PDA

View Full Version : Guide Dogs GALA DAY CANCENCELLED

smudgley
03-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Received this via e-mail today. Need to get the message out to as many people as possible as this is a Natinal event & last year attracted 10,000 people & 4,000 dogs. :shock:

I am sorry to have to break the news that Guide Dogs’ Gala Day at Moreton Morrell (Warwickshire College), planned for Saturday, 07 July, has had to be cancelled because of the effects of bad weather.
Recent rainfall – with the risk of further downpours – has left the ground waterlogged.
Resulting concerns for people’s safety in these wet, slippery conditions – and with a real risk of cars becoming stuck in mud – has left us with no choice but to cancel the event.
Guide Dogs is as disappointed as its friends and supporters, who were looking forward to the event, but it must put safety first, which is why the decision to cancel has reluctantly been taken.

I would be really grateful if you could pass on this message to anyone you know who was planning to attend Gala Day.

Kazz
03-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Do you think it may be worth phoning WM/the mail know so they can "advertise" it.

Karen

Jac
03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
That's a great pity Smudgley. What will they do now for a fundraiser? that must bring a lot of money in.

charliebubs
03-07-2007, 01:57 PM
Oh what a shame. :(

Blooming English weather!!! :(

Mags
03-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Oh what a shame! :( Will they be able to reschedule the Gala Day Smudgley? I do hope so.

smudgley
03-07-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm sure Neil has contacted WM.

It's not a fundraiser, it's just a very big event for people to enjoy themselves. Everything there is free including entry & car park & camping.

I doubt if it will be rescheduled, it's too big an event to reorganise.

It's been raining really hard all day & we've had storms too.:roll:

Ramble
05-07-2007, 05:30 PM
How diappointed am I??? And a certain BBH I know? We were all set to come down for a few days for it...
Ah well...next year. Ember (puppy number 2 ) was going to be there with his owner as well.
All sad here....I have now been coerced into going onto a canal boat instead.........

smudgley
05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
You can still come down & meet up with Jane & John. :)

You could have a guided tour of Tollgate as I'm there at the weekend :cool:

you can meet my mad FCR. :roll:

Ramble
06-07-2007, 10:08 AM
You can still come down & meet up with Jane & John. :)

You could have a guided tour of Tollgate as I'm there at the weekend :cool:

you can meet my mad FCR. :roll:

Awwwwww thank you!!! :-D

We have cancelled the hotel for this weekend and are heading off on a canal boat...Sherpa comes too of course! Could be fun...my current nightmare is him leaping onto George and knocking him in the water...then following him! :shock: :roll:

I would love to see Tollgate! Not quite as much as I'd love to see your nutty Flattie though! Saw her piccie in Forward! She looks lovely!
We are thinking of coming down for the day over the summer so maybe then!!!! (She says cheekily!!!!!)

smudgley
06-07-2007, 10:13 AM
great, let me know when you are in the area & I'll try & be there to show you round, although I'll be off work 4 weeks out of the 6 weeks so I may not be working. I can always arrange for someone to show you round though.

the picture was awful & her ears looked so scruffy, she's since had a trim.