PDA

View Full Version : Harvey is stuck up a 60 foot tree!!!!!!

Liz
03-11-2006, 07:41 PM
:shock: Harvey one of our 2 year olds was late coming home last night and at 11.00pm on a wander round heard yowling so off we go and start a search - coldest night of the winter so far but moon is clear and we find on entering the woods that our boy is stuck up a huge tree.

Despite our best efforts and platform building last night he didn't come down.

Today Robin has been building jump points and we have a tower up about 30 foot up from the ground and various shelves wetc balanced and tied/nailed on but he won't come down. The tree is about 80 feet high and we are fast running our of solutions - he also has food about 50 foot up to but how do we get him down?

All answers and help appreciated as we are at a loss as what to do next except lumberjack/ garden tree people and see if they can help as we can't go much higher withour professional help as the tree has a lot of dodgy branches and probably need a professional at this point.

Failing that off to buy a chain saw in the morning!!!!!!

EmmaG
03-11-2006, 07:44 PM
call out the fire brigade although they won't treat it as an emergency they will come out.

Good luck....little devil :)

Mags
03-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi Liz, I think that is about one of a catlover's worst nightmares :( I'm surprised he isn't tempted down by the food you have left though, he must be really scared, poor boy.

I think the only alternative of getting him down would be to give the fire brigade a call.....they are expert cat rescuers...

Please keep us informed of the outcome ......good luck!

alexgirl73
03-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Good grief! No suggestions for you, just good wishes and hope that he comes down soon. x

CathyW
03-11-2006, 07:48 PM
last time my 2 where up a tree, i stood there chinking a can of food they came down eventully.
ask the rspca they might have some ideas, good luck.

EmmaG
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Don't worry you never see a dead cat up a tree, he will come down eventually but I would still call out the fire brigade

Moli
03-11-2006, 08:13 PM
Hope you manage to get him down soon...

Fran
03-11-2006, 08:24 PM
I think the fire brigade is your best bet. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Mags
04-11-2006, 01:13 PM
Is Harvey still stuck in the tree this morning Liz ? :(

sandy
04-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Very distressing. Years ago, in the UK, I phoned the fire brigade and they wouldn't come. They told me that ALL cats can get down by themselves and will do so when they get hungry enough. She did, after a couple of days.

Sweet
04-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Just caught this.....is the little one down safe yet? x

Liz
04-11-2006, 08:44 PM
Harvey is now down the tree and home and playing with the laser pen and his brothers like he was only out for a couple of hours!!!!

He has eaten and had sleep time on both parents knees and seems non the worse for wear from his little adventure!

Tree surgeon was wonderful and spent nearly 3 hours in high winds getting him down so the £100 was well spent - this included a tip for him as he was late taking his daughter to a bonfire party rescuing our boy!

Naomi
05-11-2006, 06:58 AM
Awww so glad to hear that he's finally home, safe and well. What a nightmare for you tho :shock:

Elaine
05-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Thank god that tree hugging kitty is back home again. xxx

Mags
05-11-2006, 11:45 AM
So pleased to hear he is safely down Liz ........... if only they knew what panic they caused! :roll::lol: