PDA

View Full Version : hoildays

mable1718
12-08-2007, 08:36 AM
as well as most of you know i went to Menorca on monday 30th july.we arrived at the airport at half 3 and checked in our suitcases.

we went over to subway to have something for breakfast when my dad saw a sign about what you are and not allowed in your hand luggage.

well the sign said that you are not alowed liquids over a 100 mls and if they were a 100mls and lower you had to buy these special little bags to but them in.

well in my dads hand luggage he had his shampoo, aftershave and deodrant.

in mine i had sun tan cream (brand new 2 bottles) and after sun (brand new)

all of that stuff had to be chucked out accept from my aftershave which luckly was 100mls.

well i was so angry because my mum spent about 25 pounds on the suntan cream and it said nothing in the tickets book.

so i am just warning you to put all liquids in your case.

you are allowed to take stuff from the duty free onto the plane with you and also if you buy a drink in the airport you are allowed to take it on with you.

i hope this immformation helps but i was so angry i just had to get it off my chest.

plus the first day of our hoilday i lost my wallet containing 50 erous and some english money and nobody bothered to hand it in.

so make sure you no where your wallet/purse is all the time and only take out what you need nothing else

dinahsmum
12-08-2007, 08:39 AM
Aww Mable - hope it improved after that.
The airport restrictions are a pain aren't they? I think it's so sad those big bins they have at the security checkpoints, full of people's perfumes and toiletries.

mable1718
12-08-2007, 08:46 AM
yes i no we were going to give our stuff to someone at the back of the que but then we thought they might say that we have gave them something

Soupie
12-08-2007, 09:25 AM
well the sign said that you are not alowed liquids over a 100 mls and if they were a 100mls and lower you had to buy these special little bags to but them in.

well i was so angry because my mum spent about 25 pounds on the suntan cream and it said nothing in the tickets book.

i hope this immformation helps but i was so angry i just had to get it off my chest.

Whilst I sympathise with having to throw brand new essentials for a hot hols away :( , the airport restrictions have been in place for some considerable time now - always worth checking before you fly ;)

Fran
12-08-2007, 10:02 AM
What a shame :( I do hope the rest of the holiday was better Mabel!

The airport restrictions are really strict. I need to double check what is/isn't allowed before we fly to Florida next year.

dinahsmum
12-08-2007, 10:21 AM
The whole airport hassle is incredibly tedious and surprisingly stressful. I was a little (but not a lot) surprised to read this article yesterday http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/main.jhtml?xml=/travel/2007/08/11/et-stress-111.xml
We are going by ferry this year and are delighted to remember all the treats, like being able to take as many books as we like without worrying about weight, like having our luggage under our control (but not undr our feet) at all times, like not being waaaaay to close to the person in the next seat, who you don't know, who has bad breath and is asleep and dribbling on your shoulder, like other people's overstressed over noisy small children, etc etc.
Oh dear - in grumpy old woman mode again! :roll:

EmmaG
12-08-2007, 10:36 AM
Best thing to do it to pack these with your luggage to go into the hold, I don't believe there is any restrictions there, only for hand luggage.

mable1718
12-08-2007, 10:43 AM
thanks for your kind comments yes my rest of my hoilday was very good

Emm
12-08-2007, 11:04 AM
thats a shame the start of your holiday didn't go well - and to that person that nicked your wallet - you just have to believe in karma - I hate when people think they have a right to just take something from you that you earned - grrrr!

But glad to hear everything else went alright!
I like DMs idea of going by ferry - I really want to go to France but this time I want to take the dogs with me - because it was soooo dog friendly - so we would be going via ferry if we did do that :D

dandysmom
12-08-2007, 04:26 PM
You did get off to a bad start, but at least the rest of the trip was nice; shame about the toiletries and the stolen wallet!

Mags
19-08-2007, 03:59 PM
With the scares that we have been having in this country this past couple of years about terrorists, what is allowed in your hand luggage should be foremost in everyones mind. Airport web sites normally give a list of what is and what isn't allowed onto the plane with you.

I think the majority of people would sooner have these inconveniences rather than risk any danger to the aircraft.

mable1718
19-08-2007, 09:19 PM
thanks everyone for all your kind comments

LucySiamese
19-08-2007, 11:31 PM
We had the same thing when we went to dominican republic in april, but there are signs all round the airport stating what you can take on the plane and at gatwick where we went from people were handing out plastic bags to put any liquids in, luckily we found out before checking in our cases and put the stuff in our cases.

Id rather have the restrictions in place though, than to have someone sneak something in theire hand luggage that could be dangerous:?