PDA

View Full Version : Lilly our "rescue", we need help.

rach1980
12-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Well on bonfire night day, we took on a gorgeous 6month old tortie girl, she was soo nervous i have never seen one so jumpy before, i feel so sorry for her.
anyway, the lady who i got her off had said she had been to the vets, but she is so skinny is there anything i can give her to put some weight on here?? We were told she was livingon a farm so have assumed she must have been feeding herself and not having much luck.(i dont really want to try and force her into a cat carrier just yet and have her to the vet as that might just knock her confidence back down, although if this is the only option i will)
But on a good note,in the last week since we have had her she has come one so much, she doesnt run and hide whenever she see's a human and will sit with me and purrs and meows to me:D
She is so loving when she sits with you now, and i feel great to knowthati helped her come to this after seeing how scared she was.
anyway, thanks in advance for any replies,
rach xxxx

rach1980
12-11-2006, 01:39 PM
ooops sorry just realised thisis in wrong section:oops:
but any adviceon bringing her out of her shell would be good too:)

alexgirl73
12-11-2006, 01:50 PM
Hmm, not sure on this one rach. With the bringing her out of her shell, I would say you are doing great so far, just let her come and sniff around you while you sit on the floor. As for feeding her up, why not give the vets a call and as them if they have a kitty version of Complan?

rach1980
12-11-2006, 01:56 PM
thanks for that,
whats complan??

tilly
12-11-2006, 03:06 PM
I have got a slight problem with my Tilly being underweight and I am just making sure that she has food whenever she wants it. You can also try hand feeding her tipbits from your hand to get her used to you being a good thing.

Sorry to not be more helpful
Sally

logoes
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
As she is only a kitten and you think that she has been underfed I would suggest that you try some of the meaty kitten foods and feed her a little and often . You could also try the special milk for kittens, I think it's made by Felix. If you change over foods though do remember to do it gradually or you will have her with an upset tummy. Logoes

alexgirl73
12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Complan is a milkshake style drink that they used to give to people who had suffered from illness and needed building up a bit. I think you can still by it in the chemists.

smudgley
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Premium quality kitten food, little & often.
If she has no health problems she should gin weight in no time. :)

rach1980
12-11-2006, 03:46 PM
thanks guys your great :)

Sweet
12-11-2006, 06:33 PM
Keep up the good work.....any chance of a pic or two :) x

Booktigger
12-11-2006, 07:51 PM
I Would be tempted to use Cat Milk and Hills a/d (available from your vet) as well as good quality kitten food.

rach1980
13-11-2006, 02:25 AM
thanks u lot, and sweet as soon as i get someill post someof my 5 :D