PDA

View Full Version : Daily Thread-Thursday

Luke
30-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Morning folks.
Grey day here..very quiet..too quiet. Not nice to have all black clothes laid out ready, have the funeral to attend at ten oclock, very solem day-been to far too many this year alone. He such a lovely man..but anyway, Bella discovered the joys of a dripping tap last night..sent her into frenzy! But she continued to go and sit under it:roll:
Enjoy your day folks-and live everyday as if it shall be your last, cause one day it, sadly, will be.:)

Fran
30-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Morning all, dry and blustery day here. Have done the horses. Got to pick Em up from school at 11ish as she has a dental appointment - she spent most of last night awake with toothache but did insist on going to school this morning :? Visiting a friend this afternoon. She is going into hospital next week and has asked if I will go and look after her cats whilst she is in - all 20 odd of them :shock:

Luke - {{{Hugs}}} a difficult day for you :(

Hope everyone else has a great day :D

yola
30-11-2006, 11:43 AM
Sorry today is such a sad day for you Luke.

I'm awaiting Tony from our Cats Protection branch with his van. I have a full boot of stuff for him;clothes, toys, bits n bobs (big boot - he'll need the van ;) ) as well as Dominik's old pram/pushchair. It cost a lot of money but it's just too big and bulky to be practical. Hopefully they can sell it for a reasonable sum.

Cleaners will be here sometime too - not sure what time. Sebastian's currently spread out on my bed asleep so I hope that they don't come just yet and wake him.

Jac
30-11-2006, 12:59 PM
Morning all
Just back from getting my nails done. Still not feeling that great but hey ho mum's dont ge to be "sick"
Its the hair day tomorrow for me, not sure whether to get a bit chopped or not.
Darryle has walked out of school:mad: . Someone please take his hormones:roll:

Mags
30-11-2006, 02:24 PM
Afternoon all ........ overcast but dry today, it appears a lot cooler too...

Have been to the hairdressers this morning ........ heard some upsetting news. The trainee girl who usually does all the shampooing etc suddenly started shouting and being abusive in the salon last Monday. She is now in a psychiatric ward in the local hospital :shock: She has had a nervous breakdown ..... at the age of 23 :( She is a lovely girl, very polite and quiet .......... I can't believe this has happened to her, poor girl :(

Luke ~ I hope you managed to get through the day alright....

alexgirl73
30-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Afternoon all. I haven't being too good lately, suffering a lot of pain. Probably a combination of overdoing the walking at Supreme and the cold weather. Just had to pick Hayley up from school as I got a phone call to say that she wasn't feeling well, just what I needed lol! Was going to put up the Christmas decorations tonight, will have to see how I feel now.
Luke - ((hugs))

And a happy St Andrews day to all!!!!!!

Mags
30-11-2006, 02:39 PM
Afternoon all. I haven't being too good lately, suffering a lot of pain. Probably a combination of overdoing the walking at Supreme and the cold weather. Just had to pick Hayley up from school as I got a phone call to say that she wasn't feeling well, just what I needed lol! Was going to put up the Christmas decorations tonight, will have to see how I feel now.
Luke - ((hugs))

And a happy St Andrews day to all!!!!!!
Sorry you're not feeling too good Alex - try to take things easy for a while ...... not easy when you have an unwell child as well, I know :(
Hope you and your daughter will feel better soon.... ((((hugs))))

dinahsmum
30-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Afternoon and {{{hugs}}} to lots of people who need them today. Special one for you Luke.
Well I've had a very nice morning in Bath. I was suprised how relatively quiet it was at the shops. I passed the Art Gallery and thought I'd pop in but sadly the shops won out :roll: .
Yola - like your new hair-do! ;)

Naomi
30-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Afternoon everyone :D

Been getting the kiddies some clothes. I've also bought pressies for my inlaws. In total I spent nearly£100 today :shock:

Next thing on my list is party clothes for the kids :roll:

Luke
30-11-2006, 05:47 PM
Was a 'pleasant' funeral...long as was catholic service, was raining cats n dogs at the burial which made things very awkward...and the wake was 'humble', but was a nice way too see him off.
Returned home to keyboard on desktop not working..so having too use laptop now (can't stand it!)

Jac
30-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi Ya Everone
Spent a lovely afternoon with Sean. We even went out and bought clothes for Christmas. Good old Mother and Son fashion. Just what the Doc ordered!
I should be here for most of the night:shock: . Talk to you all:roll:

Kazz
30-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Glad the day has gone okay for all. I've been to work!

Bit of a miserable day but no rain to speak of.

Luke sorry to hear about your keyboard why not try the computer fair at the motorycle museum the weekend for a new one very reasonable I find.

Jac
30-11-2006, 09:20 PM
:evil: Going to have to call it a night Ladies. Keep getting a microsoft error report, Its coming up like every 5 seconds. If I have a virus I'm going to kill Darryle:evil:

dandysmom
30-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Sympathy to all of you who aren't feeling well! Take care! Cloudy and still unseasonably mild - 70F !! Porch door is open for Leia and I put the trash/recycling out and fed the birds and Onyx without a jacket on...we'll pay for this weather - 40F due by Monday and howling winds! My slow-witted birds have finally figured out that the suet cake is edible...they're picking away at it at last. Fixed an old cat carrier with a blanket and put it out for Onyx to shelter in from the cold and rain...hope she'll use it. Luke: an old saying sort of apropos to your funeral today . "Happy the bride the sun shines on, happy the corpse the rain falls on..." May he rest in peace! And that was funny about Bella and the drippy tap! Everything is new to a kitten! Have a good evening, all!

Tom
30-11-2006, 11:38 PM
Right guys long day off to bed for me!!! night night!! xx

Mags
30-11-2006, 11:40 PM
Nite Tom, sleep well.... don't be late for school tomorrow.....;)

Moli
30-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi Tom....Bye Tom, sleep well...........