PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Tuesday

Fran
24-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Morning all, the sun is shining brightly this morning. Em has her sports day this afternoon, so will probably pop along for an hour. Also going to hold hubby's hand at the dentist later this afternoon, he has to have a filling and hasn't had one for over 20 years so is feeling a little anxious.

Hope you all have a lovely day and that the sun is shining for everyone this morning :D

mable1718
24-07-2007, 08:15 AM
morning all it is boiling hot here this morning nothing much planned but im going to art club later

hope the sports day and the dentist go well fran

have a nice day all

dinahsmum
24-07-2007, 08:20 AM
Morning.
Sunshine :shock: Blue, cloudless sky :shock: It can't last :roll:
Well it looks as though Gloucestershire is spared, at least for the time being. 600 000 homes spared from power loss - phew! Have been nagging my son to pack up and come down (even ordered that air ioniser for his new-found cat allergy) but it seems he'll be OK now. He was due to lose water sometime overnight but the authorities are getting organised with bowsers in the streets. Haven't heard from him yet.
Poor Tewkesbury. I worked there for 12 years - it was always prone to winter floods but learnt to cope with those and their normal scale.
http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/13188Tewkesbury%20flood.jpg

The building in the foreground is the office - look at it - water up to the window sills. I presume it is sandbagged and clear inside - otherwise millions of pounds of computers, the telephone system, the print room etc etc will be lost :(
I'm taking advantage of the relatively good weather to get onto the allotment and just tear up potatoes and tomatoes and get them off to the tip - they are all blighted. The allotment site looks like November with so much brown sad vegetation :(
What a tale of woe.
Have a good day everyone.

Jac
24-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Very warm and sunny here today already. Got Mum in a while. She's wanting to go to the safari park today but I'm not really up for it.
Got quite a lot to do ie bank, bills ect.
Have a great day all.

Tink
24-07-2007, 11:01 AM
kuan yin has fleas again..gave her a bath and couldn't believe what i was seeing...i washed all the bedding...have vet appt on wednesday morning..hope she's old enough to get frontline by now..i think she should be..she's eight weeks...plus, it looks like i'm really allergic to flea bites now..they are feeling like hard tennis balls on my body...yuck. hope everyone has a great day.

alexgirl73
24-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Morning all, sunny between the clouds here, just hoping the rain stays away so I can catch up on all my washing! Nightmaer Tinks, hope the vet gets her sorted. off to try and track down a decent cat litter in a little while, the Asda stuff just has no odour control. I cant afford worlds best unfortunatley and I tried Sophisticat pink last week, it was great on odour control but I didn't like that fact you couldn't seperate the wet litter from the dry. So off to test out another this week lol! Nothing planned for today. My mum and dad went off on their cruise this mornig lucky things, off to see Italy again! Hope everyone has a good day.

Mags
24-07-2007, 11:33 AM
Morning all, after a rather cool start to the day it is.......................bootiful now!!:-D
There is plenty of blue sky showing between the clouds and more importantly..... the sun is shining again!!!! Woo-hoo!!

It will definitely be the garden for me this afternoon, the slugs and snails look as though they have been partying out there!:lol: Hopefully the sunshine will do my tomatoes a bit of good......no sign of colouring on them yet!:roll:

Just phoned the vet to book her for her booster and health check tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has some sun today, make the most of it as it won't last unfortunately....:?
http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/verschiedene/f015.gif

charliebubs
24-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Morning all, sunny between the clouds here, just hoping the rain stays away so I can catch up on all my washing! Nightmaer Tinks, hope the vet gets her sorted. off to try and track down a decent cat litter in a little while, the Asda stuff just has no odour control. I cant afford worlds best unfortunatley and I tried Sophisticat pink last week, it was great on odour control but I didn't like that fact you couldn't seperate the wet litter from the dry. So off to test out another this week lol! Nothing planned for today. My mum and dad went off on their cruise this mornig lucky things, off to see Italy again! Hope everyone has a good day.

Alex - if you want a good value clumping one I would suggest Cats Best Oko Plus. You can buy it in PAH. It's not the cheapest one they sell, but it's good. It clumps well and you can flush the clumps down the loo as it's made from the same stuff as toilet paper. Odour problem solved!!!! :)

Emm
24-07-2007, 01:03 PM
another day of sunshine here - thats two good days in a row must be a record here :lol: although for about half an hour yesterday the skies went black and there was some thunder then the blue skies came back :D

Kazz
24-07-2007, 02:41 PM
A beautiful day of sunshine here no rain in sight. Hope everyone has had a good day, I've done nothing other than what you know of today but its a good day,

Karen

alexgirl73
24-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Thanks for that Charlie, I read it too late though lol!! I'll see how I go with the stuff I bought today. Never heard of it before but I bought it from the new Just4pets that's opened here. Jasmine scented!!! If the cats dont get on with it I'll give the OKo Plus one a rey.

yola
24-07-2007, 10:21 PM
Just logged on today . . . it's been frighteningly busy but manageable - we're kind of in control, for today at least! Reading is bracing itself for high tide on the Thames tonight, I think there may be some bad flooding . . . so sorry to hear of your allotment crop DM, what a shambles this year :( Sounds like August might be OK though (waits to see :roll: ).

Karen - was knocked sideways by your post about darling Cleo. A sad, sad day on Catsey indeed - our grande dame bows out in style. Lots of love to you on an impossibly difficult day.