PDA

View Full Version : Dinahsmum...

Moli
03-04-2007, 11:43 AM
How is Bentley??? or have you posted and I have mssed it as usual!:roll:

Fran
03-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Moli, I think it was Bently that was going to the vets yesterday but I can't find any updates on him?? I know DM said that she was having visitors so wouldn't be around much for a few days....

dinahsmum
03-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh sorry - fancy not updating you :? my dippiness gets worse! Actually I have a lot on my mind and had the worst night last night. Woke at 12.10 and didn't have any sensible sleep since then. That's my excuse, anyway ;)

Yes it is Bentley and yes it is an allergic reaction to maybe a little fellow traveller, maybe something in the environment - pollen etc; could be anything. So, he's had a long acting steroid injection which should reduce his irritation quickly and last for 3 weeks.

.............. but. Bentley has some small areas of hair loss on his muzzle, front paws and neck. Could be that a ringworm spore has taken advantage of the broken skin from the allergy and taken hold. Eek. Culture taken (just a few hairs plucked from the various sites) and that may take anything up to 14 days to show anything. If nothing shows after 14 days he's clear.

So, watch this space.

The vet said, oh dear, when they get into skin things early it often means they will be plagued with it on and off all their life. Oh good. And now, of course, I wish I had insured him :roll: Pity we can't know what the future holds!

Fran
03-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Oh DM, I hope that it really isn't anything long term. At least if it was ringworm (although I hope it's not as it's so contagious :roll: ) but it would be treatable and that would be the end of it. Fingers crossed it really is something easy to clear up and just a 'one off'

dandysmom
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
I echo Fran's comments. Poor Bentley.....:cry:

Donna
03-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Poor Bentley.. hope the test results are good x

dinahsmum
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
Thanks everyone.
His allergic rash is sooo much better today - almost gone in fact. Just wait for the culture results now - and loots of handwashing, hoovering and bedding changing in the meantime.

Fran
04-04-2007, 10:45 AM
Good to hear DM!! :D The steroid injection must be working then?

dinahsmum
04-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Miracle cures aren't they? I'm just looking for the Porsha news and hoping it is good.

Jac
04-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Oh so glad Bently's a bit better today. Poor thing he must have been misrable.