PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread / Friday

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:39 AM
Morning all, I haven't slept too well worrying about Porsha. She is laying here with me now on the bed but I have to have a towel under her as diarrheoa is just running out of her :( She has managed a few good drinks of water in the night so she doesn't seem as dehydrated as she was but she is not eating. I have managed to get a small sample but she isn't really using the litter tray very often she just has this constant trickle. So I am not sure if there will be enough in the sample but I am going to start her on the medication anyway this morning. Luckily our vets are open all weekend and do their own out of hours service during the night so at least I know that despite it coming up to the weekend I can get one of our vets if necessary.

There is snow on the ground this morning but it has stopped snowing at the moment.

Hope everyone has a good day :)

CathyW
09-02-2007, 09:16 AM
fran i hope the medication helps her, and she back on form.
horrible when they are ill.
weather here cold n snowy still, bring on the rain i say.

Sweet
09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
Morning all, It was snowing again here but now its just stopped.

I hope it goes well at the vet and Porsha will soon be a well little girly again soon - poor love.

Work as normal here, have a good day x

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Fran - have replied in the health thread. (((hugs)))
Wet and nasty here. Farmers' Market early, then off to the cat shelter, at last, with Min's stuff for them.
Speak later. take care Fran

yola
09-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Dull and cold here. Looks like it might rain soon. Still some dirty snow lying around in patches but almost all gone now.

Just 'bits' today really. Dominik is at home, Sebastian afforded me/us only 4 hours sleep last night so I'm a bit of a zombie at the moment and I have a little bit of work stuff to do but most of the things round the house are finished.

Fran - I hope Porsha picks up a bit during the day. At least she's drinking which means that there is one less thing (dehydration) to worry about. Keeping fingers crossed for her here.

Mags
09-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Awoke to a light flurry of snow this morning, looks like we have caught the outskirts of it again....

Fran ~ I hope the medication will help Porsha today, I'm glad she is drinking too,
as that is very important.
Try to get some rest yourself throughout the day, I'm thinking of you ((((hugs)))) xx

borderdawn
09-02-2007, 10:50 AM
Well Im off work again and have had a lovely walk on the common. I was thinking of little Porsha and am sorry to hear she isnt any better.
Dawn.

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Morning. Still snow here, but starting to melt (and as I typed thatOH said it's snowing again, what do I know, lol). Fran, will be thinking of Porsha all day! Not much planned for today, Raechel has a riding lesson later, but other wise not venturing out. Have a good day folks.

Kazz
09-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Well not gone to work - coughing and sluttering and sneezing all over the place, hopefully back tomorrow.

Hope Porsha is feeling a little better by now Fran.

The snow is sill here but melting in places still cold though.
Karen

Fran
09-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Thank you for all your good wishes, it means a lot. I have posted an update on Porsha in the other thread about her.

Kazz - I hope you feel better soon, I know when I had the 'bug' the other week I felt diabolical so keep warm and rest up x

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 01:27 PM
It's a really nasty day here but I've done all my errands and can now have a warm dry afternoon doing not a lot.
Went to te mgft cat shelter at Church Knowle - just near Corfe Castle, it's in a beautiful little village. They were pleased to get everything; wet food, dry food, two microwave heat pads and three 14 day strips of Fortekor (blood pressure medication). So, I have space in the cupboard and they have stuff which will be useful for them. It looks a very nice place but I didn't look round although she invited me to. It was raining cold stair rods and I wouldn't have wanted to see a puss I thought should come home with me.
Kazz - get well soon
Fran - still with ya girl! Just think how exhausted we can get with bad d-ria ... it's good that Porsha is being kept properly hydrated/electrolyte balance.

yola
09-02-2007, 02:16 PM
DM - Church Knowle . . . lovely village indeed. They have a really good pub (name escapes me :oops: ) there which serves a superb menu and has a garden with views to die for. I stop by every time I'm in that neck of the woods :D

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
DM - Church Knowle . . . lovely village indeed. They have a really good pub (name escapes me :oops: ) there which serves a superb menu and has a garden with views to die for. I stop by every time I'm in that neck of the woods :D
The pub looked great (yes, I noticed it, even in the rain :oops: ) - The New Inn maybe?

Forgot to say earlier that they had mutton at the market, so it'll be an authentic kleftiko for us on Sunday. Mmm

Donna
09-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Damp here today and cold - but all the snow has gone thank god!! Blink and you miss it lol!!!

Nearly home time from work, then a lazy evening in with a nice dinner with the kids.

Hope Porsha is improving today Fran.

CathyW
09-02-2007, 03:46 PM
looks like the snows going here thank goodness

Kazz
09-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Snow was going here but coming down thick and fast now and sticking

Sweet
09-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Where I work we had thick snow today, drove home to rain here :? x

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Snow, glorious snow, lol!!! Oh it's sooooo beautiful here. It was forecast for rain, but about 5 hours ago it statred coming down really thick and wow, it's unreal! The roads are in an awful mess though 'cause no-one was expecting it. Still, the kids and I are having a blast!!!!!!!!!