PDA

View Full Version : cheeky e-bayer...

smudgley
13-02-2007, 12:06 AM
I saw a cat bed & combs & bowls advertised as one lot on e-bay whilst searching for a decent comb for Bluebell :roll: anyway it was listed as starting bid at £1.50 or buy now for £5.50. I asked the seller if I won the item could I collect it as it is very near me & she replied to say yes & that it was a bargain for a fiver..... so I bid the £1.50 then she replied with this....cheeky mare!!

hi there, thank you bidding, but just be aware.that will not sell if it only goses for silly money,not being rude.just think it is worth every penny of at £5.00. not ment to be rude.thank you for bidding. regards charmaine

Fran
13-02-2007, 12:08 AM
:shock: I'd tell her where to stuff it! Surely that's a violation of ebay's rules?

Mags
13-02-2007, 12:09 AM
I'm lost for words!!! :shock:

Why have a starting bid of £1.50 in the first place then! :roll:

smudgley
13-02-2007, 12:13 AM
My thoughts exactly, I might e-mail e-bay to check if she could do that. She's right...It is worth every penny of a fiver, but who's going to bid a fiver when the starting bid is £1.50......silly woman! right I'm off to look at e-bay rules. :roll:

tilly
13-02-2007, 12:33 AM
As someone who sells alot on ebay you have to sell anything that you put on unless it has been lost or broken. So in short if you win for £1.50 she has to sell it to you for £1.50. So I would email her and say that she doesn't have a choice it is the rules. Or report her to ebay as a non seller.

I hope that help and is not too confusing
Best of luck

Sally

smudgley
13-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Thanks Sally that is very helpful. :)
I've never sold anything on e-bay, but often buy a few little things from there.

Fran
13-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Has the bidding finished Smudgley?

Soupie
13-02-2007, 08:24 AM
If she has no reserve on it and you have bid and it's the winning bid then she has to sell it to you barring damage or loss I thought?

Silly mare - I expect if it had simply been a buy it now only item you would stilla bought it! Some people don't think when they list :roll:

Sweet
13-02-2007, 08:55 AM
Look at her feedback, has she done this sort of thing before?

What is the item number? x

smudgley
13-02-2007, 10:02 AM
Has the bidding finished Smudgley?

No, there's 6 days left on it.
I'll wait & see what happens. I'd like the item, so may even bid higher, but on principle don't really want to. :?
Her feedback has been generally good with just 1 negative out of 65.

alexgirl73
13-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Never bought on e-bay, wouldn't have a clue how too, but that just sounds wrong to me!!

smudgley
13-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Never bought on e-bay, wouldn't have a clue how too, but that just sounds wrong to me!!

It's quite addictive once you get into it. :shock: I've never bought anything big from there, only a few bits, usually for the cats. :roll:

CJK
13-02-2007, 11:05 AM
hope you get your item, but I wouldnt bank on ebay doing anything, theyre RUBBISH at enforcing thier rules.
For example I saw a seller the other day with a rating over a thousand BUT when I looked into her profile saw she had over 65 negatives, all sying the items were damaged, dirty, never arrived etc. Why ebay let people like that sell i dont know.

And you might remember last year I won a sheepskin rug for £35, BUY IT NOW after i brought it now the seller emails me to say she wont sell the rug under £350 that she missed the zero off the end. I politely remineded her that there are several chances for her to check her listing.

anyway, to cut an already long post shorter ebay replied to me saying " we can't force our sellers to send you thier items"

so I hope you have better luck.
I dont use ebay anymore, it has become full of people trying to rip you off, like charging 5.99 postage on a shirt and daft things like that.

I lost £60 once too, paid for an electric swing when i was last pregnant, never got it, ebay did nothing, police werent interested. Lost all faith in ebay recently to be honest.

BUt I do hope you get you're item, that's jsut not on to email like that, as you say why start bidding so low

smudgley
13-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear you lost your money CJ. :(
I think the most I've spend in one item is £8. Oh yeah except there was the catnip mice lady, who gives her profits to CP so I did send her £15 for a surprise selection of mice, but all the other things I buy are usually only a few quid.

charliebubs
13-02-2007, 11:38 AM
I LOVE eBay and (touch wood) have never had any problems with any of the sellers or buyers on there. I do sell stuff on there too.

I agree with the others, that if the auction ends and you have won at £1.50 - she has to sell at that price.

Do you use Paypal to purchase Smudgley? If you do, then at least you have some protection with them. I know that they have a good process for dealing with disputes even if eBay don't!!

Good luck!!!

:)

Fran
13-02-2007, 11:47 AM
I've bought some quite expensive things on ebay, I paid over £800 for one item :shock: but touch wood I have never really had any problems. I will only buy from sellers with 100% feedback or at least almost £100% and if they have had a negative, I always read the comment and make my decision whether to buy from them or not. I think I probably have just been lucky so far...but I do know of people that have had problems and I am increasingly more aware when buying now.

charliebubs
13-02-2007, 11:49 AM
I've bought some quite expensive things on ebay, I paid over £800 for one item :shock: but touch wood I have never really had any problems. I will only buy from sellers with 100% feedback or at least almost £100% and if they have had a negative, I always read the comment and make my decision whether to buy from them or not. I think I probably have just been lucky so far...but I do know of people that have had problems and I am increasingly more aware when buying now.

£800!!! Good grief Fran!!!!!!

My biggest eBay transaction was when I bought my old car on there for £1200.00!!!!! Then I drove it until it died and sold it on eBay for spares and/or repairs for £350.00!!!

:lol:

CathyW
13-02-2007, 01:29 PM
we are selling on ebay, and we are having trouble with pay pal.so this buyer has tried to pay by pay pal, so we refused the money, and sent him a POLITE email explaining it, well its obious he didnt read his email, cause we got a snotty email saying ive paid now i want my goods!!! (read your emails pal!!)
cant stand rude ppl. if he gets worse ill just take the jacket down the charity shop n give it to them. to be honest wont be using ebay again, the fees are crippling.

smudgley
13-02-2007, 01:43 PM
I LOVE eBay and (touch wood) have never had any problems with any of the sellers or buyers on there. I do sell stuff on there too.

I agree with the others, that if the auction ends and you have won at £1.50 - she has to sell at that price.

Do you use Paypal to purchase Smudgley? If you do, then at least you have some protection with them. I know that they have a good process for dealing with disputes even if eBay don't!!

Good luck!!!

:)

No I don't use paypal. Don't have a paypal account. I only send cheques, as it only ever for a few quid, I take the chance of loosing it. This would be cash on collection though. :)

tilly
13-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I have tried to run a business on ebay and I have also been done a few time so noe only use people with 100% feedback.

CJK
13-02-2007, 04:51 PM
did you know paypal are run by ebay?

On an ebay note any fake emails you get from ebay can be sent to spoof@ebay.co.uk (those fake ones that circulate) and paypal are spoof@paypal.co.uk

yola
13-02-2007, 05:35 PM
did you know paypal are run by ebay?

Really :shock: :shock: :shock: That explains a lot - I find them both unfathomable in the extreme :roll:

EmmaG
13-02-2007, 07:15 PM
I have bought and sold loads of things on ebay. I think it is great, but I only try and buy from people with good feedback. Never had a problem.... yet :)

I have got 324 positive feedbacks on my own account which shows how much I have bought/sold.

CJK
13-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Really :shock: :shock: :shock: That explains a lot - I find them both unfathomable in the extreme :roll:

me too. never get a straight answer from either them.

dandysmom
13-02-2007, 10:39 PM
I didn't know that either, Carly! I buy occasionally on eBay, but have never sold anything ..........

CJK
14-02-2007, 11:41 AM
try sending either of them an email and you'll get some rubbish back that answers none of your questions. I have so far sent 7 emails to paypal about my account, am still being sent the 2how to register for an account" emails, had the account 3 years lol