PDA

View Full Version : Collars for kittens? Anyone know where I can get one?

random
08-07-2007, 06:26 PM
As you all know we are keeping Princess, our kitten born with Spina Bifida. She is doing really really well and only has a slight limp most of the time which doesn't seem to be hindering her much at all. The other babies are going to their new homes very soon, and the biggest respect to all of you who have bred kittens because I am finding it very very hard letting them go, hence waiting until they are a little older before letting them leave home rather than 8 weeks.

Anyway when they have all left home i'd like to get a collar for Princess with a bell on it so we can hear where she is. She currently spends a lot of her time in the 'cat nursery' (which is just the back room which we kitted out for the kittens) but she would have free roam of the house when the others leave. Obviously a normal sized cat collar would drown her, and I didn't bother with collars on my others 'til they were a little older.

So does anyone know where I can get a tiny kitten collar, with a safety clip?

Moli
08-07-2007, 06:34 PM
http://www.kittycatboutique.co.uk/ca...php?category=1 (http://www.kittycatboutique.co.uk/catalog.php?category=1)
Have a look on here Random...

Emm
08-07-2007, 07:01 PM
I have made kitten collars for a few customers but you must be aware that a kitten does not weigh enough to snap the buckle open. So its a great idea for getting the kitten used to wearing a collar but you must remove them when you are not about for the kittens safety :D

mable1718
08-07-2007, 08:42 PM
you could try pet shops

random
08-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanx for the link Moli, will have a look now. :D

Emm the collar is intended for her own safety as with a bell on it we can always hear where she is even if we can't see her, and it's important because normal things that cats get up to could pose a threat to her life with the condition that she has unfortunately. :( A collar with a bell seems the best option. Like I said with the others I didn't even put them in collars 'til they were big enough but she could really do with it sooner for her own safety. Obviously it would be removed at night, e.t.c.

Thanx Mable but we don't have many pet shops round here and the ones we do have only sell cat collars which would be way to big for her as she is very small even for her age. :smt001 I get most of my pet stuff online and thought someone may know of a place I can order and have a collar delivered.

Tanya
08-07-2007, 09:11 PM
When I was in ASDA earlier I noticed that they sell kitten collars with a safety snap bit - in case the kitten gets caught on something. :)

random
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
When I was in ASDA earlier I noticed that they sell kitten collars with a safety snap bit - in case the kitten gets caught on something. :)

I saw some in Tesco too in pink and blue, and the 'snap away' bit was in the shape of a cats face! :) It did say kitten collar but would still have been way too big for her, I wonder if they are the same range?

sarahd
09-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Hi Random
I know which ones you are meaning. My friend who breeds got some from the Supreme Cat Show and they are little tiny elasticated material collars and they fit kittens from a couple of weeks old. She uses them so she can tell who is who.
I have tried everywhere to get these collars and can't so it looks like everyone has to make a trip to the Supreme lol

Sarah
x

PS if you do find some please let me know as i am in need of them too for the kittens as i cant tell them apart either lol