PDA

View Full Version : A kitten update, but i'm not talking about Bella and co'..

Luke
21-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Now..we have all seen the mass of pictures i proceed to bore you with of Megan's family-yes?
Well for those who don't know, megan was originally a cat 'bred' locally to the aunt by a lady who kept Moggies, Siamese n Orientals, and various supposed first crosses-she had a moggy/oriental litter-two girl tortie kittens went and loved with a family quite locally-who then left the young cats when they moved-Megan took cahoots up with the aunt and co's family whilst pregnant with the first litter-right, everyone caught up now yar?
Well the aunt found good homes for the four kittens she had-Exhibit A) The original Family Picture:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Lu-1/kittens10.jpg
Progency were; One creamy ginger tabby boy with white feeties and a white chest, One creamy ginger tabby boy with a rather crisp white bib, One black and white tuxedo boy with the biggest whiskers of all, and a wee tort n white girly who was the image of her mother.
Now they wer ereared with the greatest of love and care despite being 'strays' as it were-once they were old enough new, suitable, homes were found for them.
The creamy ginger tabby boy with white chest n white feeties went to an aunt and her family.
The creamy ginger boy with the crisp white bib went to another aunt.
The black and white boy went to 'old family friends'
and the tort girl went to a friend of my aunts who lived in a little rented farm cottage somewhere.
Now that was nearing 6 months ago now..and boy have they all changed, and as i keep posting updated of this present litter-thought t right to let you all know how the other siblings are getting on.

The creamy tabby boy with the white chest and feet was christned 'garfield' (far from original:roll:) because of his sheer laziness and fatness as a kitten, and allways seemed to sleep whilst the others got on with hellraising.He went to one of the many aunts and her hubby and their three children (ollder teenagers/early twenties) and Garfiled now spends his time, you guessed it, sleeping in all new locations! He lives with 'Billy' a rescue Lurcher (now thats a turn for the books!-yes?) who is bossed around by this humungous ginger lump. He really is HUGE, with such a long tail and loooong legs-but he has become quite 'fluffy' around the neck and on the tail so definatley looks very soft and cuddley, he remained the lovely warm 'butterscotch' ginger. He allways did have such a sweet nature and this hasn't changed, he tends to sleep a lot but at 8 oclock every evening, when the aunts hubby returns home from work Garfield knows and if he is out he returns home, if he is in he will go out and wait to meet him at the top of the street-spooky eh?
He was neutered two weeks ago-can't really say he noticed cause he is so bloody doesy as it is!

The creamy ginger boy with a crisp white bib went to another aunt (sister in-law to the husband of an aunt of mine, so distantlly related by marriage-see how the family gets so complicated?:roll:) and was christned 'Simba' by one of her grandaughters-again, me not like but its their cat. Simba is an erm....tearaway, lets put it that way! He gets stuck in trees, locked in garages, attacks Anne's aging tortie persian, steals foods off the grandchildren, brings live rabbits back, destroy most things and generally-is a demon! But, he was allways that way. he was the kitten that at four weeks old hid in a dustbin liner and got put out with the bins-luckily Megan wouldn't settle and the aunt noticed one kitten was missing! He was allways trouble since he came out! He has changed a lot physically, so sleek and slinky and svelt with HUGE lugholes, an elongated face, very leggy, lean body, long tail, big eyes and very noisey-shows the oriental heritage from his ma up an awful lot! And he has gone such an amazinglly deep red, not creamy ginger how they were, but deep red.
He is a hellraiser-but his 'mummy and daddy' love him-which is allways a good thing, he is a loveable rouge and is only one a mother can love!He too was neutered recentlly, but he didn't like this 'thing' putting an end to his days of strutting his stuff and being big and bad!

The black and white boy-christened Demon at an early age, along with his brother now known as 'Simba' they caused such grave havoc! He went to live with family friends-young couple, lost their infant a few years back-very sad state of affairs and the little lad really helped them, he is now called 'Jack' as in 'Black-Jack':-D He has chilled a lot as he has grown, super loving, very spoilt and laps up the attention-he is such a story teller too! He comes in from his travels and will sit and 'chat' to you-telling you his tales!
He, like Simba, has made a rather large and slinky, svelt cat with big lugholes and noisey-not as much as his bro but still quite 'svelt'. He is such a charming chap, with lots of BIG white whiskers!
He hasn't been neutered just yet as he suffered an injury from hopping across a small brook (that runs at the bottom of their HUGE garden) and going into a field tot he rear of them which is now privatley owned and will have houses developed on later:evil::evil::evil: And to keep people out they put barbed wire around the perimeters, Black-Jack caught himself one day and gave him a nasty tear across his flank-but now its pretty much healed and he is back to normal, but the vet doesn't want to put him through even more surgery n such just yet so neutering can be a left a little while.

The token female in a bunch of rowdy boys was "Maisy" a pretty tort who was the image of her ma, and now she has grown is the spit-with body profile, the white whiskers, the pretty little eyes that seem to be able to 'tell what your thinking'-such a beutiful cat. She went to live the simple life with a friend of the aunts who had moved into a little cottage in stratford somewhere rented from a farmer and fancied a mog to keep her company and to keep down the mouse population! She is very well loved but an independant soul, she spends a lot of her time doing her 'own thing' apparentlly-but still, what a life-free fields, woods, barns etc-and all her territory!
As far as i know she hasn't been speyed yet-whether that is imminanat or not etc i do not know as i can't say i know her owners that well.

I wish i had pictures of the fantastic four now they are young cats, but i haven't-sorry:(. HOWEVER (you should know me, theres allways a however) i will get a hold of some for you in due course-promise!

alexgirl73
21-10-2006, 05:20 PM
What a lovely update Luke. I obviously didn't know the original litter, but now feel as if I do after reading that. Nice to know all the kittens are being well loved and cared for.

dandysmom
21-10-2006, 08:41 PM
You make those cats come alove, Luke! Such a good storyteller you are...keep them coming!!

Luke
23-10-2006, 12:37 PM
Thanks both-they all turned into quite the larger than life charcters, with such a streak of naughtiness that its quite unbelieveable!:lol:
All nosey, noisey, curious, have to investiagte everything and generally troublemakers!!

John
23-10-2006, 04:08 PM
did not see the original story/litter..but you told it very nice how they are now coming on..enjoyed reading it.

john

ellenlouise
23-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Your describe them like no-one else could. Its as if I am seeing them on the screen. Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing the pics.