PDA

View Full Version : Long car journey

alexgirl73
07-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to help Teddie cope with a 5 hour car journey? We have to go to Scotland in just over a week to deliver prezzies and we have to take her with us. As I'm going to put her back on the white fish, I don't think it would be fair to ask my neighbours who will be coming in to feed my other 2, to have to cook fish for her and to make sure that she is fed seperatley from the boys. I want to make the journey as stress free as possible, but as she has never been on a journey this length before, I don't know how she'll react. Any hints?

dandysmom
07-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Sorry. Alex, no experience with this; longest mine have ever ridden in a car was about 20 minutes when driven to the vets....hysterical yowling coming and going! Good luck! Hope someone will have ideas......

alexgirl73
07-12-2006, 10:56 PM
The times that I've taken her to the vets, she hasn't been noisy in the carrier, but obviously a long journey will be different. I'm not sure what to do about a litter tray etc.

Sweet
07-12-2006, 11:05 PM
I cannot be of help either, ive only taken mine as far as the vets x

Moli
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
What about a cat cage Alex, one big enough for her to sleep in and have a tray in, covered with a blanket??

tilly
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I would say a large ish cat/puppy pen with litter tray and bed in put int the boot. So as above really.
Sally

alexgirl73
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't have one of those Moli, and tbh, there wouldn't be room in the car for it with all the presents that have to be delivered and the absolute mountain that make the return journey with us. My OH will take spells sitting in the back with her to let her out of the carrier at times, but I don't know what else to do with her.

smudgley
07-12-2006, 11:22 PM
I would say a smallish carrier preferably a plastic one. With a nice cosy bed inside & tucked somewhere safe & secure she should be fine. :cool:

alexgirl73
07-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Well, a small carrier I CAN do, lol. It's about all there will be space for. I'm just worried about stressing her out even more, poor baby, but I don't have a lot of choice in the matter (and my MIL doesn't know she's coming with us yet, so that will be a fun conversation my OH will have).

smudgley
07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
strange but true....You will find she will be less stressed in a smaller space. She will feel more secure in a smaller carrier.
not too small obviously. enough room to turn round and get comfy.

alexgirl73
07-12-2006, 11:30 PM
oh she can definitely turn around in it, she may have grown over the last few weeks, but she's still tiny in comparison to Cooper who's a week younger than she is!