PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread/Tuesday

Erin
14-08-2007, 07:32 AM
Morning all :)
Its cold and raing here today,3 days of heavy rain forecast :roll: I knew the sunny weather was too good to last,thats our summer over now :roll:

Nothing much planned for today.

Have a good day all :)

Fran
14-08-2007, 07:44 AM
Morning Erin, morning all, pouring with rain here too :roll: Hubby hurt his shoulder yesterday and has been in agony all night with it. So he's taking the day off work to rest it. Not much planned.

Have a lovely day all, hope some of you have sunshine today :?

babycakes
14-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Morning all

FRAN Hope hubby is feeling better soon

I'm taking disadvantaged families out on a barge trip today. Looks like it's going to pour down too so I'm praying for sunshine

Have a great day everybody

Donna
14-08-2007, 08:24 AM
Am off to work in a bit for the morning, and its tipping it down with rain here too!!

Nothing much else happening today - have a good day all.

Moli
14-08-2007, 08:51 AM
Morning all, sunny here, no sign of rain yet....Have a trolley dash today, then hopfully a bit of gardening...
Have a nice day all...

Emm
14-08-2007, 09:02 AM
no rain yet but by the colour of the sky it isn't too far away plus its freezing today - again loads of work to do - hopefully a day off tomorrow!

Jac
14-08-2007, 09:03 AM
Morninng all
Yip I'm trolly dashing too today. got to get Ceilidh's packed lunch stuff in and her bottled water for school. Dont know about you guys but our kids are now encouraged to take water into the classroom to drink! When I was at school that was a big NO NO.
She's back tomorrow and all exited bless.

Thats it for me. See you all later.

Fran hope hubby's shoulder is better today after resting it.

Emm
14-08-2007, 09:08 AM
both my sister-in'laws are teachers and they were telling me that the kids are supposed to drink water throughout the day because it helps with their concentration. There is no way we would have been allowed that when I was at school - I remember being in primary 3 and we were allowed 2 toilet cards for the whole day once you had used those 2 cards you weren't allowed to go to the toilet :shock: - we used to trade our cards for crisps and juice and stuff :lol:

yola
14-08-2007, 10:02 AM
At Dominik's school they have disposable cups and tap water in their cloakrooms which they can access all day. They also have drink/snack breaks as well as lunch. He has lunch at school rather than packed lunches and there is always plenty of water available with these.

We wouldn't have been allowed water in the classroom, but Emm, your two 'comfort' breaks per day sounds quite brutal . . . :shock:

Annestaff
14-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Morning all :D

Got soaked to the skin earlier walking the dogs. Stayed out an hour before the dogs started pulling me home telling me they had had enough, there's such wimps :lol:

Not much to do today. The ironings took over the kitchen cupbord and I'm finding it hard to close the door now so I'd better crack on with that :-D

dinahsmum
14-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Morning all - apologies for the weather! This rain is all my fault; I've just had my hair coloured and me going to the hairdresser always brings on the rain. Ho hum.
Right - off I go to catch up with Catsey.....

yola
14-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Have spent some of this morning adding to the content for the Spay/Neuter website text. There are a lot of facts to be written and thanks to the lovely Elaine for emailing over some excellent resource sites :D

Must get on with some proper work now as I won't be in the office for the rest of the week after today :-D :-D :-D

Boys are both at Sebastian's nursery and it's raining cats n dogs here :( Later today will be ordering all the plates, cups, goody bags, etc etc for Dominik's party . . . I'm just hoping and praying the weather is good *keep everything crossed that the 2nd of Sept will be dry and sunny please*

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 04:18 PM
How I wish we could have some of your rain! It's another bright sunny warm day with no signs of rain, and everything is parched!
To the Post Office this morning with no one in line ahead of me.. :shock:; rarely happens; then to the market where locally grown white peaches were in....yum! Their season is so short; will be pigging out on them for a while. Nothing planned for the afternoon except watering in the garden......
Enjoy the afternoon, all.....

babycakes
14-08-2007, 06:38 PM
[QUOTE=dandysmom;411935]How I wish we could have some of your rain! It's another bright sunny warm day with no signs of rain, and everything is parched!

You don't when you get as much as we do!!! :mad:

Day was a wash out so disappointing to plan a barge trip and full day at play area and can't do much. Got wet through, had to stay in barge kids were bored and then just had lunch and back home....:(

Fran
14-08-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh, what a thoroughly disappointing day babycakes :(

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 07:43 PM
[quote=dandysmom;411935]How I wish we could have some of your rain! It's another bright sunny warm day with no signs of rain, and everything is parched!

You don't when you get as much as we do!!! :mad:

Day was a wash out so disappointing to plan a barge trip and full day at play area and can't do much. Got wet through, had to stay in barge kids were bored and then just had lunch and back home....:(
You've had far too much, I agree; but we are in a real drought here...more than six inches below normal so far; farmers are losing their crops because of the lack of rain. and of course food prices are going to increase...:(
But a shame about your plans for the day being spoiled......

babycakes
14-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Yes didn't think of spoiling crop. :(
The rain here has spoilt our crops too with all the floods. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium at the moment does there? :roll:

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 09:22 PM
There certainly doesn't! You have way too much rain and we can't buy a drop.! DM was lamenting the loss of plants at her allotment due to the incessant rain ....even my catnip is doing poorly this year, even with watering. I'd promised catnip seed to a couple of members but can't do it this year...:(

Fran
14-08-2007, 10:20 PM
We've had that much rain here this year that the farmers up here are struggling to cut the hay/haylidge. The prices of a bale this winter will surely surge this year :shock: :(

mable1718
14-08-2007, 10:23 PM
evening all i hope everyone had a good day its been raining al day here and i have been on catsey and watching dvds

dandysmom
14-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but do horses eat hay? Or is it used for bedding? Thinking of Bootsey, of course........

Fran
14-08-2007, 10:26 PM
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but do horses eat hay? Or is it used for bedding? Thinking of Bootsey, of course........

It's not a dumb question at all Eileen, yes they eat hay/haylidge. They bed on straw or newer materials like wood shavings...