PDA

View Full Version : Bella may need a name change-this time it won't be my fault!!

Luke
26-10-2006, 06:40 PM
The aunt and co returned home today from holiday at about half 11...anyway at about 2 we got a phonecall-was upset at this point after the sad business with dear Bert-to tell us that I may have been right originally about Bella's sex...and it seems to look different to them now than what it did originally (down below) so we may have a question mark over her/his sex!! jeesh:roll:
Apparentlly the times they have been seen by the vet they haven't been 'nosed at' as the aunt was utterly confident with the sexes, and she's had more litters of kittens through the years when she used to breed the abbys so one would have thought she would be able too tell-but now, apparentlly, "Bella's" nether regions are looking different to what one would expect a female to look.
It doesn't matter too me one wit, as i originally wanted a tom anyway-Maxwell, so either way it doesn't make a difference!
But it would be a turn up for the books if i had sex the kit right at birth considering i'm usually useless with telling one from t'other with cats!!:roll:

Moli
26-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I cannot sex a young kitten Luke, they all look the same to me when they are tiny! So if she is a he, will he be Maxwell???

Luke
26-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes if she is a he, he shall be Maxwell-cause when we found out Megan was pregnant we were planning on a pair of kittens, either two toms-Maxwell and Oscar or one of each, maxwell and bella...so Maxwell seems fitting!

dandysmom
26-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Kittens are notoriously hard to sex...so if she's a he, guess it will be Maxwell....of course. there's always the chance of a hermaphrodite...hope not!!!

Kazz
26-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't worry Luke from what I know people actually book their cat into be spayed or neutured and find they have the opposite sex.
Does Maxwell suit him?

Mags
26-10-2006, 08:21 PM
Whatever he/she turns out to be, you still have a beautiful kitten at the end of it Luke! :D

Luke
26-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks folks-well i sent a link to the thread Fran did for DM with pictures of the clooney clones posterior's (sp) and the aunt is more or less convinced he is a Maxwell, and yes i think the name does suit him.:)
Must say i am secretlly happy as i really did want a tom and was a bit miffed about a litter of supposed females-however still repressing it all, just incase..

dinahsmum
27-10-2006, 08:51 AM
:roll: :lol:
Poor little kit - had nearly as many names as dinners! (only joking!)
It'll all come out in the wash, no doubt.

whiskey
27-10-2006, 09:02 AM
what ever the outcome both names suit:D :D

random
27-10-2006, 11:43 AM
lol lol Luke! Post a picture of his/her bottom and we can all have a guess! :oops: No dignity for poor Kitty! :lol:

When I got the farm twins, I had seen them at 4 weeks, and both were girls, took them home at 8, and Tucker had turned into a boy :oops: So it happens to the best of us! :lol::roll:

dandysmom
27-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Funny story, Random! Happens to the besst of us lol !