PDA

View Full Version : I've got to do something..

Socks
23-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Today, a building was raided for a drug search, and they found over 50 cats/kittens living there. We /Manchester,tullahoma. Do not have a Fostering home for animals, only a Pound. The Cops took all the animals to the pound.....They killed ALL the kittens and Cats witthen the hour....

It's the most sickest, cruelist thing I've ever seen...

On the news, the manager said "They were streys, and we don't except cats, and the population of cats are enormous in Tullahoma and Manchester, so we need to cut back on the numbers" And the Court LET HIM GO!!!

It's just so sad all those cat/kittens didn't even have a chance at being adopted.

Do any of you think this was wrong?

Well, here it goes..Since he said there's too high of a number, then I'm going to try and get into fostering

One..I need to know what all Fostering is..^_^;;

mable1718
23-07-2007, 08:05 AM
that is so mean and cruel someone would of took some of them in they had no reason to go and kill them

alexgirl73
23-07-2007, 08:43 AM
First of all Socks, have a look around your state and find out if their is a national society for helping out with cats and kittens. tehn phone them to ask if they need helpers in your area. That is the best way to go i think, 'cause if you do it yourself it would turn out very expensive!!

Mags
23-07-2007, 02:41 PM
That's good advice from Alex, Socks...;)

Killing all those cats and kittens wouldn't be allowed over here as we have a lot of Animal Rescue Homes/Societies who would do their best to take them in and rehome them.

Are there any cat rescue places in your State?

Socks
23-07-2007, 08:18 PM
In my state, yes..however, I live out in the "Nowheres" which meen, the closest place I found was in Memphis, 7 hours away from where I live. There is one in Nashville, only an hour away, however they're not interested.

I went to the Mayor today, and he said that he would give me a liscense to receive donations. So, I'm hopeing witthen time, donations will add up to what is needed.

My Aunt does this, except with strey dogs.

However, she gets them from the pound, a day before they're killed and then lets people come and adopt them.

I asked her the cost, and she said The fencing,the medz,and the food. That was the only thing she had to pay for, since the Vets gave her free checkups. with my Job, I make over 100 every two weeks. (Not enough to pay for everything)
But, I'm hopeing that Donations will help out.

alexgirl73
23-07-2007, 08:39 PM
good luck to you!

charliebubs
23-07-2007, 08:49 PM
Good luck Socks. Just remember not to take on more than you can cope with. You will never be able to save them all, unfortunately.

Elaine
23-07-2007, 09:36 PM
Sorry to bang on and on about the whole neuter and spey issue but............
The thing is whilst I DO think its such a crying shame that these cats and kittens were all pts, and lets not forget that these things DO happen here too. The RSPCA/SSPCA and some shelters do pts healthy animals, some will use the FIV/FELV as an excuse to do so, some simply dont have the room to take the animals in for rehoming and they are therefore pts.
Its such a very sad fact but I do wish that people would look at the bigger picture, there simply ARE NOT enough homes to go round.
We can all help by speying and neutering.