PDA

View Full Version : Farmers markets

Kazz
27-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Just working out when my last farmers market is pre Christmas and wondered if you go to them what do you buy???

dandysmom
27-11-2006, 09:41 PM
No big farmers markets around my neighborhood; we did have a nice small one at the local flea market every Sunday; unfortunately the flea market had to relocate to Virginia because of construction, so the farmers market is gone too. :cry: They had lovely tomatoes and sweet corn in season, also local peaaches and apples...very nice!

yola
27-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Funny you should post that . . . got a mailshot through the door advertising an organic farmer's market. Never been to one but as this is easy walking distance might push the pram down there next Tuesday to see what it's all about. :D

dinahsmum
28-11-2006, 08:44 AM
You know I go to ours - every second Friday in the month, and an extra one before xmas. Others in local towns almost every day.
I don't get a lot of veg, as I grow my own, but I do buy local lamb and beef, organic farmed trout and smoked trout, all types of cheeses and sometimes luxuries like jams and pickles, cakes and chocolates.
Mmm

Emm
29-11-2006, 12:21 AM
our Farmers market is terrible there is absolutely nothing to buy its all meat - I would love to buy some organic veg.