PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread - New Years eve

smudgley
31-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Morning.
It's just me & all the spiders :shock:
We are off shortly to visit our friends who recently moved to Axminster. Staying overnight & driving back tomorrow.
Hoping to meet John from Catsey with Alex' ginger kitten on the way through Bristol, just need to confirm all is still ok.

- I won't be on now until tomorrow evening

HAPPY NEW YEAR

See you in 2007!

dinahsmum
31-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Morning!
Smudgley - is that the friends who recently moved to Dorset? If it is, I've got news for you - Axminster is in Devon :lol: It's a nice little town - I like it. I had my wedding reception there (but that's another story and was in the last millennium :roll: ) I'm afraid the weather isn't good but I'm sure you'll be fine indoors with your friends. Pity you probably won't be able to go for a new year walk along the Cobb at Lyme ( a la French Lieutenent's Woman) but you'd risk being blown off!
The ginger kitten needs her own thread I think - I noticed the news hidden away in the daily thread yesterday but there wasn't a lot of interest shown. I think it's great news. :)
Have a good day folks - if this year has been bad then look forward to seeing the back of it; if this year has been good well - things can only get better! Onwards and upwards.
And, on a soggy, end of year note, all together now, sing along " Thank you for being a friend......"

Naomi
31-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Morning all.

A really grotty day today, the cats are in and Moli and Tilly are having a few 'words' to each other :roll:

Not doing much, gonna try and finish painting the livingroom walls before my mum & dad come either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Kazz
31-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Well looks like a nice morning here - at the moment :) But been a terrible night.
I am about to have boiled eggs and toast, then off into the garden have a bit of a tidy up tidy back session then round to get rid of the rubbish, girls have been out Tess is in season, means Sal will be in soon; I have to get round to getting them spayed. End of Feb March time.

Yes I think the ginger kitten needs a thread of her own I saw her yesterday asI was leaving Smudgley's Alex arrived with her she is so purrey the kitten not Alex. ;) hope all goes well. She is a proper lovely cat pure house cat - reminded me slightly of Cleo as a youngster thinking every human is lovely.

Anyhow all have a good day and Smudgley travel safe.

Sweet
31-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Morning all

I slept better last night :)

Its damp, but gonna try and get out - maybe a walk or something.

Have a lovely day/evening all.

Waves to Smudgley as she drives through Bristol :) x

Mags
31-12-2006, 11:07 AM
Morning all, not a very nice day here either ....... grey and damp:(

I too, noticed the mention of the little ginger in yesterday's daily thread but I understood from Alex that it was all hush, hush at that time :lol: - great news that John is going to have her!:D

Have a good day everyone!

Jac
31-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Morning all (just)
Guess all my sleepless nights caught up with me last night as I didnt wake til 11am:shock: . Could have been that I had Derek to cuddle into as well:D .
Not much planned for today exept makeing a big pot of soup.
Sean and Jenny are bringing in the bells in town, Darryle is going to a street party and Derek is working until 10ish. The kids will need some warming up when they get in.
Was thinking about going to the shops but that was just to put in some time. After looking outside I think not. Not a nice day, grey, damp and looks cold.
Will be poping on and off today.
I also noticed the mention of a kitten in yesterdays thread and thought I'd missed something. Needs it's own thread!!!

wooly wonka
31-12-2006, 01:18 PM
a good morning all, as we reach the apex of another year , it seems appropriate to say good bye to old problems and move on to new beginnings i hope for all of you traveling today a safe passage to your destination and a safe return home again the new year will hopefully bring happiness to you all in one way or another , for me it's a year of joy as i watch my boys grow into young men and i am so blessed and so proud to be a part of that .. cheers to you all stay safe , regards sooty sweep Ian.

sooty watching over his turf.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/woolywonka1/theonlooker.jpg

alexgirl73
31-12-2006, 03:08 PM
Afternoon all! Well it is very wet and windy here, safe driving Smudgley and co (and anyone else travelling). Unfortunately it has fallen through with John and the kitten:( He feels that it would be too much for him to take on and his other cat probably wouldn't like her, so Smudlgey and I will have to discuss what to do with her when she returns from her trip, as she is in a pen at her house just now. If anyone else would like to take on a very beautiful little girl in need of a loving home, let me know:) . Will finish off the housework and such then chill for a bit. Have a nice bath and get wrapped up in my jammies and then see in the new year with a little glass of wine. To all of my wonderful new friends here on Catsey, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Mags
31-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Shame about the kitten Alex but a very sensible decision by John if he wasn't 100% sure. I'm sure whoever takes her on will gain a lovely pet :)

At least you know she is now safe and warm at night for the time being .......:)

dinahsmum
31-12-2006, 03:48 PM
Shame for ginger but you are right Mags - it's a big decision to take on a living creature, so well done John for not taking her if you weren't 100% sure. She's so pretty I'm sure it won't be long .....
What a filthy day has arrived. Wet, windy and pretty wild. I've escaped from my Bill Bryson book which is so good it was dissolving me into a shaking, jelly-like, giggling mass. Will save some for another day and go off for a nice restful, relaxing bath (maybe incorporating a doze) to try to get me through to midnight. There is a bottle of bubbly in the fridge, so that is an incentive to stay up too :) :roll: .
Keep warm and dry everyone - hope Smudgley's drive to Devon was OK

Kazz
31-12-2006, 03:51 PM
She is such a lovely girl, really purrey and only a youngster I'd say about the age of DM's boys and a ginger too a lovely soft apricot ginger. :) I do hope a homes comes up for her there again hope the same for all Smudleys cats. :)

Karen

dinahsmum
31-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Far better in one of Smudgley's pens than in the cold (albeit as comfy a cold as she can make it) at Alex's.

alexgirl73
31-12-2006, 03:58 PM
It's not one of her big pens though DM, it's her small emergency one, but as you say, at least she is out of this horrible weather for the time being. Don't yet know whether she'll have to come back to me or not, as obviously she isn't from Smudgleys area and she needs to keep her emergancy pen free.

Kazz
31-12-2006, 04:24 PM
Yes I have admit its not the best senario but at least she's out of this weather as you say. Hope she can find a home - and soon.

Karen

Fran
31-12-2006, 05:33 PM
It will be a terrrible shame if she has come out of a warm pen to go back out in the cold :( I really hope something can be sorted out quickly for her as she sounds a real sweetie...

Jac
31-12-2006, 10:42 PM
Well I'm off til next year. See you all tomorrow. Night, if you have to go out take care. Jac xx

Mags
31-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Nite Jac ....... a very Happy New Year to you! .... x

alexgirl73
31-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Nite Jac, have a good one when it comes x

dandysmom
31-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Grey gloomy and chilly; of to the market and then play around trying to get photos from the new camera on Catsey......some worked, some "too big" ...aargh! Staying home where it's warm and dry & will wish the New Year in quietly. Happy Bew Year to all my new Catsey friends!

Mags
31-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Happy New Year to you Eileen...... ours is only two hours away now :lol:

alexgirl73
31-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Ditto from me!!

dandysmom
31-12-2006, 11:06 PM
May we all have a happy, healthy and prosperous one!!

Kazz
01-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Happy New Year to you all.
I hope 2007 brings you all, health, happiness and a few laughs. What more could you want?

Karen

smudgley
01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Morning!
Smudgley - is that the friends who recently moved to Dorset? If it is, I've got news for you - Axminster is in Devon :lol: It's a nice little town - I like it. I had my wedding reception there (but that's another story and was in the last millennium :roll: ) I'm afraid the weather isn't good but I'm sure you'll be fine indoors with your friends. Pity you probably won't be able to go for a new year walk along the Cobb at Lyme ( a la French Lieutenent's Woman) but you'd risk being blown off!
The ginger kitten needs her own thread I think - I noticed the news hidden away in the daily thread yesterday but there wasn't a lot of interest shown. I think it's great news. :)
Have a good day folks - if this year has been bad then look forward to seeing the back of it; if this year has been good well - things can only get better! Onwards and upwards.
And, on a soggy, end of year note, all together now, sing along " Thank you for being a friend......"

:) Yes - those very same friends. They were really wanting to move to Lyme but couldn't find the right property so ended up in Axminster - which is in Devon.:oops:

We did in fact spend most of this morning on the Cob in Lyme. It was fab & Lyme was packed.