PDA

View Full Version : Good to know

Elaine
15-12-2006, 11:01 PM
PIN NUMBER REVERSAL (GOOD TO KNOW)
If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM
machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.
For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321. The ATM
recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card you placed in the
machine.

T he machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown to the
robber, the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.
This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is
seldom used because people don't know it exists.

Please pass this along to everyone possible.

alexgirl73
15-12-2006, 11:03 PM
wow, very impressive that! pray that none of us will ever have to use it!

Mags
15-12-2006, 11:07 PM
That is very useful information to know Elaine , thanks ......... just hope none of us have to use it.....

dandysmom
15-12-2006, 11:08 PM
Wow indeed! Wonder if this is only in the UK or here in the States? I don't have an ATM card, have always worked in buildings where the bank was either on the ground (first here) floor, or directly across the street, and since I retired the bank is right by the bus stop, so never felt the need for one.

Fran
15-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Excellent information Elaine, thank you for that. I have never heard this before

Moli
15-12-2006, 11:38 PM
I have never heard of it either, thanks Elaine....

Elaine
15-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I hadnt heard of it either, I may just give it a go and see if it works. On second thoughts, maybe not, or I might be behind bars for xmas LOL

Kazz
15-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Sorry to put a damper on it people but apparently this is "rubbish" I heard on the BBC news this is not true at all - a cash point only gives out money if the correct numbers in the correct order is used if you put it in backwards - more than the limit your card allows all that will happen will your card will be withdrawn no police will be notified nothing. Just an internet rumour I'm afraid.

Kazz
15-12-2006, 11:42 PM
But I will phone my bank to check.........

dandysmom
15-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Oh dear, so it's just another urban legend then, like alligators in the sewers.... :cry:

smudgley
16-12-2006, 12:08 AM
I've not heard of it.

I'll ask my brother in law about it - he's the local crime prevention officer & has been looking into cashpoint scams recently.

PS - Just incase you are thinking my brother-in-law seems to have lots of jobs, I have lots of brother in laws. I know I was recently talking about the brother-in-law who's a plasterer. :roll:

Kazz
16-12-2006, 12:22 AM
The 12 brother in law of Christmas eh???????? :)

dinahsmum
16-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Hey Kazz - I thought 'rubbish' as soon as I read it. :roll: There must be lots of people who have palindromic PIN's which are 'back to front' every time they are entered. All those messages which end 'and tell everyone you know' put my scam-whiskers a-tremble. :?
The site for checking them out is www.snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com)
Flippin' people with nothing better to do than invent nonsense like this.

Edited to add "But thanks for thinking of us and thinking you were doing us a good turn, Elaine"

Elaine
16-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Ach well, I thought it a bit odd but now we know its bollox anyway LOL