PDA

View Full Version : So sad; so sudden

yola
23-05-2007, 09:19 PM
We lost Darcy just before 6pm tonight. It was sudden and I think it was heart failure. I am bereft and a bottle of wine down so please excuse typos. My darling cream persian is sleeping in my cream pashmina, and I am just heartbroken.

Fran
23-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh my God Yola...I don't know what to say :cry:

How very very sad :(

RIP gorgeous Darcy x

Jac
23-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh Yola I'm so very, very sorry. At least he didnt suffer. (((((())))) Hugs

RIP Darcy

Moli
23-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh! Yola so very sorry to hear this, Thoughts and "Hugs"with you.....

Run Free Darcy..........xx

Tom
23-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh Yola, I'm so very sorry :(

RIP xxxxx

Elaine
23-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Oh Yola, I am so very sorry xxx
What a shock for you, sending loads of love and hugs xxx
R.I.P. Dear Sweet Darcy xxx

Mags
23-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh my goodness Yola, I am so very, very sorry :cry:

My thoughts are with you ((((hugs)))) x

RIP lovely Darcy xx

Tanya
23-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Yola, you poor thing - (((hugs)))

R.I.P. Darcy xxx

Kazz
23-05-2007, 09:30 PM
Good Lord, I am so so very sorry. He has never known any thing but love.

My heart goes out to you I am so very very sorry.

alexgirl73
23-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Yola I am so very, very sorry!! I have absolutely no idea what to say.

Sending you lots of love xx

RIP Beautiful Darcy x

Sweet
23-05-2007, 09:47 PM
My love and thoughts are with you tonight Yola and Family x

RIP Darcy x

:(

EmmaG
23-05-2007, 09:51 PM
Oh Yola, I am so so sorry to hear about Darcy :( RIP little boy :(

(((hugs))) to you

Erin
23-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Omg Yola,im so so sorry :(
RIP Gorgeous boy xx
(((((hugs))))) to you xx

random
23-05-2007, 10:12 PM
Oh God Yola i'm so sorry, what a shock to read this. I have no idea what to say. My thoughts are with you.

Run free Darcy. x

Shanik
23-05-2007, 10:15 PM
So sorry, sleep well beautiful one.

xx

CJK
23-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Yola,
I am so sorry to hear this sad news.
You gave Darcy as much love as any cat could hope for, and the best of care.
I know you will dearly miss him.

run Free Darcy xxx

smudgley
23-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Yola, really sad to read about Darcy. :cry:

R.I.P

{{hugs for Yola}}

smithdouglaswood
23-05-2007, 10:56 PM
So sorry Yola <big hugs>

RIP Darcy.

sarahd
24-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Just seen this post :(

I;m so sorry to hear this Yola and am sending you best wishes and lots of hugs at this heartbreaking time.

RIP Darcy run free and play hard on the Bridge

Sarah
x

kado
24-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Ive just seen this post and i am so sorry for your loss Yola
RIP Darcy

Jane
X

dinahsmum
24-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh Yola - what a shock for you and what a sad time.
In a little while you will be able to look back and be happy that it was mercifully swift and that Darcy's quality of life remained until the end.
Look forward to the time when you will be able to look back with just happy memories and without today's sadness.
x

mable1718
24-05-2007, 08:07 AM
oh yola i dont no what to say

RIP darcyx

yola
24-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Thank you so very much for your kind words and messages. I'm a bit shell-shocked still. Was horribly sick last night and hardly slept. I really didn't think I would be this affected by a pet's loss - I was nowhere near this distraught with Ferdy.

Darcy was in the garden with us on his harness up until about 5.45, I brought him, he did his usual, very unsociable poo and beetled off upstairs. I went up 5 or 10 minutes later to put Cbeebies on for Domi and Darcy was lying by the side of the sofa. It struck me as a bit odd coz he usually lies on the sofa against the cushions. I went over to him but he wasn't breathing.

Dominik, bless his little heart suggested giving him Calpol to 'make him better amd wake him up'.

I wrapped him in my cream pashmina, took a final picture of him . . . and this morning we took him to the vet who will organize his cremation at Diginity. And I will then have 2 sleeping cats on my dresser here to say goodnight to each evening :(

Animagus
24-05-2007, 10:49 AM
Oh Yola I am so very sorry that you Lost Darcy so suddenly... I hope and pary you get through this upset and remember the happy times ((((((((Hugs)))))))) love Wendy xx

Jac
24-05-2007, 10:58 AM
Yola, I can sympathise totally with you. We tend to take our beloved pets for granted. Thinking they will always be with us. Of course in out hearts they will be. My thoughts are with you and your family at this heart breaking time.
((((((())))))) Jac xx

Sweet
24-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Very moving Yola, reading you have them close to you to say goodnight each evening x

Elaine
24-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh Yola xxx
Dear sweet Darcy, did the vet offer any sort of suggestion as to why he died so suddenly?
Such a sad time for you hun xxx

Donna
24-05-2007, 05:35 PM
I am sorry to hear your sad news Yola. At least he enjoyed his last evening in the love of his family x

RIP Darcy x

Liz
24-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Yola so sorry for the loss of Darcy the time we have them is never long enough but its nice to say goodnight to them we are now up to 5 cats and the dog on the shelf in our bedroom and I say goodnight every night

The are only ever borrowed never owned but forever a pawprint in our hearts

Again so sorry we lost bertie 2 weeks ago so like you the pain of the loss is still very fresh

yola
24-05-2007, 07:14 PM
Dear sweet Darcy, did the vet offer any sort of suggestion as to why he died so suddenly?

We thought long and hard about an autopsy, but at the end decided against it - I don't like the idea of his little body being carved up. Silly and irrational, I know, but we hang on to these things in sad times :(

The only suggestion really was that there was some kind of congenital heart (assuming of course that it was a heart attack), as being a persian and a bit malformed round the face could indicate some other kind of defect.

Whatever it was, it was quick and not painful as he didn't look startled, alarmed or distressed :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kim
24-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Juat caught up with this. So, so sorry Yola, how heartbreaking for you. I'm pleased he didn't suffer and was happy to the end, you gave him a great life. ((hugs)) to you and your family. RIP beautiful Darcy.

cc22peatree
24-05-2007, 10:37 PM
Oh Hun, I am so sorry

RIP Darcey

Elaine
25-05-2007, 08:57 AM
We thought long and hard about an autopsy, but at the end decided against it - I don't like the idea of his little body being carved up. Silly and irrational, I know, but we hang on to these things in sad times :(

The only suggestion really was that there was some kind of congenital heart (assuming of course that it was a heart attack), as being a persian and a bit malformed round the face could indicate some other kind of defect.

Whatever it was, it was quick and not painful as he didn't look startled, alarmed or distressed :cry: :cry: :cry:

You are right not to have done an autopsy, I would have felt the same.
Its not silly or irrational Yola, at the end of the day it wouldnt have changed a thing.
Darcy and his little gobblin face had a good life with you and knew he was well loved xxx Take some comfort that it was quick and he didnt suffer xxx
Thinking of you xxx

charliebubs
25-05-2007, 02:11 PM
Oh Yola, I'm so sorry to hear about Darcy.

At least it was quick and painfree, which you can take comfort in. He had a wonderful life with you and your family and will always be remembered with love.

My thoughts are with you.

Lots of love.
RIP Darcy
xx

yola
25-05-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh Elaine - his little goblin face *sigh* :( . I keep thinking I see him out of the corner of my eye (I always had to look out for him as he was constantly under your feet) :(

Tomorrow will be difficult. His ashes are back at the vets and I will be going to collect his little cat-shaped urn. Today I had to tell my step-kids about losing him and it's kind of brought it all back.

Thank you again for your sweet words - I swear I loved him almost as much as the boys . . . he was very special.

janey83
25-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Oh no, R.I.P Darcy. Loved ya lil tooth that stuck out xxx

sammy
25-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Only just seen this, so very sorry Yola. Take some comfort that he didn't suffer and was well and happy with you to the end. I know it will be no comfort to you at the moment, but there have been times when I wished my elderly cats would just go like that, peacefully in their sleep at home - times when I knew I would have to help them on their way (and did), and wished I hadn't had to - hope that makes sense.....

Hope you're OK, take care.

Sammy.xxx

dandysmom
26-05-2007, 02:29 AM
I just caught this also, Yola; I'm so very very sorry for your loss. But thank God it was quick and painless, and he was at home, not frightened and lonely at the vets, and he was surrounded by the love he'd had all his life with you. RIP, little Darcy, run free on the Bridge. Loads of hugs to you...:(

yola
26-05-2007, 10:17 PM
OK, please forgive me if this seems a bit mawkish and self-indulgant, but something inside me needs to communicate how huge an impact this little cat had on my life. Whilst OH has gone to bed, I'm sat here thinking about my little puss and I would like to put together a small, pictorial tribute to him. Rather than starting another thread I thought it best to keep it all together.

My pretty boy doing what he did best, look stunning . . .

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/6696Carseat Darcy.jpg

. . . being a character; doing things HIS way :roll:

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/20563Darcy drinking.jpg

. . . looking beseeching - he could get anything with this expression on his face:

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/14010Picture 020_S.jpg

. . . being aloof

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/15685Picture 002.jpg

'sleeping' peacefully . . .

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/24589Goodnight Sweetheart.jpg

And finally, back at home today. This little man really brought love, fun and sunshine into our household. This is something I never expected a cat to do, certainly not to the extent he did. Please remember a life cut short by goodness knows what . . . fate if you will. Much loved, and forever missed; Darcy - see you again sometime in the future my little sweetheart :cry:

http://wwwdogsey.com/pics/16491Picture 026.jpg

EmmaG
26-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Lovely tribute Yola.....he is home now with you....and will forever Rest in Peace.

dandysmom
26-05-2007, 10:31 PM
A beautiful tribute to a lovely, well loved boy, Yola.

Elaine
26-05-2007, 10:35 PM
A beautiful tribute Yola to a very special kitty xxx

Erin
27-05-2007, 07:58 AM
A lovely tribute Yola to a gorgeous little boy xxx

Fran
27-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Awwww lovely tribute yola

RIP sweet Darcy x

Kazz
27-05-2007, 10:05 AM
What lovely memories, and sharedin pictures. Take care Yola he will always be by your side. Karen

Mags
27-05-2007, 10:31 AM
A beautiful tribute, full of love Yola...

Rest in Peace sweet Darcy xx

Jules
27-05-2007, 10:35 AM
So sorry for your loss :(

Run free Darcy, sweet dreams xx

Sweet
27-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Beautiful x