PDA

View Full Version : What's your tipple?

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 09:40 PM
As I sit here sipping a Baileys on ice (my OH bought me a mini 4 pack as one of my pressies, I love the stuff but couldn't drink a whole normal bottle before it goes off), I got to wondering what the rest of you enjoy as a small drinky!;) Now remember the alcoholics among you, that there is only so much space to type in:-D

smudgley
26-11-2006, 09:41 PM
coffee only for me.:oops: (I'm a bit boring really)

Might have the odd glass of white wine once in a blue moon.:)

Kazz
26-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Good post however I don't drink. Not for any reason just ain't a drinker have in the past drank vodka and orange (juice) but rare very rare. In fact don't recall the last time I had a drink of anything - soz.

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 09:45 PM
I very seldom drink too, but on the rare occasion I do, it has to be Baileys! The last time I had a drink before this was New Year last year.

borderdawn
26-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Baileys on ice here too! also Malibu and coke, and a nice white or rose wine.
Dawn.

Mags
26-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm not a drinker either ....... but do stretch to a Baileys at Christmas :D

Much prefer my cappuccino! ;)

dandysmom
26-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Well, mine would be: wine - rose or pinot grogio; beer - Busch or Dos Equis; booze - martinis or bloody Marys. Occasionally I get the urge for a gin and tonic in the hot months, Am having a glass of rose as I type! I like Baileys also but rarely buy it as I don't drink it that often andas you said, it turns!!

Elaine
26-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Small drinky???? No such thing in my book LOL, I go large every time LOL.
Well used to, not so much these days. I do like the odd night out and a few morgan spiced and cokes. I also quite like the odd night night in and a bottle of red wine.

Kim
26-11-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm not a big drinker either, however I too love Baileys on ice (we only buy a bottle at Christmas) and also enjoy malibu and coke if we are out and occasionally a nice Aussie chardonay with Sunday roast! (honest I'm not a big drinker!!)

Donna
26-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Vodka and diet coke for me please!!!!

dandysmom
26-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Oh dear, looks as if I'm the token drinker here..lol !! I'm Irish and do like my drink! :-D

Elaine
26-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Oh dear, looks as if I'm the token drinker here..lol !! I'm Irish and do like my drink! :-D

Trust you to lower the tone here:lol: :lol: :lol:

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 10:19 PM
Nope, you're alright Eileen. Elaine is joining you as our resident 'alky'! lol.

Donna
26-11-2006, 10:22 PM

Dont worry I am a Russian vodka drinker!! You are not alone!!

dandysmom
26-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Trust you to lower the tone here:lol: :lol: :lol: :-D :-D :-D

dandysmom
26-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Dont worry I am a Russian vodka drinker!! You are not alone!! I'll raise a glass to that !!!

Elaine
26-11-2006, 10:28 PM
A nice bottle of buckfast or thunderbird, in a brown paper bag ofcourse, and a nice park bench. What more could a girl ask for LOL

Fran
26-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Think I am the alco here :oops: Red wine and more red wine every night :oops: :oops: :oops: I also enjoy Malibu with ice on special occasions and am very fond of snowballs!

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 10:31 PM
A nice bottle of buckfast or thunderbird, in a brown paper bag ofcourse, and a nice park bench. What more could a girl ask for LOL

BUCKFAST!!!!!!!!!Uurgh!!:? Tried it once, my stomach still hasn't forgiven me, lol! Though I had to buy a bottle when we visited the Abbey last year for my OH's friend, it is the only thing he will drink. He loves it:shock:

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Think I am the alco here :oops: Red wine and more red wine every night :oops: :oops: :oops: I also enjoy Malibu with ice on special occasions and am very fond of snowballs!

So that's why you went to the bar yesterday!!!!!:-D

Elaine
26-11-2006, 10:33 PM
I know its mingin' stuff:lol: makes your pubes feel like 13 amp fuse wire:lol:

:shock: Can I say that here?:shock:

Fran
26-11-2006, 10:35 PM
So that's why you went to the bar yesterday!!!!!:-D

Absolutely and guess what I had :-D

alexgirl73
26-11-2006, 10:39 PM
I know its mingin' stuff:lol: makes your pubes feel like 13 amp fuse wire:lol:

:shock: Can I say that here?:shock:

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 Elaine, my sides are actually hurting from laughter at the moment!

Sweet
27-11-2006, 09:32 AM
Vodka and Coke - tall glass loads of ice here x

dinahsmum
27-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Nice glass of wine please - or a cool beer in the garden in summer.
Or Guinness in Ireland
Or ouzo in Greece.
Sometimes a G&T before Sunday lunch
Bloody Mary (all the trimmings!)if out at 'Jazz & Sunday brunch' or similar events.
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_4_14.gif

yola
27-11-2006, 10:52 AM
Elaine!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: PMSL!!!!

Thunderbird (or Thunderchicken as we used to call it - don't ask me why coz I don't know) is one of the most disgusting substances known to man. Still - you'll drink anything cheap and strong when you're a student ;)

Now pretty well the only thing I drink is wine; red, rose OR white. I love desert wine too if going for a full-on dining out thingy. However I have been known to put away a whole bottle of wine and for it to have very little effect :shock: Will have a couple of glasses most nights though.

Have never liked beer, and pretty well the only spirit I'll drink is vokda - but usually neat and 'down in one', Polish-style :shock: but even have that very rarely now.

Campari soda is another drink I quite like, but not at 11am like the Italians drink it in the coffee bars!!

Snoof
27-11-2006, 06:38 PM
I drink very rarely - I have a joint condition and it's worsened by alcohol - as in the next day I'll be a wreck of jointpains.

But when I do, some favourites are:
- Cherry Lambrini (I'm a girlie girl :lol:),
- Goldschlager (cinnamon liqueur - lovely lovely stuff!),
- Tequila slammers (but only when I'm actually getting tipsy, then I suddenly start going "GET ME SOME LIMES, SOME SALT, AND THE TEQUILA!" and the landlady knows it's time to batten down the hatches :shock: :lol: Ok, not really, but I do only drink them when I'm already tipsy),
- Pernod and lemonade.

We only drink once a month or so, though, if that, and we don't actually get drunk.