PDA

View Full Version : Cleo the surfing cat

Kazz
28-10-2006, 12:01 PM
I should have had a camera to hand but didn't sadly, last night I made some homemade faggots for dinner they were lovely but I always make too many so the dogs get some along with potato/gravy/veg etc for their tea anyhow Tess "dog" (most unusual) had left a little (I do mean little) in her dish which is a large S.S. flat type of dish, (as she carries plastic dishes around with her :roll: even ones full of water) anyhow the dogs moved to the living room to flop out on the sofa and Cleo wandered into the kitchen and decided what Tess had left was edible feline wise but couldn't get it as it was in the middle of the dish so she sat in the dish (yes its that big) and started to try and eat this tiny minisucle amount of food starved as she is :roll: well the dogs decided to pop back into the kitchen as I opened a cupboard (always a chance of a walk or treat in the offing) Sal saw I was doing nothing and went back Tess saw Cleo in her dish, and moved over to investigate - Cleo wouldn't move so Tess desperate to see what she'd left knows she can't move Cleo by force tries to nose the dish Cleo still firmly sits in it eating this small amount of food, Tess puts one foot in the dish and her nose as she shoved it round the floor Cleo ignored her throughout as she surfed the kitchen. Cleo finished eating and got out Tess's face was a picture I had to laugh. :-D

Mags
28-10-2006, 12:05 PM
:lol::lol:... That sounds so funny Kazz, what a pity you didn't catch it on camera!

Cleo is still ruling the roost then? :roll::lol:

dinahsmum
28-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Good story! Wondered what i was going to read about or see ......

here's a possible pic :lol:
[attach-center]121[/attach-center]

Kazz
28-10-2006, 12:11 PM
Mags she doesn't exert her authority very much these days but when serious matters come to the fore such as food or "sleeping places" then she wins paws down. No contest the dogs stand no chance; I mean would you back two Staffies against a small ginger and white moggie - no nor would I.

Sweet
28-10-2006, 01:23 PM
Bet it was fun to watch bless x

Moli
28-10-2006, 05:58 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: ...She sound like a cat that know here own mind, and no staffie was going to change it for her....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Elaine
28-10-2006, 06:37 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Bless that surfing Cleo, animals are sooo funny sometimes:lol: :lol: :lol: You tell the tale so well too:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kim
28-10-2006, 06:53 PM
I am smiling imagining this scene Kazz!!

Naomi
28-10-2006, 07:13 PM
:lol: can just imagine it

dandysmom
28-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Hilarious story; can just picture it...never a camera whrn you need one! Cleo sounds like Leia, who says I don't feed her enough!!

borderdawn
28-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Shes a cracker Kazz, still raising a smile, I did!
Dawn.

Kazz
28-10-2006, 10:35 PM
Thank you all, things like this used to frequently not worthy of mentioning let alone writing about.
But now moments like this are almost magical, not maudlin
snatches of the past, but freeze- frames of the present.