PDA

View Full Version : In love with his tail!

dinahsmum
22-10-2006, 08:43 PM
You know how beautiful my orange boy is? Well, I think he knows it now. He is also madly in love with his beeee-utiful, thick, bottle brush tail. He washes it and washes it and washes it, and sometimes just cuddles it. It's got to the point where he sits square on his bottom and 'holds' his tail between his front paws to preen it, like the ring tailed lemurs do!
Should I be worried? :lol:
(Yes, I know, I'm trying to get a piccy!:) )

Elaine
22-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Aww bless, he is such an adorable orange kitty. I wouldnt have thought it would be something to worry about but hurry up and get some pictures of it. LOL

yola
22-10-2006, 10:58 PM
My daft Darcy does that with his huge fluffy tail.

Getting a pic is nigh on impossible for me . . . hope you have better luck :D

alexgirl73
23-10-2006, 10:19 AM
ditto Broxi with his lovely fluffy tail. Must be a male pride thing, lol.

dinahsmum
23-10-2006, 11:27 AM
No pics of Chester but this is the action and posture I mean. Glad my boy isn't the only one, and it will be interesting to hear if any girls do it. :)

[attach-center]101[/attach-center]

[attach-center]100[/attach-center]

Moli
23-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Funny one that DM, can't say any of mine do it.. Maybe ghe is just very fussy about keeping his tail clean and bushy...

John
23-10-2006, 04:13 PM
its something my Millie does with her fluffy tail..every time i go into the bathroom were i keep her brush she will follow me in so i can brush it for her..shes got me well trained

john

Kazz
23-10-2006, 11:15 PM
Oscar used to do that and Cleo does it occasionaly but hers is an average length of tail Oscars always seemed longer - and it was ringed to. I did love his tail he walked around with it curled over his back touching his shoulders. :) and every time I closed a door my words would be "watch your tail"

dinahsmum
24-10-2006, 09:25 AM
So, it's 4-1 boys to girls on the tail-loving! Wonder what that proves?
Actually I've remembered that the lemurs do it to help them with scenting. They rub a scent gland on the inside of their 'wrist' onto their tails and can then carry it proudly and flick it about to scent the air and scare off intruders. Don't think the cats do that .... just preen! :)
[attach-center]105[/attach-center]

Sweet
24-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Cant wait for pics x