PDA

View Full Version : good pic of Whiskys kittens

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 03:28 PM
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w74/cc22peatree/kittens.jpg

As you all took such interest in my girls kittens, I thought I'd post another pic, these were the babies this morning:D

The pic shows a clearer view of there colours, I think there quite unusual:?

I'd keep them all if I could, but my OH said no and its been hard enough to get him to let me even keep one,
I will be keeping one of the blues, not sure which one as yet:D

Fran
22-04-2007, 03:30 PM
Awwwwwwwwww they are gorgous!!!

Mags
22-04-2007, 03:31 PM
What a delightful photo :D

You get the impression that they are all piled one on top of the other!:lol:

Have to say that your litter produced some fantastic colours too:D

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 03:36 PM
But there all so different, its going to be hard to choose just one to keep,
the peach and black babies are spoken for, so is one of the blues, depending on which one i choose:?

you no, I haven't even checked there sexs yet:shock:

Fran
22-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Well the black and one of the blues are torties aren't they? If so they will be girls. Is the other blue solid blue or are there any tortie markings at all?

Fran
22-04-2007, 03:39 PM
I'd have to keep the blue tortie but then I am biased towards torties ;) :-D

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 03:45 PM
I'd have to keep the blue tortie but then I am biased towards torties ;) :-D

one of the blues, the lighter one, looks to be a tortie, and the darker one looks like it will be a tab:D

Now this is a hard desicion, as I love tabs, and I also love torties:?
I would keep both, but Paul has put his foot down, I love the peach aswell, oh, the black ones lovely too:lol:

Fran
22-04-2007, 03:47 PM
The thing with blues is that they are mostly all born with tabby markings that disappear as the cat ages. They are called 'ghost' markings. Is one of the parents tabby? If not the kitten cannot be a tabby ;)

Edit to add just remembered mum is a ginger tabby *doh* the blue could still turn out to be solid though

Fran
22-04-2007, 03:49 PM
In the piccie above it's the darker one that looks to be the tortie :?

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 03:56 PM
The thing with blues is that they are mostly all born with tabby markings that disappear as the cat ages. They are called 'ghost' markings. Is one of the parents tabby? If now the kitten cannot be a tabby ;)

Edit to add just remembered mum is a ginger tabby *doh* the blue could still turn out to be solid though

So theres a chance they mite be tab, or solid blue:shock: :?

That makes my decision even harder:cry:

Yes, as you have noticed, whisk is a longish haired ginger tab, a solid blue with yellow eyes would be a stunner

Fran
22-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Hang on while I find you some piccies of Clooney as he was as a youngster and as he is now. He's my blue boy

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Hang on while I find you some piccies of Clooney as he was as a youngster and as he is now. He's my blue boy

That would be great, at what age do they change:?

I no you don't get blue's all that often, I dont no how the colour of cats work, how you manage to get a beautiful aray of colours in one litter,
I soooooo wish I could keep them all:cry:

Fran
22-04-2007, 04:16 PM
This is Clooney as a a youngster, see the tabby markings on him?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Clooneyhot.jpg

This is Clooney now (well taken last summer)...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Catsinrun006.jpg

all the 'ghost markings' have gone except for some very faint ones on his tail

Fran
22-04-2007, 04:19 PM
I no you don't get blue's all that often, I dont no how the colour of cats work, how you manage to get a beautiful aray of colours in one litter,
I soooooo wish I could keep them all:cry:

Blue's are less commonly born because both parents have to carry the dilution gene for blue kittens to be produced. In my experience blue torties are even rarer ;) You managed to get such a beautiful aray of colours because mum is red (which in it's self is quite unusual) but that's how you have got tortie's in your litter :D

Fran
22-04-2007, 04:28 PM
These babies all had ghost markings and have all turned out to be solid blue ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Clooneyclones125.jpg

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Blue's are less commonly born because both parents have to carry the dilution gene for blue kittens to be produced. In my experience blue torties are even rarer ;) You managed to get such a beautiful aray of colours because mum is red (which in it's self is quite unusual) but that's how you have got tortie's in your litter :D

Ooooo, so I've been 'Lucky' then, so to speak:shock:

Thanx for that, it will be very interesting to see what colour they turn out to be like

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 04:33 PM
These babies all had ghost markings and have all turned out to be solid blue ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Clooneyclones125.jpg

are those beautiful cats yours?
are they a pedigree?
just out of curiosity I seem to have a 'peach' tabby in the litter, is this because of a dilution to:?

Sweet
22-04-2007, 04:41 PM
Ive missed a post somewhere again lol - the joys of catching up after 3 days away at work lol......

The kittens are gorgeous, I will go and look for any other threads to catch up now :) x

Fran
22-04-2007, 04:46 PM
are those beautiful cats yours?
are they a pedigree?
just out of curiosity I seem to have a 'peach' tabby in the litter, is this because of a dilution to:?

Yes they are mine, Clooney and Maud the parents and the 3 'Clooney Clones' :-D and no they are not pedigree

Yes the the 'peachy' colour will be down to the dilution gene, you are getting the hang of the genetics now ;)

Fran
22-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Out of interest, do you know the colour of dad?

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Out of interest, do you know the colour of dad?

Hes a white tom, well, hes the boy that 'hangs around' and the only boy that does this:?

Whisk is an odd girl, Ive never heard her call, never, when she goes out its only in the garden, she never strays off, most the time she stays in the house:shock:

When I make her go out she just sits by the door, little sod:lol:

Do you breed those beautiful cats, they really do look like a pedigree you no

Fran
22-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Do you breed those beautiful cats, they really do look like a pedigree you no

I only had the one litter, they are both neutered now!

Incidently, some queens can have 'silent' calls. Be careful because they can come straight back into call once the kittens are weaned.

cc22peatree
22-04-2007, 05:25 PM
Incidently, some queens can have 'silent' calls. Be careful because they can come straight back into call once the kittens are weaned.[/QUOTE]

maybe whisk is the type of cat who has silent calls then:?

We will be having her spayed as soon as the kittens are old enough:D

Erin
22-04-2007, 06:57 PM
gorgeous babies :)

Animagus
22-04-2007, 07:01 PM
The kittens look absolutely lovely........

I am a total dope when it comes to telling what kind are what mine are just my lovelies lol and to hang what they are lol

Donna
22-04-2007, 07:41 PM
What a gorgeous photo!

alexgirl73
22-04-2007, 09:01 PM
beautiful babies!

cc22peatree
23-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Argggggg, what do I do, there are now 5 people who want the blue kittens,
its a nightmare, I've told the other 4 people that they are already spoken for but they won't give up, keep offering me money for them:shock:
There only moggys:?
Blimey, you just can't please everyone can you

They can offer me asmuch as they like but I promised my mate one of the blues and I want to keep one so they will just have to find a kitten from somewhere else I'm afraid:-D

Jac
23-04-2007, 12:42 PM
For what it's worth I love the little peach baby. There again peach is one of my fav colours!!:-D There all scrummy.:smt007 :smt007