PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye jeep?

dinahsmum
21-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Well, after ogling them for years it appears my OH is going to splash out and get a saab convertible, like this
[attach-center]493[/attach-center]
Being a soft top, and being new or nearly so, it will obviously need a place in the garage, which leaves no room for the jeep (which also needs to be under cover, but rates second best!).
So, we'll get a different 'No 2 car', which we'll both use for short journeys.
I'm 5'3", he's 6'3" plus. We need a car we both feel comfortable in. I won't drive too huge a beast, he can't fit in a Ka. Will probably get a focus but I'm looking at the Citroen Picasso, as a good workhorse, quite a bit of space and fairly high, which is a feature of the jeep which I've enjoyed.
Anyone any experience or other suggestions/ideas? All welcome

alexgirl73
21-04-2007, 01:10 PM
Well, I've had a Xsarra Picasso for the last 3 years DM and I've found it to be an excellent car, loads of space and easy to drive. My brother had a focus which he thought was great so I would say both cars are very good. Not much help I know, sorry lol!

Also, WOW!!! I wanna saab!!

Animagus
21-04-2007, 07:25 PM
well I am 5' 2" and felt really at home in my Mondeo and it would also suit hubby its nice and roomy but I never felt lost in it.

yola
21-04-2007, 10:14 PM
Ahhhh. Saab. I still miss my convertible, even though I 'handed it back' in 2003 :( One day when the nippers are older . . . . :roll:

As for a substitute for your jeep? Umm - the Rav4 is quite good I've heard and you still retain a jeep feel. Can be got on 2nd hand market; pricier than other cars but also holds it's value well.

tilly
21-04-2007, 11:43 PM
I am quite tall and recently hired a gonda jazz which I thought was great. It has a a seat where you canb adust the height you sit as well as the back position and the distance so it might be OK for both of you.

Sally