PDA

View Full Version : Battery life - Coolpix camera

dandysmom
08-01-2007, 11:51 PM
Just got this on December 28th, and the batteries have died already!! Is this normal, or does it just mean that I've been using it too much?

Mags
08-01-2007, 11:58 PM
If it is ordinary batteries, they do run out quite quickly Eileen. I use rechargable batteries and find it works out a lot cheaper than having to keep buying batteries .......... and it's more convenient....

Fran
09-01-2007, 12:02 AM
My camera has it's own rechargable battery which runs forever, it really is good. Not sure about yours Eileen, maybe someone on here that has experience of the camrea may be able to help?

dandysmom
09-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Thanks! It didn't come with rechargable batteries or a recharger ( well, I did get it on sale!). Will pick some up at market tomorrow; Leia is sure to do something photogenic tonight,,,,aaargh! :-D

smudgley
09-01-2007, 12:08 AM
My coolpix came with a charger & rechargable batteries, but it was afew years ago.
I would try & get some if you can (just check first that yours shouldn't have had some with it, it may not have done - but worth looking into)

dandysmom
09-01-2007, 12:45 AM
My coolpix came with a charger & rechargable batteries, but it was afew years ago.
I would try & get some if you can (just check first that yours shouldn't have had some with it, it may not have done - but worth looking into) It only came with regular batteries, Smudgley, but as I mentioned earlier, it was on sale, so you get what you pay for! It's a really cool camera, and I will go on line tomorrow and check into getting a recharger, etc. I have been using it a lot...:roll:

Mags
09-01-2007, 12:49 AM
I get a feeling you would be lost without it now Eileen! ;)

Fran
09-01-2007, 12:57 AM
I get a feeling you would be lost without it now Eileen! ;)

I get that feeling too Mags! Hurry up and get those rechargable batteries Eileen :D

dandysmom
09-01-2007, 03:07 AM
You two know me too well!! :-D I remembered that I had a pack of AA batteries stashed away (only use them for the CD player when we have a power outage), so camera is fine again and Leia is doing nothing but sleeping off her dinner! Will check on recharger tomorrow....have more pics to take: the rest of the amaryllis are opening and so is the orchid. I'm making up for the camera-less year I was on here...:-D

dinahsmum
09-01-2007, 10:52 AM
I think all cameras eat batteries pretty quickly. The rechargeable ones and a charging unit is a good investment. I use 6 batteries for mine, 2 in the camera, 2 recharging when necessary and 2 ready to go in as soon as the current ones give out.

smudgley
09-01-2007, 01:04 PM
I think all cameras eat batteries pretty quickly. The rechargeable ones and a charging unit is a good investment. I use 6 batteries for mine, 2 in the camera, 2 recharging when necessary and 2 ready to go in as soon as the current ones give out.

That's a good idea. :)

charliebubs
09-01-2007, 02:51 PM
All cameras that take AA batteries use them up really quickly. As the others have suggested, rechargeable ones are the best.
When I came to replace my camera a year or so ago I went for one with a lithium battery that is rechargeable and has a really long life - much better than AA's!!!! A tip for the next time you upgrade!!! :)

dandysmom
09-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks all for the info!

random
09-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Deffinately get rechargebles, I use my camera all the time and they last 2-3 days, but I have a spare set which I charge while the others are in use and just keep swapping them. I'm lucky to get normal AA lasting 30mins...