PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / St Patricks Day

Fran
17-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Morning all, dry day here but the sun isn't out. colder day than of late. Haven't much planned for today, I'm just enjoying a coffee in bed with all my kittes. I currently have Ria, Porsha, Maud and Claude layed here with the others charging around after each other. Oh and Bliss has come into call this morning :roll: which more than likely explains her very grumpy mood of late!
Must get up in a minute and get some washing in....

Happy Saint Patricks Day!!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h242/chapelrose/catpat.gif

alexgirl73
17-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Morning! Overcast here at the moment, but we have been promised sunshine for later on! We'll see!! Nothing much planned for today. Kids have saturday club in the morning and then they've got a dad & kids activity at the local leisure centre this afternoon. So I'll get some peace and quiet, hurrah! Hope everyone has a good day!

Erin
17-03-2007, 09:48 AM
morning fran morning all,
its freezing here today,im trying to drag myself out of bed to take my little sisters swimming but its to cold!!!!!!!
little jerry is walking all over me cause he wants his breakfast so im going to have to move soon.
ogoing to the pub this afternoon for a couple with some mates.
i gotta go,my poor boy is starving
have a great day

smudgley
17-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Morning all. John has gone fishing, he was off yesterday & did the shopping & all the housework, so no boring jobs for me today & we did all the washing last night too. :cool:
I got up early & have cleaned the cats out already & sorted out some food to take to the stables later to a lady with lots of ferals. I need to bath Cara as she is stinky & dirty & I want to get her all freshened up after the birth.
Scruffy & Tasha are going at 10am.
I am going to try & visit the possible pregnant cat later. I have to pop round my sisters to attend to Barneys nails :roll:
Then I must sort out the junk in the junk room (well the room which will eventually be the dining room)
Kids want to go to the circus later, so I'll see how I feel, we may go to the circus.:-D

yola
17-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Well today I'm here on my own as OHs taken the boys down to Hayling Island to see his Mum. Tonight I have a belated birthday/Mother's Day dinner at a very nice restaurant which I'm looking forward too :D

I plan to get some more hallway/stairway decorating done whilst the house is child-free . . . and hopefully no more mishaps . . . . yesterday I both cut my finger really badly at the bottle bank but stupidly sticking my hand into a box thst turned out to have broken glass in it (thank heaven car upholstery is black :shock: ) and ate some biscuits with sesame in which resulted in a nasty bout of allergic reaction, including mouth swelling up, sickness, loss of voice (totally) for several hours and having to have an unscheduled sleep :shock:

Have a nice Saturday :D

Mags
17-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Morning all!

Overcast here today but there is a glimmer of the sun trying hard to break through...

Usual jobs about the house today, nothing special planned........

Smudgley ~ Cuddles to Scruffy and Tasha before they go to their new homes..http://www.layoutcodez.net/myspace-images/goodday/prod_787_23074.gif

Edited to send congratulations to Charlie!!:D

Jac
17-03-2007, 11:38 AM
Morning all
Wont be on much today as were going to Pitlochry for the day. We were going to go away for the weekend but couldnt manage it (another story)
Just waiting to get in the shower.
Weather doesnt quite know what it's going to do yet. Never mind.
Hope you all have a good one and
Charlie Congratulations!!!!!

dinahsmum
17-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Morning. sorry, afternoon all. Lots of busy people today - hope all your endeavours have worked out well.
It's a nice sunny day again today. Was speaking (real speaking - phone not email!) to our friend in Maine yesterday afternoon and he was expecting a foot of snow :? . Don't think we're due anything like that, not here in the south anyway.
Have been shopping (food shopping at the farm shop) and visited the CPL spring fayre this morning. What a tremendous amount of assorted rubbish there! :shock: - but don't knock it; I read their winter newsletter and they banked over £900 following the autumn fayre, so somebody buys it :) I had a £s worth on the tombola (didn't win anything - phew!:) ) and put a fiver in the collection pot. Left the treasure for others.
Have just finished making a pair of curtains and am waiting for the filler to set in the screw holes before I put them up on the newly erected track.
Did I mention I got another Lidl special this week? I got my old sewing machine out of the cupboard (it is old, I got it when I was 20 and I'm a bit more than that now!) plugged it in, threaded it up ..... nothing. The power was getting through but the drive belt wasn't turning the wheel. Fiddled with it a bit but no :? So - Lidl have a horse and sewing special this week (Have you seen the horse things Fran - they look like bargains to me). Have a new sewing machine, does all the things - £39.99. Can't be bad.
Enough prattle. Haven't been here for ages - must go and catch up with the news!

Kazz
17-03-2007, 07:18 PM
Well I was up about 6.30am went to the wholesale market in B'ham city centre to get some flowers came back took the girls up the road to get the paper, then put together a bouquet for Mom for tomorrow - mothers day really really pretty red roses, blooms, crysthumums, wax flower, steel grass and catkins. :)
Ready for her tomorrow I brought the flowers and arranged them myself much cheeper and better flowers. :) Mothers day is a rip off price and quality wise. I'll take a picture if I remember.

Then had boiled eggs and toast went shopping, then came back and took the girls a lovely walk over the fields out from about 1ish came home about 5 - the girls totally shattered and where I used to have black dogs I now have mud and dust coloured. :) And my jeans are matching

Had dinner really nice. Fish and chips - scrummy and Cleo adored her mini piece of cod.The girls ate the batter.

Now on here, glad everyone has had a lovely day. A smashing day here really enjoyed it.

Karen

dandysmom
17-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! Rain turned to sleet/snow mix last night, but not enough to make walking bad this morning; now we have howling March winds and below freezing temps...wish Spring would hurry. Poor Onyx never came in the cold driving rain yesterday, but was waiting for me at lunch and inhaled her food, bless her! To the library to change books, and am going to start my seeds this afternoon. Yola: sorry about the finger and the sesame seed attack! Kazz: you're right, doing your own flowers is nicer and they are fresher! Smudgley: did you make the circus? And get Cara bathed? Hope everyone has a pleasant evening.....

Kazz
17-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Have a nice evening too Eileen. Everyone is fed and warm and asleep pretty much - Karen

dandysmom
17-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks; just late afternoon here. Don't forget to take a pic of the Mothers Day flower arrangement; would love to see it. Pats to Cleo!