PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread ~ Tuesday

Mags
27-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Morning everyone!

It's a beautiful sunny day today, and getting warmer. Most of the plants and shrubs are beginning to show life ans the trees are getting a darker tinge of green by the day.

Nothing special planned for today other than the usual chores...

Have a good day!:cool:

yola
27-03-2007, 10:12 AM
Cold but bright in central Reading this morning, but so foggy that you wouldn't believe up here at the office (that's the countryside for ya)!

Yesterday Sebastian had his 1st ever lunch in the garden. Seemed to like it :D But had a bad night with coughing and sneezing. :(

Dominik is still causing havoc in school to the point where his teacher wanted to 'have a word' yesterday. I found myself making excuses about 'off colour and under the weather' but I'm really beginning to wonder if there isn't some more medical-type condition underlying all this. :( Need to have a long, hard think. OH completely useless as he promptly lost his rag with Domi last night - exactly what I told him NOT to do :shock:

Got lots to do today so will be popping on and off for a nose during the day. Have a lovely Tuesday and those able to, enjoy the sunshine and warmth!

CathyW
27-03-2007, 10:19 AM
morning all. bright n sunny here :) ben had a nice sedate walk with charlie this morning, didnt pull at all im pleased to say.
im waiting on a call from the H/A the senior housing manager has taken up our case now. my housing officer has decided to clear off on holiday!!!! shes terrible at her job, (told her manager that as well)hopefully we should have our inspection this week, and we can then set a date for the move :) now all we need is a phone call.
have a good day all ;)

Fran
27-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Morning all, overcast here at the minute but hopefully the sun will come out this afternoon like it did yesterday. I feel tired and drained despite having a good night's sleep last night :? Have done the horses and am just relaxing with a coffee and Catsey. Not much planned for today

Hope everyone has a good day :D

alexgirl73
27-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Yola, if you do think there is an underlying problem with Dominic, GO PRIVATE!!!! I have just spent the last 2 hours completely wasting my time. I had an assessment meeting with Hayleys learning mentor, the school nurse and the child clinical psychologist. Now neither the SN or the CP have ever met Hayley and judging on a one hour 'assessment' she had with another doctor, they don't see anything to warrant further investigation. Because she has done well with the nurture group she's been in they want to see how that develops. Now at home she has been dreadful, because she's managing to hold it in and behave at school. She shows no empathy or understanding of other peoples feelings. Can be disruptive, doesn't like change of routine etc and they can't see anything is wrong!!! I am so b****y angry! Their solution is for me to attend yet another parenting group. I have just spent the last 2 months attending one and very little of it could be applied to Hayley! So if you can Yola, don'y go down the route of school helping you, take him to a psychologist on your own, 'cause it's probably the only way you'll get the proper help!

yola
27-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Alex - thank you so much for that advice. You must be SO frustrated by the inaction show in Hayley's case and it does sound like she needs close attention. Is there anyone at all, more senior you can turn to? I'm SO skeptical of all these do-gooders who just seem to tick their boxes and do sweet f.a. about anything . . .

The interesting thing that you write is about Hayley holding in all the bad behaviour at school at letting rip at home. It's very much like that with Dominik; either a horror at home or a horror at school to the point where I think he's deliberately trying to confuse the situation. Never thought about it the way you describe it - i.e., good behaviour 'quota'!

I am waiting until the start of September when some of the more disruptive little boys leave to go to another school. I suspect his behaviour could be borne out of a frustration about being emotionally manipulated by a slightly older and more conniving little boy (today you're my friend but I can't say for sure whether you will be tomorrow or not, that kind of thing). Being the youngest in his class he isn't emotionally mature enough to deal with these situations.

However, if the behaviour does persist I will be looking at my health insurance to see if it covers psychological/behavioural issues and even if it doesn't I'll be seeking a referral.

alexgirl73
27-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Good luck with it all Yola, believe me you will be more frustrated than at any time in your life trying to get answers from these people! At the moment there isn't a lot I can do. I will go to the parenting group (again), and leave it to see how things go. But tbh, I just feel like I'm banging my head off of a brick wall.

charliebubs
27-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Afternoon all.

Lovely and bright and sunny here. I'm off work today, as not feeling too well though :( . I've got awful tummy pains. :(

Am sat here in my dressing gown with Catsey to make me feel better!!! :) and the kittens are helping too, of course!!! lol

Sorry to hear about your problems Yola and Alex. Hope they can be resolved :)

Have a good day all.
;)

Sweet
27-03-2007, 02:09 PM
I think its catching..........

Afternoon all,

I still feel very unwell, headaches, tummy pains, feeling sick all since Sunday afternoon, typical on my days off :roll:

After a mix up with my Daughters Dentist yesterday, we returned today and she had her tooth out, shes back at school.

Taking them to a netball tournament at 3pm where I will be sat in the car feeling sorry for myself lol.

Its been a lovely day here, albeit a cold chill in the air. x

Erin
27-03-2007, 03:29 PM
afternoon all,
lovely day here.feeling a little bit hung over today,had a late drink at the pub....one of the many benefits of my mom having a pub...:lol:,didnt get to bed till bout 3.30!
got some friends coming round tonight for a few drinks so should be a laugh.
enjoy the rest of your day.
erin
x

Jac
27-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Evening all
Did alot of nothing today!! hehe just what the doc orderd:lol: . Actually I'm begining to enjoy it:roll: . (not)

Sorry you didnt get much Help Alex, I'm no expert but we'll have a wee chat when you come up the road.

Feeling better and have got out the emotinal rut I was in. Seem's like alot has been going on and I have a lot to catch up on:lol: . Chat later ladies:)

dandysmom
27-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Hi, all; unseasonably lovely weather today ...80F !...to market and just messing around in the garden. Put out another suet cake, they go thru them so fast, and more fur for birds nests. The mockingbird is doing his Spring territorial song almost all day...lovely to hear! Fran: glad you got a good sleep, but is the cold letting up any? Alex, Yola: sorry to hear about difficulties with the children; must be terribly frustrating trying to deal with unresponsive bureaucracies...:roll: Hope everyone has a nice evening!