PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread Wed (day after boxing day)

smudgley
27-12-2006, 10:14 AM
9.10 & no daily thread yet!

My husband has gone to Merry Hill with his brother & the girls to get his phone changed & change a couple of faulty Xmas goods.

I'm off to see a litter of new puppies that arrived on Christmas day. I'm not really back to work until 2nd Jan, but said I'd visit this litter when they arrived. They're less than an hour away so I shouldn't be too long.

Then John's brother is coming for lunch today & bringing his daughter. We're having a proper Chrissy dinner with Turkey & all the trimmings.

Then games & fun this afternoon.

Have a good day.

Naomi
27-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Not much today, might take th kids into town and get a few bits and pieces in. Other than that a nice quiet day for us.

EmmaG
27-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Doing a bit of tidying up today as we bought a new bathroom suite yesterday and my dad and OH are going to pick it up tomorrow so I need to make some room for it :) They are also picking up from Makro a new mattress as our old one is very bad.

alexgirl73
27-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Morning all. Not too sure what we are doing today. The girls got some money for Christmas so they want to go to the shops, it's burning a hole in their pockets, lol. Going out for a meal tonight with my mum and dad and brother and his new girlfriend, so that will be nice, a chance to glam up a bit! Should be interesting with Teddie today. I gave her her breakfast (white fish with a little HiLife mixed in), and then gave her it in the living room. Well, Hayley went in after I had out it down and obviously didn't close the door properly, 'cause when I went in a few minutes later to see how she was doing, Cooper had his face buried in the middle of her bowl and poor Teddie had been shoved to the side. I didn't have any fish left to give her as I haven't been to Asda yet, so had to give her HiLife on its own!!!!!!!!
I'll not panic until I see her pass a motion.

dinahsmum
27-12-2006, 11:26 AM
Morning!
Nice to be back! Hope everyone had a lovely christmas. I did but now OH is taking daughter back to London and son has just set off home, so, it's me and the animals - back to normal :roll:
The new dog was fine and he and Dinah had good fun together.
Son gave me (and installed) a super flat monitor ..... what a lot of space I have on the desk now! And it's a nice clear picture too.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_33_21.gif
Weather is not bad at all. Theer was no fog for xmas travelling and the sun is actually peeking through now.
Hope everyone has a lovely day.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_2_60.gif

Donna
27-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Morning all. Woke up at 11am!!! Oh dear!!!

Just been out to put the bunnies out - tis rather cold today. The house is a mess and both children are still sound asleep in their beds!!!

CathyW
27-12-2006, 12:43 PM
been out done a bit of food shopping, salad stuff i think. watched a woman buy loads of *stuff* im sure she didnt need it, just bought it cause it was there. and it all went on the credit card, i can honestly say i didnt put a penny on plastic, all cash and i had 50 quid left over from christmas, refuse to have credit cards dont like debt. so feeling really plaesed with myself this year. :)
BTW good morning all LOL have a good day

Mags
27-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Morning all, have been trying to get back to normal today :D Seems very quiet today now all the guests have gone :(

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and didn't over-indulge too much!:D

I haven't been on here much these last couple of days but must admit it is good to be back!:-D

It is a lovely day here, the sun is shining although it is slightly nippy. I've done a load of washing, popped into Sainsburys for some fresh veg ......... now I have to find homes for all the pressies:D

Have a good day everyone!

yola
27-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Just back from a lovely, bracing walk through Windsor Great Park . . . both little ones are tired out and Domi's gone up to the office with hubby to sort out the server (it's crashed and won't restart). I'm about to empty and re-light the fire.

The cats' new water fountain drinking effort is installed and running alongside the standard water bowl. It's being totally ingored - even by Darcy who usually drinks from a running tap. Hey ho. More money down the drain :roll:

Kazz
27-12-2006, 06:36 PM
I've been to work. :)

Jac
27-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Had a really nice couple of days with the family. Sorry couldnt get photo's of Sean's hair do as he shaved it off to meet the future inlaws:shock: .
Mum and the grinch are back, say no more! Cant wait to move out may even check into a b&b if things dont change. Another story hey ho such is life!

Sweet
27-12-2006, 08:59 PM
Children are with their Dad until New Year and Partner had to go back to work so I hit the sales LOL x

Fran
27-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Evening all, busy day here, hubby has started putting my new kitchen in :shock: All the wall units are now up and I have even got lights under some of them :D It's going to be a long job until it's completed though as it has to be re-tiled both on the walls and the floors, new worktops, sink, extractor fan etc..etc...and we need our electrician to come and sort out some extra electic bits and bats...oh and then I will have the job of decorating it but I am hopeful that it will look lovely when it is done :cool:

Hope you have all had a lovely day :D

Kazz
27-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Which kitchen did you decide on then Fran, colour wise I mean?

dandysmom
27-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Sunny and brisk here today, 41F, quite windy. To market, nothing much else doing, Ordered the new camera last night, can't wait for it to get here! Didn't try to pat Onyx today, but did hold out my hand for the first time for her to sniff, and she did! But backed right off waiting till I'd scraped the food on her plate. Have a nice evening, all!

charliebubs
27-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Evening everyone!
I've had a blooming cold for weeks and decided to go to the doctors today as I really need to shake it off. Turns out I have an upper respiratory infection and now have a course of antibiotics :( boo hoo!!

Was at the NEXT sale at 5am this morning tho, due to not being able to sleep as so congested and had ear ache!! I guess upper respiratory infections do have their plus points!!! lol

Need to rest up tonight as going wedding dress shopping with my sister tomorrow in the sales (she's getting married, not me!!)

:)

Mags
27-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Evening everyone!
I've had a blooming cold for weeks and decided to go to the doctors today as I really need to shake it off. Turns out I have an upper respiratory infection and now have a course of antibiotics :( boo hoo!!

Was at the NEXT sale at 5am this morning tho, due to not being able to sleep as so congested and had ear ache!! I guess upper respiratory infections do have their plus points!!! lol

Need to rest up tonight as going wedding dress shopping with my sister tomorrow in the sales (she's getting married, not me!!)

:)
I hope you got some bargains at Next, Charlie........ after getting there at 5.00am I would expect to come away with armfuls of goodies!! :-D

Fran
27-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Which kitchen did you decide on then Fran, colour wise I mean?

Hi Kazz, we decided on the solid oak range from B&Q, it has quite a light colured finish which suits our rather small kitchen :roll:

wooly wonka
27-12-2006, 11:37 PM
well I've not been anywhere and yet I've made a lot of new friends who seem to be very beautiful and owned by a number of cats around the world so i am going to bed now Cos I'm knackered is that naked i always spell that wrong ha ha thanks to all @ catsey

regards Ian .........aka(wooly wonka )

Mags
27-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Nite Ian ........ sleep well!

Fran
27-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Nite nite Ian, hope you manage a good night's rest..

dandysmom
27-12-2006, 11:54 PM
Sleep well, Ian!