PDA

View Full Version : had a bad few days..

smudgley
08-03-2007, 10:21 PM
I've had a bad few days. We had a bitch give birth & reject the litter! So have spent 3 days sorting her out! With one complication after another. Been late home a couple of nights.:(
our sat nav had a wobbly fit at work today & refused to work!:(
Then today my car went in the garage to be looked at as it's leaking water & they called me to say they've got to strip the engine to find the leak & they need it overnight & tomorrow as well. No courtesy car for me tomorrow, so I've got to use hubbys car for work. :(

Anyway - all sorted now. car should be home tomorrow. the pups are all ok & I'm back on catsey. :)

alexgirl73
08-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Good grief Smudgley! You have been up to your neck in it haven't you! Any ideas why the mum rejected the pups, was it her first litter? Hope your car gets sorted out quickly, it's no fun when they go on the blink.

Moli
08-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear you had a bad time Smudgley, hope it all gets better for you from now on.... Hugs.xx

smudgley
08-03-2007, 10:26 PM
No idea why Alex. It was her 1st (& last):shock: litter & is very unusual for our bitches to behave like that. In fact unheard of really. 15 years with Guide dogs & I've only seen it a few times. really can't think why she did it, but she's at home now with her family getting back to normal.

Fran
08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
What a shame about the bitch rejecting her puppies, any ideas why? Is she unwell?
Pain about the car!! Why does everything seem to happen all at once :( Hope things start to improve now Smudgley

smudgley
Thankyou Moli. x

I am just very grateful that I work with the best team in the world & wouldn't change any one of them! :cool:

alexgirl73
Poor thing! Hopefully she recovers well!

smudgley
08-03-2007, 10:29 PM
:) Thanks Fran. No idea, she's fit & well. No pain, not stressed. No idea at all why.... she just wasn't having any of them near her....poor little poppets. but they are all happy now with their "new mommies"

Mags
08-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Oh dear, you have had a bad time Smudgley :( Pleased to hear the pups are all well though, what a shame mum reacted like that:?

I hope everything gets back to normal for you soon......

yola
08-03-2007, 11:35 PM
It never rains, it pours!!!

Glad to hear both puppies and car are now back on track though :D

smudgley
08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Well pups are, lets see what tomorrow brings with the car, :shock: but they've assured me the parts are there & I can have it back tomorrow.:roll:
I had a Vauxhall agila to use today :shock: very different to what I'm used to... but kind of cute in a funny sort of way.