PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread - Sunday

dinahsmum
21-01-2007, 09:16 AM
Dark damp and dismal today - and forecast to get colder. This is the day I hate most in the whole year, so hopefully the weather and my mood will pick up from tomorrow. Can't have a much worse week than this, though, on the bright side, I was pleased with my mum and dad when I saw them on Friday.
I'm on my own today, prepared this evenings meal yesterday (because we had a curry last night, yum!), so I may be here quite a bit today! Still looking for bargain breaks to the sun but nothing doing yet - think I am being too fussy, looking for Rolls Royce for Skoda price!
Have a good Sunday. I'll be back later

Fran
21-01-2007, 09:41 AM
Morning DM, morning all, the rain through the night has now ceased and the sun is trying to shine through. Got the horses to do shortly and then lots of clearing up and cleaning to do after the electrician who was here yesterday whilst we were at the show (didn't much feel like doing it when we got back last night - it had been a very long day already!)

DM - glad to hear that your parents are doing well now

Hope you all have a relaxing Sunday :D

Moli
21-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Morning Ladies, We have another damp dull day, got some shopping to do, and visit the Aquarist society to get the babies some food, they are growing fast and begining to look like fish now, instead of swimming eyes!!
have a good day very body...

Mags
21-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Morning all, another lovely sunny day here with a crispness in the air.....

Didn't sleep well again last night, dropped off about 5.00am:( Slowly coming round with a cup of coffee now.....

Nothing special planned for today, just pottering round....

Enjoy your day everyone:cool:

Donna
21-01-2007, 12:25 PM
You all have damp weather??? I have lovely brilliant blue sky and sunshine here - but bit cold!!

Jac
21-01-2007, 12:26 PM
Morning all (just)

Got a long lye this morning. Still in dressing gown:shock: .

Mum and the grinch are away to a bowling club meeting, so I can relaxe for a while:lol: .

Meeting Derek from work at three. May go to the flix with Ceilidh then go for a meal.

Nothing much else planned exept the ironing:-D

yola
21-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Started off raining but is now brilliant sunshine here.

A very bad night with Sebastian awake for what seemed most of the night. He them screamed all morning. I had a bit of an anger/desperation weepie fit - I don't think hubby's seen me do that before; so he's now taken baby out in the pram into town and I'm off to get a shower shortly.

Got my days muddled up for Dominik's party invitation - it's today not yesterday!! Thankfully checked the invite just before we were about to leave :oops: so I still have that mayhem to look forward to today ;)

dinahsmum
21-01-2007, 12:41 PM
The day has improved hugely and Dinah and I have just returned from the woods!
Yola - oh dear. Isn't it awful when babies just cry and cry and cry? Hope he'll be better after his walk!
Off to see who's been chatting and what's to reply .....

smudgley
21-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi all,
I've had a busy morning so far. :roll:
Lady has reserved the torti kitten, but the other lady never turned up to see Solo. :mad:
I'm off for a walk now with the dog & the girls, going to the farm shop to buy fruit & veg, then we're off to the park.

Kazz
21-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I thought the lady was over excited about Solo - I wonder though if something has happened?

Kim
21-01-2007, 03:38 PM
DM, glad to hear your parents are doing well.

Yola - Oh dear poor you, I can well remember those desperate times when you are just so tired and the baby wont stop crying. Hope you feel a little better now.

I've had a lazy morning (something of a rarity!) need to tidy the house and walks the dogs. My daughter is at work at her job in the restaurant. Shall take the dogs for a walk soon, then have dinner and off to church!

Have a good day everyone.

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 08:41 PM
It;s SNOWING !! And what's worse, it's supposed to turn to ice later in the evening! Did tomorrow's marketing in case I get ice-bound if the buses don't run! This is the first of the season, and very unwelcome as far as I'm concerned...fed Onyx at lunch but doubt if she'll come for tea....poor wee thing! My friend Carolyn is in town for a funeral and coming over this afternoon: will be good to see her; have to kid her about bringing the ice and snow with her from Oklahoma! Have a good evening, all. and think "no ice" please!!!

Kazz
21-01-2007, 09:15 PM
I will think no ice - for the rest of the evening,

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Kazz! It's starting to stick on the roads now, will go out and take a pic! Poor Onyx didn't come, but I left her food in case she does decide to come out in the snow...

Mags
21-01-2007, 09:19 PM
It;s SNOWING !! And what's worse, it's supposed to turn to ice later in the evening! Did tomorrow's marketing in case I get ice-bound if the buses don't run! This is the first of the season, and very unwelcome as far as I'm concerned...fed Onyx at lunch but doubt if she'll come for tea....poor wee thing! My friend Carolyn is in town for a funeral and coming over this afternoon: will be good to see her; have to kid her about bringing the ice and snow with her from Oklahoma! Have a good evening, all. and think "no ice" please!!!
I hope the snowfall isn't too heavy Eileen :( I hate going out in the snow myself, especially when it turns icy. Poor Onyx, I hope she finds somewhere warm to shelter.

Hope you have a nice time catching up with Carolyn ..... :D

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I hope the snowfall isn't too heavy Eileen :( I hate going out in the snow myself, especially when it turns icy. Poor Onyx, I hope she finds somewhere warm to shelter.

Hope you have a nice time catching up with Carolyn ..... :D Thanks! We had a lovely visit; was so good to see her again...we're in touch regularly by phone and e-mail, but it's nice to get a real hug ! Onyx is holed up somewhere, didn't come for tea in all the snow, not that I blame her......

yola
21-01-2007, 11:16 PM
I hope Onyx is OK, Eileen, will be thinking of you both . . . and the snow, well I think we're due some during the next week so we'll all be complaining about it with gusto alongside you :D

Sweet
21-01-2007, 11:17 PM
We have been to another Wedding Fayre today, its was cold and its raining now. x

dandysmom
21-01-2007, 11:29 PM
I hope Onyx is OK, Eileen, will be thinking of you both . . . and the snow, well I think we're due some during the next week so we'll all be complaining about it with gusto alongside you :D I'm good about complaining about snow....have had lots of practice over the years.....:-D