PDA

View Full Version : run in with the neighbor...

Tink
15-07-2007, 07:02 AM
well, i just had it out with our neighbor who was drunk AGAIN as usual!!! My bf and I were carrying in groceries from our errands this evening and he came up our driveway stumbling shouting that he was going to shoot our dogs in the head if he ever sees them because he thinks they are responsible for cat deaths in the neighborhood. Mind you, our dogs are strictly indoors and are never let out unless we are putting them in the car to go for a run at the river. I was already in a bad mood and livid he made a threat to murder my dogs and kussed him out. My bf can hold his temper better than I can and called me into the house before it could escalate further. A minute later we heard loud banging on our door. My bf yelled through the door that if it was him to go away and he said he wouldn't. My bf then said you have three seconds to leave before I call the police. It fell silent behind the door. Now I am so angry and fearful for my dogs lives...he is so drunk all the time what if he goes up to our fence and shoots them in our backyard?? I don't trust him at all. I also know he uses cocaine because he offered it to me before (I refused). What do I do???

Elaine
15-07-2007, 08:46 AM
OMG what a delightful neighbor.
As threats have been made, do you think the police would do anything about it?
I dont know what to suggest really, sounds terrible and I am really sorry that you have to put up with that kind of stuff.
I sincerely hope he doesnt do anything to the dogs.
Why would he think that your dogs are responsible anyway?

Fran
15-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh what an awful situation for you :mad: I'd be inclined to let the police know about the threats. Let us know how you get on

alexgirl73
15-07-2007, 10:29 AM
Yup, I'd go down the police route if you can Tink. A nightmare situation. Could you perhaps look in to moving? Not the perfect solution of course but for your own peace of mind it may be what's needed!

Mags
15-07-2007, 10:35 AM
What an awful neighbour Tink :mad: I too would be inclined to let the police know that this man has been threatening both you and your dogs .........maybe they could put a restraining order on him for threatening behaviour....:?

Please let us know if anything else develops.....

Erin
15-07-2007, 11:46 AM
omg thats awful,I think I would go to the police too.
Let us know how you get on

mable1718
15-07-2007, 12:14 PM
i think i would go to the police

Tom
15-07-2007, 01:46 PM
OMG that is awful... I would also inform the police.

Tom

dandysmom
15-07-2007, 04:16 PM
What a horrible situation! Yes, do notify the police and ask if a restraining order can be issued! You want it to be on record if anything further happens, God forbid!

Kim
15-07-2007, 04:40 PM
How awful for you. I agree with what others have said. Poor you ((hugs))

Tink
16-07-2007, 02:44 AM
OMG what a delightful neighbor.
As threats have been made, do you think the police would do anything about it?
I dont know what to suggest really, sounds terrible and I am really sorry that you have to put up with that kind of stuff.
I sincerely hope he doesnt do anything to the dogs.
Why would he think that your dogs are responsible anyway?

you know what? i really don't know. i think the drugs make him make up stories in his mind. i checked with the neighbors and there haven't even been any cat deaths that they've heard of! however, one of our dogs bounce was a rescue from a very sad abuse (her former owners left her out and alone on the fourth of july and some teenagers decided to tie her to a tree and shoot bottle rockets at her all night long). when he first got her years ago, she was terrified of people and hid under the couch and there was a time this neighbor came over. he is known to be quite "rough" with animals (roughly playing when they don't know you yet, yelling at them in a very intimidating voice) and i think she might have taken an aggressive stance though he was not bitten. mind you this was in our house and years ago and after he was warned she had not settled in yet. since then, he goes around the neighborhood talking about how bounce is vicious and if anything dies it is probably her fault. that's the only thing i can come up with....:(
he has about fifteen people over now and there are cars parked all over his yard and everyone is drunk...AGAIN...my bf had to go into work tonight...i'm praying nothing will happen again but if it does i'll be sure to call the police.

Tom
16-07-2007, 06:36 PM
Awwww, this guy sounds awful :( Hope everything was okay for you x

sarahd
16-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Sounds to me like the neighbour from hell :(

I think the main advice here is to inform the police of what's been happening even if it just means making them aware that god forbid should you have to call them in an emergency (hoping sincerely that you won't) they are ready for it and respond as a matter of priority.

No one should have to live like that and certainly not have to fear being in your house alone because of some idiot next door.

Hope you manage to get things sorted out

Sarah
x

dandysmom
16-07-2007, 07:52 PM
Sarah has summed up my feelings exactly!!!

Tink
17-07-2007, 12:34 AM
okay, i just called the police department..they are going to have an officer call me back shortly to take a report...i probably wouldn't have had the guts to do it myself without all your support and advice...thank you.

Mags
17-07-2007, 03:11 PM
okay, i just called the police department..they are going to have an officer call me back shortly to take a report...i probably wouldn't have had the guts to do it myself without all your support and advice...thank you.
I hope the police will be able to make you feel easier about this neighbour, Tink ;)

dandysmom
17-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Did the police contact you last evening, Tink?

Tink
17-07-2007, 05:35 PM
yes, thank you for asking. they said they cannot do anything about him if he does shoot our dogs in the head as it is not seen as a "legal issue" but they would go to his house and warn him his statements were not appropriate and inform him about firearm laws. i feel somewhat frustrated and relieved. i'm not sure what to think.

dandysmom
17-07-2007, 08:09 PM
I am amazed!!! :shock: Shooting your dogs would not be a "legal issue"???? Tink, is there a legal aid branch where you live that you could get an opinion from about this: I cannot believe wilfully destroying an animal wouldn't be, at the very least, destruction of property? I'm no lawyer, but that does not sound right to me....

Tink
28-10-2007, 05:36 AM
i know this thread is old but here are pics from this weekend of the "vicious dog" my neighbor threatened to kill...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/kandbounce4.jpg
poor thing was abused when we got her
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/kandbounce5.jpg
now she is one of our family and we love her so much...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/kandbounce3.jpg
not so vicious...
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y228/Khaosinc/kandbounce.jpg
moral of the story..don't do drugs or you might think a lovely animal is vicous and cruel.