PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread - Friday

dinahsmum
01-12-2006, 09:52 AM
Pinch punch, first of the month. A dark and dismal morning here but the light on the horizon is that it wil be the shortest day in only 3 weeks. Hurrah! - we can start to look forward to spring, although, as many of us have said, there are spring like themes around already! :?
Hope everyone has a good day. It's Friday!
[attach-center]237[/attach-center]

Mags
01-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Good morning DM, good morning all!

A gloomy, wet day here too ....... but still so mild! As my mother used to say ..... "We'll suffer for this later!" :lol:

Have got my daughter and her family coming round later today for a meal, Katie and Jamie will be so excited that they could open their advent calendars today:D

Have a good day all!:cool:

CathyW
01-12-2006, 10:10 AM
morning all. dull n yuk here, the boys are intent on watching stuff out the window, watching the leaves blowing around.
spose i should stsrt the day, but really dont feel like it at the mo.
have a good day all ;)

yola
01-12-2006, 11:27 AM
Just got back from Dominik's 1st ever Christmas play . . . he was a snowman - dressed in white complete with orange nose. Bless!! All the little 3 year olds looked so sweet :D My crappy old camera didn't pick him up very well at all - will have to see it I can enlarge/enhance in photoshop at all.

I have my Cats Protection colleague coming round later - I thought it was yesterday but actually it's today :roll: he'll be picking up lots of jumble/nearly new sale stuff.

Dominik and I will be doing leaf/twig drawings later - I've been collecting pretty garden things all week for him to stick and paint :D

Fine drizzle going on outside so definitely an indoor day today!

Fran
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Morning all, nice dry day here. Have done the horses and was just about to nip down the PO to tax my car only to realise Ruby has eaten the renewel reminder that I had left out this morning :shock: Will have to go to the PO and see if there is any way I can tax it without it as I need it today :roll:

Been up half the night with Em who has toothache despite visiting the dentist yesterday :? Anyhow she insisted on going to school as it is the school disco tonight and she doesn't want to miss out on that but I am expecting the school to ring to go and fetch her as her cheek is the size of a golf ball and she really didn't look very well :(

Hope you all have a great day today :D

Mags
01-12-2006, 12:39 PM
Morning all, nice dry day here. Have done the horses and was just about to nip down the PO to tax my car only to realise Ruby has eaten the renewel reminder that I had left out this morning :shock: Will have to go to the PO and see if there is any way I can tax it without it as I need it today :roll:

Been up half the night with Em who has toothache despite visiting the dentist yesterday :? Anyhow she insisted on going to school as it is the school disco tonight and she doesn't want to miss out on that but I am expecting the school to ring to go and fetch her as her cheek is the size of a golf ball and she really didn't look very well :(

Hope you all have a great day today :D
Poor Em, I hope she is able to make the disco tonight Fran :( My daughter always seemed to miss out on Christmas events at school due to illness:roll:

How did you get on regarding the chewed up tax reminder? :shock::lol:

Fran
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
I haven't heard from school Mags, so I am hoping that the antibiotics the dentist gave her yesterday have started to kick in. she will be so disappointed if she misses the disco :(

Regarding my car tax, the lady's face behind the counter at the PO was a picture when she saw my eaten tax reminder :-D Anyhow, luckily for me, Ruby had left the bar code intact, God knows how as almost every bit else of it was shredded :roll: So because she could scan the barcode, I could tax my car :lol:

Naomi
01-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Afternoon everyone. My mam & dad were here earlier and we've made a start on the living room.

Louise is much better today and is really hyper. Not sure who is worse, Tilly or Louise :roll: :lol:

Thomas ate all the chocolates out of his advent calendar so that's it for him, he's not gonna get another advent calendar :roll:

Sweet
01-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Just back from work, its dull and damp here.

Just noticed Fran's avatar also, really wish I could have one of my own cats with Santa's hats.

Out at a Charity night later, so should be fun x

Fran
01-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Just noticed Fran's avatar also, really wish I could have one of my own cats with Santa's hats

I took that piccie of my old girl Lucky last Christmas wearing my daughter's Christmas hat. It was the last photo I got of her :(

Enjoy your evening Sweet :cool:

Jac
01-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Evening all
Spent a really nice day with Sean again (he had the day off). I know now why he's about so much. He's away to Afghanistan early next year!! (here we go again with worry)
Had my hair done this morning, just the normall but I had a couple of inches cut off. Good news, all the hair that fell out is coming back in:D . Hopefully it will look better soon.
Hope to chat to you all latter on.

yola
01-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Jac - I didn't know your hair fell out - was it stress? Poor chick :(

Jac
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
Hi Yola, Yes I lost alot of hair due to stress. It's so thin now! but it's coming back in albeit quite grey:shock: At least I can get colour from a bottle:lol:

Jac
01-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm away for a nice warm shower. See you all in a wee bit.

Fran
01-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Enjoy your shower Jac :D

Jac
01-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Cheers, back soon.

Fran
01-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Just off to pick Em up from the school disco...won't be long

dandysmom
01-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Fran, it's a miracle you were able to get the car taxed! Feel sorry for Em, especially as I have a toothache myself for the last few days! Love everyones "cat in the Christmas hat" aavatars! Today is December first and it is 72F here...just picked a few roses from the garden for a bud vase!! The horrible storm that dumped more than 18 inches of snow on the Midwest is on its way here; we are supposed to miss the snow, thank God, but tenperatures are going to plummet...Monday's high is forecast for 43F!!! Was raining when I came home from the market so Onyx was nowhere in sight, but the rain let up suddenly so I was able to feed her after lunch. Have a good evening, all!!

Kazz
01-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Well I have been to work nothing much other than that - oh Mom and Dad have had their pneumonia jabs (every 10years appaently) and both have arms that ache - so I was summonded to mash their potatoes :)

Fran
01-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Eileen, I really hope your toothache settles soon..it's awful isn't it? I really feel for you :( Em didn't really enjoy the disco as her tooth was hurting her :( she can certainly empathise with how you are feeling right now x

dandysmom
01-12-2006, 11:16 PM
Thanks, Fran! I'm the world's worst coward about dentists, so am numbing it with Orajel...thank God for that stuff...and eating a soft diet...nice bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup tonight,,and it seems to be getting better! Sorry Em didn't have that good a time....

alexgirl73
01-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Evening all! Been quite a day. Hayley went to school this morning delaring that she was 'much better mummy' only to have the school phone me a few hours later to pick her up again! Nothing wrong with her, the little faker! Tried to catch up on some sleep in the afternoon, but every time I shut my eyes, either the phone or the door went, and OH had gone to the shops, typical! Went to our local Christmas lights switch on tonight. My Raechel was singing with the school choir, and she had a solo, which she did very well with! Stayed to sing carols at the end with the local Salvation Army band, but it was amazing how quickly the square emptied when the entertainment became religious!! Hmm, what's the reason for the season again??

Hope all who are under the weather feel better soon. ((hugs))

Fran
01-12-2006, 11:23 PM
so am numbing it with Orajel...thank God for that stuff....

Don't think I have heard of that Eileen, wonder if you can buy it over here in the Uk and if it is safe for children?

The dentist did try to pull Em's tooth out (it's a baby molar tooth that has past it's sell by date :roll: ) but despite 4 local anaesthetic injections it just wouldn't numb up. So they have put her on antibiotics and painkillers until she can have it removed by another dentist under IV sedation hopefully next week. The pain is driving her crazy at times though :(

dandysmom
01-12-2006, 11:38 PM
Don't think I have heard of that Eileen, wonder if you can buy it over here in the Uk and if it is safe for children?

The dentist did try to pull Em's tooth out (it's a baby molar tooth that has past it's sell by date :roll: ) but despite 4 local anaesthetic injections it just wouldn't numb up. So they have put her on antibiotics and painkillers until she can have it removed by another dentist under IV sedation hopefully next week. The pain is driving her crazy at times though :(
Just got my tube out and squinted at the minuscule type...it's manufactured by Del Pharmaceuticals in New York. The active ingredient is Benzocaine 20%. Doesn't say anythig about adult use only, but it does have the usual warning "keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children". It's OTC, not prescription. It really does dull the pain down to almost nothing.

Fran
01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks Eileen, I'll ask at the pharmacy tomorrow x

dandysmom
01-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Good luck!! I wouldn't be without the stuff!

Fran
02-12-2006, 12:14 AM
Nite all, Em asleep now so I am going to take advantage of some sleep myself

Hope you all sleep well x

Mags
02-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Nite Fran, hope you get a good sleep..... and I hope Em sleeps through the night too....:cool:

yola
02-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Sleep well Fran - I'm off mesself now :cat15

Mags
02-12-2006, 12:43 AM
Sleep well Fran - I'm off mesself now :cat15
Nite Yola...... sleep well!:cool:

Moli
02-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Nite PK,
Nite Yola...
Hope you both sleep well.........

Tom
02-12-2006, 01:21 AM
Ohhh night everyone, i better stay up just incase Em wakes up with the toothache!! __Tom