PDA

View Full Version : Rome - Has anyone been?

Sweet
04-02-2007, 10:19 PM
Has anyone been to Rome?

I love Italy, was thinking of Rome for our Honeymoon.

Pictures or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Or your horror stories if there are any x

Fran
04-02-2007, 10:22 PM
I have never been Sweet. My mum has and loved it but she is very religious so most of her holiday was spent visiting 'holy' places

alexgirl73
04-02-2007, 10:24 PM
My mum and dad went there this summer (and as they aren't catholic didn't visit all of the holy places, lol), and they loved it!! Said the Tivoli fountain was one of the most beautiful things they have seen. They did a cruise and docked at a few other Italian ports and would like to go back again.

Donna
04-02-2007, 10:27 PM
I spent a day in Rome years ago and enjoyed the day. Saw the usual sights, but thats all I can tell you!

Sweet
04-02-2007, 10:30 PM
I have heard thats its very beautiful and a lovely place to do sight seeing, I think I had better get some brochures to look at.

I followed a link earlier to someones holiday snaps - they had lots of pics and it did look very beautiful and they looked like they were having a good time, in jumpers in Dec/Jan so the weather looked good too.

It says on a weather link that October could be quite nice too x

yola
04-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Sweet - I have been twice, both a little while ago. It is the most wonderful, amazing city. There is architecture like you've never seen, food to die for and galleries/churches/museums to keep you busy for months. And I won't even mention the clothes shops :shock:

But above all, it is the most romantic city I've ever visited and I would say is perfect for a honeymoon :D .

Kim
05-02-2007, 12:09 AM
We went to Italy for our honeymoon Sweet, and visited Rome for a few days. It is an amazing city, plenty to see, amazing building, great food, very romantic. I would definitely recommend it, however our honeymoon was nearly 25 years ago! :shock: ;)

Sweet
05-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Just managed to get back online.....silly net tonight is playing me up !

Thank you for the recommendations, I am going to get the brochures tomorrow, I think Rome it is x