he goes to the loo he never cleans himself afterwards and will then jump on my lap, or the bed, with a wet winkle or a pooy bottom :roll: :roll:

I'm forever cleaning up his little wet patches :-D I don't mind - but I was just wondering if anyone else's cat/s do this?? Do you think he'll grow out of it??

I know he's just a baby and that he's had a lot going on with coming to a new house and new cats etc.

What do you think??? :?

Fran
15-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Hmmmm, not sure what to suggest. I haven't really experienced this :? Hopefully as he matures he'll become a little more conscious of his personal hygiene needs??? Hope somebody else can advise..

Donna
15-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Misty used to be a little er... forgetful when she was a kitten, but must admit I had forgotten about it, as it hasnt been an issue for a long, long time.

My theory is then, that Red will mature and start to appreciate the benefits of personal hygeine!!

dandysmom
15-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Wish I had a suggestion, but never hd any experience with that...hope time will cure it...

mable1718
15-08-2007, 04:34 PM
i wish i had a idea but never had to experiance this before

dinahsmum
15-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Poor Red - there are no secrets on Catsey :oops:
Sorry - no suggestions. I think all the kittens I have known have been fastidious washers.
Hope it settles with the rest of his little issues.
(Is he Red for good'n'all now?)
Edit
Just a little afterthought (which might actually be worthwhile - that'll make a change! :roll: )
Do you think that his 'new boy jitters' are making him too keen to get out of the tray? - leaving before the job is done? I think i read somewhere that animals are at their most vulnerable whilst eliminating - maybe he feels that more than most and just wants to get out of there - wet winkle or not?

charliebubs
15-08-2007, 07:59 PM
Poor Red - there are no secrets on Catsey :oops:
Sorry - no suggestions. I think all the kittens I have known have been fastidious washers.
Hope it settles with the rest of his little issues.
(Is he Red for good'n'all now?)
Edit
Just a little afterthought (which might actually be worthwhile - that'll make a change! :roll: )
Do you think that his 'new boy jitters' are making him too keen to get out of the tray? - leaving before the job is done? I think i read somewhere that animals are at their most vulnerable whilst eliminating - maybe he feels that more than most and just wants to get out of there - wet winkle or not?

Yes, I do think that might be it Hilary. I wondered when I posted whether that would be the case and then hopefully he'll get over it as he gets more relaxed and settled. :)

We'll just have to watch out for the wet winkle at the moment!!!! lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrsH
15-08-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't know what to suggest. I've only got experience of one male cat and he's super clean. Is his litter tray in a nice private place so that he doesn't feel vulnerable?

Kazz
15-08-2007, 10:04 PM
I have no experience as such but think DM may have hit the nail on the head. However I know Oscar was fastidious in his cleaning but not enough for his sister who would pin him down at any moment the mood took her and wash him the look of resignation on his face all his life was that of a small boy being told to have a bath......he never stopped her either I think it it brought them closer together, although he never ever washed her.

borderdawn
15-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Im sorry but how on earth can poor Red ever show his face on here again after his "bits" are discussed with such openess? :mrgreen:

yola
15-08-2007, 10:29 PM
LOL Eileen!!!

I agree with the 'leaving the litter tray too soon' My nervous Balie will often run out of the tray leaving a piddle trail accross the kitchen floor. We have often foiund stray 'klingons' strewn accross the house where he's not shaken them off properly in the little tray.

I think it might be a sign of nerves and uncertainty of what to do. Balie's better now but it still happens sometimes.

Maybe some careful 1-2-1 training in the litter tray dept might help??

charliebubs
16-08-2007, 04:48 PM
Im sorry but how on earth can poor Red ever show his face on here again after his "bits" are discussed with such openess? :mrgreen:

LOL :oops: :oops:

It's for his own benefit....................honest ;)

charliebubs
16-08-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has experienced this (albeit in the minority!!). I think maybe it is because he's a bit nervous of the others etc, but he does do it even when it's just me, him and the tray in the room. :?

Hopefully as he begins to relax it will stop.