PDA

View Full Version : Intruder!!

charliebubs
07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Well, when I came downstairs this morning not only was I greeted by my 5 furbabes, but that was an intruder......a tabby cat looking quite comfy on the sofa!!!!

He/she didn't seem at all bothered by the other cats and they didn't seem worried about him/her. They were all having a good sniff and there was no hissing or swiping.

He wasn't too keen on me though. I held out my hand, which he had a little sniff of, but then he legged it out of the cat flap in the back door.

All of this is even more amazing due to the fact that I have a cat-proofed garden!!!! He has found a tiny little gap in the netting between the fence and the house and that seems to be where he's getting in and out. I'm going to get my boyfriend to help me patch it up at the weekend, but it makes me wonder.......
how often could he/she have been coming in and me not know?
will my cats get ideas about escaping?
should I try and find out if he/she belongs to someone? it doesn't have a collar on.

Questions, questions!!!!

Charlie
:)
xx

Fran
07-12-2006, 03:10 PM
That was certainly a surprise for you!! :-D I'd hazard a guess that if he was ok with your cats and them with him that he may have been in quite a few times before ;) I wonder who he belongs to? My cats don't wear collars but are microchipped, so it could be that if he does belong to someone that they don't put a collar on him? You haven't got any entire queens in call have you :shock: Let us know what happens :D

charliebubs
08-12-2006, 02:17 PM
That was certainly a surprise for you!! :-D I'd hazard a guess that if he was ok with your cats and them with him that he may have been in quite a few times before ;) I wonder who he belongs to? My cats don't wear collars but are microchipped, so it could be that if he does belong to someone that they don't put a collar on him? You haven't got any entire queens in call have you :shock: Let us know what happens :D

Lily is entire, but she's not calling!!

No sign of him/her this morning!!

:)

Sweet
08-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Awww bless, he came in for breakfast x

dandysmom
08-12-2006, 10:10 PM
It does make me wonder if he's visited before if your cats seem OK with him..? Do you have the kind of cat flap that you can lock both ways at night?

Elaine
08-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I'd personally patch up that gap and probably make some enquiries just incase he is lost or something. At least he was friendly with your lot, could have been so much worse. Cannt beleive he didnt stay to say thankyou for breakfast though:lol: