PDA

View Full Version : Ben,Black Lab

Jac
20-01-2007, 03:42 PM
Ben was my friends boy. He was thought to be about 2 when she got him from a rescue. He was petrified of everyone and everything. When found, he had a dud firework tied to his tail. The hair never did grow back in. He had to be sidated each firework night, infact from a few days before hand and after. He ate his way through two doors and one couch. He was the reason my friend went mobile. As a mobile hairdresser she could take him to alot of houses and work round him. If he liked you he would pull back his mouth and give you a "smile" alot of people took it as a noisless growel. He was my friends life! Unfortunatly yesterday she took him to the vet as he had been off his food and didnt want to go out. The vet descovered that he was bleeding internally. He thought a massive tumer was to blame. There were alot of teasts done and in the end they decided that the best thing they could do for Ben was to let him go to the bridge.
I only saw him on Monday, I got my smile and he sat on me! He loved to be as near to you as possible.
My friend id devostated, such a loss. At least he had 9 years of love and devotion.
So Ben, Run free at the bridge. Thank you for all the smiles over the years and being sat on. You will be sadly missed by many.

dinahsmum
20-01-2007, 03:53 PM
I hope it won't be too long before your friend can have the happy memories without the current sadness Jac.
Ben sounds a lovely boy. Isn't it amazing what they can forgive, and still love people?

Mags
20-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Such a sad loss, such a lovely boy :(

RIP Ben x

Jac
20-01-2007, 04:26 PM
He was a perfect example of dogs forgiveness ( pitty some people are such cruel monsters). He was a gentle, loveing boy.

Sweet
20-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Run free little one x

Kim
21-01-2007, 03:53 PM
So sad. Run free lovely Ben.