PDA

View Full Version : Would you say this is positive?-Bella & the dogs

Luke
13-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Bella has been 'free roaming' the house all afternoon/evening...and the dogs seeminglly have been okay-Florrie just had a sniff, got huffed at and went off to sleep. Ralph was slightly different....very intersted, kept sniffing, almost 'flipping' her over when sniffing, licking, and bouncing around her which i think freaked her slightly, but it seemed quite well intended from Ralph. Also he kept pawing her..which is what he allways does, but considering she is only a wee bit bigger than his "plates of meat" its a wee bit hair raising, but i think she can look after herself.
Now i sat on the floor when Ralph was getting properly aquainted (sp) with Bella and called him away when things got too rough, made him "sit" and "leave" at times etc etc-did i do the right thing, or should I have let them get on with things?
Any thoughts in general?
It seems okay..Ralph was his usual scatty self, but i think it went well.....

Fran
13-11-2006, 07:58 PM
I think all meetings should be supervised in these early days Luke. Especially since Ralph is not much more than a puppy himself. Patience and persistence will pay off in the long run Luke ;)

Luke
13-11-2006, 08:00 PM
Thought so too, just worried whether i was making things worse by stepping in every now and then. He does seem too like her and kept licking her..and, i must confess, that he was more intersted in sitting in her little plastic bed than her..and actually suceeded when she was playing in the hallway:blush:
He isn't out to hurt her, i think he is just so interested in her!

Rosie
15-11-2006, 10:33 AM
It is amazing how quickly most dogs take to kittens. I have had different breeds in the past and all of them settle with a new kitten. I think older cats could be a different proposition but I have managed that too.

The kittens seem to accept the dogs very quickly too. My little Alfie knows exactly how far he can push things and knows that touching either Holly (dog) or Rosie (older cat) is absolutely not permissible although eating out of their bowls while they are still there is fine!