PDA

View Full Version : Guess who gets her contacts on Thursday!

Moli
12-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Went this morning, and the Optician put them in for me, didn't feel a thing, I have one eye for reading and one for distance, took myself around the shops and it was brilliant, I didn't even know they were in! So On Thursday i am going to be shown how to put them in and how to take them out and have gone for the dailys at the moment...So from Thursday, no more glasses!!!

dinahsmum
12-02-2007, 05:59 PM
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
You won't know yourself Moli!

Moli
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
You won't know yourself Moli!I am sure I could see better with them, than with my glasses.....I kept looking in shop windows to see if I could see them!:lol: Of course now I have decided to get some, Hubby is also going to try them!:roll:

dinahsmum
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Now you'll be cross with the build up period. Are you 2hours on day 1, 4 on day 2, 6 on day 3 etc etc? You'll be cross when you have to go back to specs for the rest of the day! But you'll soon build up your hours

Moli
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I haven't been told anything about that DM, didn't realise I had to do it in stages, they are probably keeping that bit of info till Thursday!

yola
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Moli - you won't (pardon the pun) look back!!! The 1st time the optician put contact lenses in for me it felt like the world had been washed and for the 1st time in years I could see clearly!

I went from annual, to monthly, to daily lenses and I just can't ever imagine wearing glasses again :shock:

Moli
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
Moli - you won't (pardon the pun) look back!!! The 1st time the optician put contact lenses in for me it felt like the world had been washed and for the 1st time in years I could see clearly!

I went from annual, to monthly, to daily lenses and I just can't ever imagine wearing glasses again :shock:Thats exactly what it felt like Yola....:D

Fran
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Great news Moli, can't wait to hear how you get on with them :D

alexgirl73
12-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Oh the freedom, lol!!!

dandysmom
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Good for you, Moli! I never had enough nerve to try contacts...cannot imagine having something in my eye...worn glasses since age 6! I do have IOLs after cataract surgery in both eyes; adjusted for good near vision as I'm an avid reader and don't drive or do sports; use glasses only for distance vision outdoors. You sound so pleased with your contacts; I'm really happy for you!