PDA

View Full Version : Dandy 1987 - 2001

dandysmom
19-12-2006, 03:17 AM
I can't believe it's been five years since Dandy left me on December 19th. He was a wonderful cat, a typical Singapura: people lover and the most outgoing and friendly cat I've ever lived with. He loved riding in cars (not in the carrier, complained bitterly about that, but in his harness); would stick his head out the window like a dog! And actually enjoyed a trip to the vet (not the jabs, complained about that also, loudly!), but meeting new people who would make over him, and a chance to explore the examining room and all the ineresting smells...they always had a hard time keeping him on the examining table, he wanted to check everything out. When he first came, he decided Misty was a mommy-type cat, and made up to her: she hissed and spat, but he wore her down and soon she was washing and mothering him, just as Porsha is doing with Mildred, and Clementine with Bella! Dandy, you are gone, but never forgotten', run free, little boy! See you again on the Rainbow Bridge!

Fran
19-12-2006, 07:53 AM
Dandy sounded a very special cat Eileen, a real character by the sounds of it :cool:

RIP special man x

Sweet
19-12-2006, 09:15 AM
What a beautiful story......

R.I.P. Little Man x

Donna
19-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Lovely to hear about Dandy. He was a special boy x

yola
19-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Dandy obviously held a very special spot in your heart, Eileen. He sounds like a wonderful, special boy. Thanks for telling us his story.

Mags
19-12-2006, 01:01 PM
Dandy was a very special cat Eileen and it's obvious that he holds a special place in you heart ((((hugs))))

Run free special boy ....... x

charliebubs
19-12-2006, 02:06 PM
He sounds like such a character and a really special boy. Play hard at the bridge little one.

x

borderdawn
19-12-2006, 08:39 PM
He sounded fantastic Eileen, a real treasure.
Dawn.

dandysmom
19-12-2006, 09:09 PM
I have lots of stories about that little character: one of my favorites is lap-sharing, None of my cats believed in it, although the lap is big enough for two. Dandy was what you would call passive-agressive, he never tried to evict the cat in the lap that he wanted...what he would do was get on my shoulder, and then very, very slowly slide down..I am not built like Dolly Parton ...:-D..so no problem sliding, until he was on top of the cat in the lap...then he'd wiggle a little until the cat being sat on would mutter a obscenity and leap off...and Dandy would settle comfortably with a satisfied look on his face. Worked every time!! Oh, I do miss him!

Mags
19-12-2006, 10:06 PM
:D... that's such a lovely story Eileen and such a lovely memory for you.......

Fran
19-12-2006, 10:29 PM
What a lovely story Eileen :cool:

dandysmom
19-12-2006, 10:33 PM
Thanks, Mags! Sharing some of the funny stories makes me feel better, and him feel closer, if you know what I mean...

Mags
19-12-2006, 10:44 PM
Thanks, Mags! Sharing some of the funny stories makes me feel better, and him feel closer, if you know what I mean...
We would love to hear them Eileen ;)

Kazz
19-12-2006, 10:50 PM
That is a lovely story Eileen, really lovely stories. He sounds like a cat in a million.

RIP Dandy, RIP.

Karen

dandysmom
19-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Oh dear, you've pushed my button: will do just one more, about the time he made a dear friend into a non-person. My friend the police officer often came over for drinks on the front porch, and would always share whatever goodies we were having with Dandy,,,Dandy liked him anyway, but especially liked people who'd share food. Well, one time when we were having spiced shrimp, asked Chris not to give him any, as he'd whoopsed after breakfast and I wasn't sure the shrimp would set well on his stomach. Dandy was offended, Highly offended!! So, the next time Chris was over with another friend, whom Dandy also liked, he made a very, very ostentatious show of completely ignoring Chris as if he wasn't even there...no eye contact, no acknowledgement that he was even there, while he proceeded to make a very noticeable show over my other friend, head-butting, lap-sitting, loud purring...all the while completely pretending Chris wasn't there. It was very funny, so obvious! We laughed for days about that...being cut dead by a cat!!

Fran
19-12-2006, 11:02 PM
What a brilliant story! Please keep them coming, Dandy was certainly a character :-D

yola
19-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Amazing!!! Dandy certainly sounds like the most characterful cat.

Eileen - if you have any more stories about this super little fella I'd love to hear them - honestly :D

Kazz
19-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Me too all stories welcome well and truely welcome.

Mags
19-12-2006, 11:10 PM
What a character - he certainly knew what he wanted and how to get it! :D

Keep the stories coming Eileen :D

Moli
19-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Sounds a really special boy....
RIP...Little Dandy..........xx

dandysmom
19-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Hope no one is getting bored with this, but he was such a character! Dandy was pet quality, I got him not to show, just because I wanted the Pura personality. Anyhow, my friends who bred Oriental shorthairs were going to a show in Gaithersburg nearby, and said, why didn't I bring Dandy who could just be on exhibition. I thought that would be fun, so entered him, made some lovely sea-green curtains for his cage & off we went. He adored the car ride as usual, and being fussed over at the show...Puras were quite rare then. Anyhow, two very nice young men stopped by his cage to admire him, and said that was the second Pura they'd seen, and proceeded to tell me that when they were in Washington, a Pura on a leash came over to their car as they were getting out and wanted to get in!! I asked if that happened to be on 38th Street, they said yes, so I said this is the Pura!! Dandy used to embarrass me all the time doing that when we were out walking,,,he loved car rides and always wanted to get in strangers cars!! Small world, isn't it!

Fran
19-12-2006, 11:22 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 What a character!!! How on earth could we be bored, these storys are just wonderful, I can see exactly why he was so special to you Eileen!

Mags
19-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Fancy that! :lol: I don't suppose there are too many cats go out walkies though!

He certainly was a very special boy!

dandysmom
19-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks all for your lovely comments! It was fun to share some of the stories about the Dandy cat, glad you enjoyed them. Wait till August on Sultan's anniversary and I can tell more funnies about "The Emperor of Benton Street" , as a neighbor used to call him! Seriously, it did make me feel better sharing some of Dandy's life with you all; he was a special cat, and you are a special group of friends! Thanks for being there.......

Mags
19-12-2006, 11:56 PM
(((((hugs))))) Eileen :D