PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Bengal Snow x Burmese 11 weeks

denise
24-10-2006, 11:38 PM
I am on this site as I am heart broken to say that having persevered with petal cleanse and cleaning all the time I may have to re home my new kitten. He is absolutely beautiful and very loving and boisterous. Does anyone have any ideas I haven't tried - am getting an air purifier too but not sure if this will help. Anihistamine isn't.
Also if I did rehome I would need to do a home visit, and for it to be near to Bucks and ideally someone who is home a lot and would allow me to visit from time to time. So very local ideally. What a pickle I'm in. Can anyone help?

dandysmom
25-10-2006, 02:02 AM
Denise, sorry but I don't understand...what exactly is the problem? Incontinnce?

dinahsmum
25-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Denise - how long have you had the kitten? It may be that your body can come to terms with the cat antigens if you persevere for a little longer.
A Dyson ultra filter vacuum cleaner will pull up particles, and laminate floors and leather furniture is easily wiped.
However, if you have to give him up I wish you all the best and think you are going about it the right way - inspecting where he will go etc etc.
If you can hold onto him whilst a new home is found you may find that your local Cats Protection branch has, or can identify, a prospective new home.
Good luck

Edit Re-post your post on 'Rescue related/Lost and Found' if you are looking for someone to adopt him from this messageboard. Your message will be 'lost' in Introductions.
Good luck

denise
25-10-2006, 11:10 AM
thanks for replying so soon, yes im pretty down about it, i would persevere if i thought it would make a difference but how long do you think we are talking i am going home and feeling like ****. it's 4 weeks now.
thanks for your encouragement anyway...

denise
25-10-2006, 11:16 AM
no im allergic

whiskey
25-10-2006, 11:23 AM
my mum was allergic to cats and with me being a cat lover and having 3 of them living with her didnt help however she now seems to be used to them and having no allergic reaction:D

Kim
25-10-2006, 01:50 PM
So sorry to hear this. I have heard that people can become immune to their own cats everntually, but you are obviously suffering, so not surr what to suggest. Good luck whatever happens.

yola
25-10-2006, 02:56 PM
My brother was allergic - used to react badly but now, after some exposure to my cats he lives in a house with a cat and has no adverse reactions at all.

However, I do realise that each reaction is individual and you might never be able to be exposed to cats long-term. I have that problem with dogs, severly allergic at any exposure at all.

Have you looked at herbal remedies (and I don't mean the type of stuff you can get in Holland and Barret) - do you have a good herbalist living near you who might be able to help? What about hypnosis/accupuncture or other alternative therapies?

If all else fails, I do wish you luck with your rehoming - it must be heartbreaking to give away a beloved pet.

Hugs.