PDA

View Full Version : Doggy dilemma

smudgley
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Had a lady I know call me today from another CP branch, she said a lady she knows who helps out with a bit of rescue stuff needs to get a Rottweiler transported from a house in Birmingham to a shelter in Worcester (I don't think there is a shelter in Worcester, but maybe there is a small one) anyway she asked....did I know anyone who could transport the dog? She said the dog needs a new home because the owner can't stay out of prison long enough to look after the dog :roll: She also said he has a lovely temperament. (The dog not the owner) :-D

{For anyone who may not know, we used to have a rottweiler & have recently been thinking about getting another, but aren't sure at present}

So here's the dilema.
Do I
a) transport the dog from Birmingham to Worcester :roll:
b) phone the lady & say I can't help :roll:
c) contact a man I know who runs a rottweiler rescue (well I spoke to him a couple of times when we were going to adopt a dog recently) as this may be more suitable in finding him a home :roll:

Fran
10-05-2007, 09:15 PM
None of the above....and rehome the dog yourself? :shock: ;)

Moli
10-05-2007, 09:16 PM
Think the best would be to contact Rotty Rescue Smudgley,they know the breed and would probably find a home perfect for him....

Erin
10-05-2007, 09:21 PM
lol @ fran

I would go with the Rottie Rescue too

borderdawn
10-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Contact Rottie welfare, I personally would not consider homing a male Rottweiler with children, when by the sound of its owner it may not of had the best upbringing!
Dawn.

Jac
11-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Smudgley I know in your heart you want this boy but I go with Dawn on this one.

Kazz
11-05-2007, 08:33 PM
I would ring the lady and suggest contacting Rottie rescue. I would not take on a Male Rottie (or Staffie) especially ayoung adult/adult whose background I did not know with children in the house either.

Karen

smudgley
12-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Don't worry girls I wasn't thinking of taking him on at all. ;) If I do ever take on a rescue one it would only be a youngster.

Just didn't know how much to get involved in his rehoming & I think a breed specific rescue for this breed is much more suitable than the shelter who've offered him a place.

Was wondering if I should coontact the rescue etc & offer to transport, as it's a breed close to my heart.:cool:

alexgirl73
12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
I would contact the erscue Smudgley, as you say it would be better for him than a shelter!

mable1718
12-05-2007, 10:44 AM
i would go c the rottie rescue

Animagus
12-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I tend to agree with the others on this one seems the dog would be better off in a rottie rescue than just any rescue centre