PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Kazz
28-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Hello all

Just having a potter around, hope you're all well. Just have a feeling like I don't quite belong now - not meaning that to sound quite as "sad and forlone" as it does, :roll:

I must say though I have gotten used to not having Cleo around faster than I thought I would - maybe because I had in fact prepared myself for the day for so long. I knew she would not be with me forever however as the years have passed I also did not want her to suffer at all and that I managed to achieve. Had a lovely lovely card from the vets.

But even now after such a short time I find I think of her with a smile on my face and no tears, or choked feeling.

I would not say never but can't see myself having another cat - I know there are worthy cases out there and many cats needing homes but no no more cats for me in the forseeable future.

I may "float" around but no stories or snipets to impart therefore I am almost "redundant" on a cat board, so this is not goodbye but a message of Thanks to you all for your support this week.

Karen

alexgirl73
28-07-2007, 10:31 PM
lovely to see you here Karen. Please don't feel you are redundant on here, remember Jac didn't have a cat for a long time!! It's so lovely to hear that you can smile when thinking of Cleo, and not feel too saddened by her passing. I hope you continue to converse with us regularly, and share ownership of our cats xx((hugs))

Elaine
28-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Can I just say, the board has actually had a gaping hole this last week Karen. A bit like an arm chair that has been left vacant bacause the familiar person that sat there has got up and left the room.
I personally dont think you are redundant and have many years worth of experiences, memories and advice that would benefit us all, not to forget about your eloquent way of putting your point across and your comon sense.
You would be VERY sadly missed Kazz and catsey just wouldnt be the same with out you so please stick around. xxx

dandysmom
28-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Alex has summed it up beautifully, Karen, I can add nothing....

Kazz
28-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Can I just say, the board has actually had a gaping hole this last week Karen. A bit like an arm chair that has been left vacant bacause the familiar person that sat there has got up and left the room.
I personally dont think you are redundant and have many years worth of experiences, memories and advice that would benefit us all, not to forget about your eloquent way of putting your point across and your comon sense.
You would be VERY sadly missed Kazz and catsey just wouldnt be the same with out you so please stick around. xxx

Thank you very much. I mean that.

But can I also add on a lighter note - when I left the room I bet I took the remote control;)

Elaine
28-07-2007, 10:57 PM
Thank you very much. I mean that.

But can I also add on a lighter note - when I left the room I bet I took the remote control;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
You see I'd miss all that.
Do stay with us chum xxx

dandysmom
28-07-2007, 11:13 PM
Please ?????????????

Donna
29-07-2007, 08:36 AM
Catsey is for cat lovers - not necessarily owners - so you must stay Kazz.

We would all miss you!!

Fran
29-07-2007, 09:29 AM
Catsey would not be Catsey without the 'Kazz like threads' ;) Come on Kazz, you don't need to have a cat to hang around here, as well you know and if you are honest, you do still have Cleo and Oscar, they will be forever in your heart, you are not Catless at all :-)
Stick around chum, we've missed you these last few days x

dinahsmum
29-07-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey! :)
I thought/hoped it mightn't be too long before we saw you again, and for the same reason you put forward - Cleo was a wonderful old lady but you knew you couldn't have another 10 years with her, so mentally you were making preparation. It's lovely to hear that your tears are being replaced by smiles already. Same as I felt when I lost my old birds recently ..... sadness but a guilty relief that the moment had passed and there was no more worry.

As the others have said - current cat ownership is not required to be a valued Catsey member. And where would be without Kazz questions? :shock:

(and if I were you I'd keep a pouch or two of kitten food, a pouch or two of adult cat food and a soft blankie stashed away somewhere ............ he/she/they will find you, sooner or later)

take care x

Emm
29-07-2007, 10:13 AM
I totally agree with everything that has been said before me - and totally agree with Dinahsmums last sentence ;) :lol:

Mags
29-07-2007, 10:48 AM
Lovely to see you here Kazz even though you sneaked on here on my night off!! :-D

The first thing I have to say is that you are a very important part of Catsey, you have been with us almost from the start Kazz. We value your knowledge here, whether it be about cats, gardening or other subject.........you also keep our brains alert and working with your special "Kazz Questions" ..:roll::lol: Your advice to members is also priceless;)

It's lovely to hear that you can now smile when thinking of dear Cleo, the initial shock does hit you hard but when you have overcome that, you realise that she is now resting peacefully ......which is what you always wanted for her.

As to thinking you shouldn't be here as you are no longer a cat owner anymore...... rubbish!! I'm sure everyone here would have you share their cat/s ............ you are Cassie's adopted auntie for a start!;)

We have missed you here Kazz but we also knew and understood that you needed space for a while. Remember, to us you are a friend first and a member second...;)
Looking forward to seeing you 'full-time' back here on Catsey...;) (((((hugs))))) xxx

Jac
29-07-2007, 11:05 AM
What can I say Kazz? Everyone has said it before me but Catsey wouldnt be the same without you.

Erin
29-07-2007, 10:18 PM
I cant say anything else that hasnt already been said Kazz,Catsey defo wouldnt be the same without you,please stay :) xx

yola
29-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Karen - you are an intrinsic part of this forum, and your input; whether cat-related or otherwise means that for you not to be here would leave a big Karen-shaped hole :D

Everyone else has said it far more eloquently, but your friendship here is valued immensely :D

dandysmom
29-07-2007, 10:51 PM
Amen to all of the above !!!

charliebubs
30-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Kazz, I agree with what everyone else has said. It's not all about owning a cat, you start some fantastic threads on here with thought-provoking questions and gardening tips :)

Please don't leave us!!! Catsey won't be the same without you.

And, like the others have said.........you have lots of feline nieces and nephews on here :):):)

Moli
30-07-2007, 11:42 AM
Agree with everything that has been said, you, Kazz are a big part of Catsey, hope to see you on soon.....hugs....xx