PDA

View Full Version : A Dreadfull Accident

Jac
28-12-2006, 11:59 AM
I was getting my nails done and the girl that does them told me about her friend.

She got a little grey and white kitten two weeks ago. It was only 6 weeks old. The biggest problem she had was it was always round her feet, she couldnt move. Anyway the other morning she got up and was coming down stairs, tripped on the kitten and fell. She some how fell on top of it and killed it. She has put her back out but has taken it really badly. It was an accident but to her mind it was her fault. She's in hospital. I feel so sorry for her.

Mags
28-12-2006, 12:13 PM
Oh dear - that is so tragic Jac :( Stairs are a big problem as cats/kittens always seem to delight in weaving back and forth round your legs :(

So, so sorry about the kitten and so sorry for your friend, hopefully her back will be better soon......

Such a tragic accident :(

Jac
28-12-2006, 12:15 PM
It was Mags, I never thought of stairs being a potential problem, never really thought about it before. So for everyone with kittens or cats, take care.

CathyW
28-12-2006, 12:37 PM
oh what a horrible thing to happen. so sad.

alexgirl73
28-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Oh that is so tragic! Best wishes to your friend, nothing will reassure her at the moment, but hopefully very soon she will realise it was a tragic accident, one of those things that happen.

dinahsmum
28-12-2006, 01:24 PM
That is very sad - I hope she gets better soon.
It's surprising we don't hear more of this, when you consider what bad little things cats and kittens are for getting under feet.
I did think of this (or at least, I thought of being much older than i am now, when the cats are in their teens and may potentially hurt me by tripping me on the stairs) so I've sort of taught mine to go away/move when I go tss, tss, tss. It's difficult teaching a cat :roll: . Have to make it move without terrifying it!

Kim
28-12-2006, 08:28 PM
How awful, she must feel terrible even though it wasnt her fault. I am paranoid about stairs, my dear wonderful, lovely mum fell down the stairs and tragically lost her life because of it. :cry:

Elaine
28-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Thats so sad, poor wee kitten and am so sorry for your friend too. xxx.

yola
28-12-2006, 10:30 PM
Living in a 4-storey house I'm very mindful of the stairs. Having said that - Darcy is one for weaving in and out of your legs at top speed on the stairs. Thankfully I'm aware of him at all times - and especially if I'm carrying the baby.

Jac - that's an awful thing to happen. I can understand why the girl feels guilty - I would too, but it really wasn't her fault. I do hope her back gets better soon :cry:

Jac
28-12-2006, 10:31 PM
Oh Kim I'm so sorry. I didnt know.:(

Sweet
29-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Very sad :( x

Kim
29-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Oh Kim I'm so sorry. I didnt know.:(

Jac, it's fine, was a few years ago now. She lived for 18 months after the accident, but it left her extremely brain damaged and disabled and she was never able to live at home again and eventually died of pneumonia. I feel I had 2 mums; the one before and the one after the accident as she couldn't walk or talk after it. However, I still feel blessed & grateful that I had such a wonderful mum. Sorry, didn't mean to intrude on your thread, it just gets to me sometimes. How is your friend feeling now?

Jac
29-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Kim, You didnt intrude on the thread, that's what it's all about. If you want to talk about something thats fine.
I understand about your mum. Some things bring back memories. When I was posting this I was thinking about my friend to be honest. She was out with her hubby and fell in the street. She never recovered, if she had she would have had no quality of life. She damaged her brain stem. It was her funeral in Sept.

Back to the original post ha we do diverse dont we!!! The girl is getting out of hospital tomorrow. She's a friend of a friend. Seemilgly she's doing much better.

Kim
29-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks Jac, yes I remember you saying she was a friend of a friend. Pleased to hear she is coming out of hospital.

How sad about your other friend, what a freak accident. To be honest my mum had no quality of life after her accident, but we willed her to live after she had major brain surgery following the accident. No matter what there are always so many 'if's & but's'. Mum's accident was on a Good Friday and we were staying with mum & dad. I heard her fall and gave her emergency first-aid. My daughter was coming down the stairs with her. My poor dad was in a terrible state. Bless him, he died of a massive heart attack a year after her accident, I think the strain was just too much. Mum had her surgery at the London Hospital for Neurology & Neurosurgery, there was a few programmes on the TV recently about the hospital, did anyone see it? That brought back floods of memories. Yes, Jac we do divert don't we? ;)

Jac
29-12-2006, 03:59 PM
Kim I'm so sorry. It must have been terrible for all of you. Your daughter must have felt really bad.
((((((((((((())))))))) Hugs.

wooly wonka
29-12-2006, 06:32 PM
jac, I am so sorry for your friends loss, and the injury she sustain from this terrible accident. her sad loss is a reminder to us all we have a great responsibility to our animals- and each other . i hope the feelings from all of us reaches out to your friend? and that kitty is happy at the bridge in its new life ...so sorry regards sooty sweep Ian ........:cry: :cat25 :cat25

Kim
29-12-2006, 07:21 PM
Kim I'm so sorry. It must have been terrible for all of you. Your daughter must have felt really bad.
((((((((((((())))))))) Hugs.

Thanks Jac. Yes Rachel felt terrible and had to have counselling for a while. It was a very difficult time for all of us, but behind us now. I am lucky to have a great brother and sister and we all supported each other.

Fran
29-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh Jac, what an awful thing to happen :( I really hope that your friend's back recovers and that she manages to get over this.

Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your mum's accident and the knock on effect it caused; the subsequent death of your dad and your daughter needing councilling, I'm pleased that you have a supportive family and that you have all come out of this well at the other side. {{{Hugs}}}

Kim
29-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Kim, I am so sorry to hear about your mum's accident and the knock on effect it caused; the subsequent death of your dad and your daughter needing councilling, I'm pleased that you have a supportive family and that you have all come out of this well at the other side. {{{Hugs}}}

Thanks Fran. I feel I have taken over this thread somewhat, I am sorry. Some things just bring it all back and therefore the need to 'talk' sometimes. I am sure some of you already know what happened as I have mentioned it before.