PDA

View Full Version : Strange...

Tanya
14-03-2007, 02:46 PM
I help out in a local school every Wednesday afternoon. Today, like usual I arrived about 10 mins early. When I arrive, the kids are always playing outside.When I got there today, no kids were outside. (so I assumed I had my days mixed up and being dopey me, I rang my boyfriend to check that it was Wednesday!!)

He confirmed that i wasn't going mad and that it WAS Wednesday, so i continued walking to reception, where i usually press the buzzer on the door to be let in. But today the door was propped open ( i though maybe because it was so nice and sunny)

Anyway, I was going to report to reception, but there was nobody there. So I looked in the staff room, but still no sign of someone. I decided to walk downstairs to the classroom that I help out in. On the way it was silent. When I got to the classroom there was no children and the teacher was not around. I looked out onto the playground, but still couldnt see anybody.
Strange thing is that the staff cars were parked in the carpark outside.

Because I couldnt see anybody I walked back to the car and drove home. When I got home I tried to ring the school, but it rang through to answer phone.

Its quite scarry, Im not sure where the whole school have gone. I'm just assuming that they were having a whole school assembly because I didnt look in the hall. The weird thing is that reception staff never go to the assemblies and why would the school leave the doors propped open? :roll: :?

Erin
14-03-2007, 02:48 PM
ohhhh very strange,you will be getting a phone call in a min to see where you are

Mags
14-03-2007, 02:58 PM
ohhhh very strange,you will be getting a phone call in a min to see where you are
How strange:?...... could it have been a fire drill and everyone had assembled elsewhere?

It's very strange that the door to get into the school was unlocked too ....... I assumed that all school exterior doors were locked these days and someone had to let you in:?

Please let us know when you get the answer to this mystery:D

Tanya
14-03-2007, 03:06 PM
The front door has got a camera located above it. When you arrive at the school you have to press the buzzer and the recpetion staff can look at the camera and then they let you in.

alexgirl73
14-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Very peculiar! The theme tune to the X files is going through my head now!!

charliebubs
14-03-2007, 03:28 PM
how odd.......................do let us know!! :)

Tanya
14-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Still quite worried!

The school still has no answer when I try to call them .

Sweet
14-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Very strange, here we cannot get into the school unless we are let in x

Fran
14-03-2007, 07:35 PM
Could it have been an Inset (teacher training) day Tanya? Hope you get to the bottom the mystery soon :?