PDA

View Full Version : Vanish carpet cleaner

dinahsmum
05-03-2007, 03:15 PM
- the spot cleaner in the trigger pack.

OK - here's an unsolicited testimonial.
Picture the scene, Saturday evening in the 'Smum household. Mr and Mrs 'Smum relaxing, the fire burning, full of cauliflower cheese (oh yes, we know how to live!) and enjoying a glass or three of red wine. Having missed the start of whatever film was due to be on we are 'watching' the results of the Comic Relief celebrity singing thing (awful!). Mr 'Smum is so unimpressed he drifts off to sleep.

:shock: Then he wakes, reaches out for his drink, it's not where he thought it was ...... so he moved from stretched out on the sofa to upright to look for it ............ neatly tipping the best part of a large glass of Shiraz all over the carpet :shock: - which isn't carpet but sisal and therefore not easy to clean.
So, remembering my best household tips I pour salt all over the large stained area.............. and we go off to bed.
Next morning, vaccuum the salt - there is a large, dry, purple stain :shock:
Got the Vanish, gave it a good soaking and left it. It hadn't dried by bedtime yesterday. In the meantime I have convinced him that Project Saab Convertible will have to be delayed by a few months whilst we get a wooden floor installed, rather than new carpet.
This morning, the wet patch has dried ....... and there is no trace of a stain. Not bad eh?

But I don't get my nice wooden floor! :?

Fran
05-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Red wine is such an awful thing to get out of things isn't it? I'm glad the vanish worked but shame you aren't now going to get your new wooden floor :roll:

alexgirl73
05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Aw, what a shame DM! Can you not just pour bleach over it and say that's what happened when the vanish dried, lol!

dinahsmum
05-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Aw, what a shame DM! Can you not just pour bleach over it and say that's what happened when the vanish dried, lol!
Bad girl!!! :-D

Sweet
05-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Phew, it came out, not good you wont get your new flooring x

Mags
05-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Shame there won't be a new wooden floor DM ............ but I think you could make a fortune advertising Vanish Carpet Cleaner!!! :-D

EmmaG
05-03-2007, 06:40 PM
lol @ Alex!!!

That Vanish Carpet Cleaner is good I usually get the aerosol one