PDA

View Full Version : Question, can you help???

rach1980
16-10-2006, 08:48 PM
My question is, i have just got a new leather suite and have never had a scratch post, but dont want my new suite ruined, so i am planning on making a brill scratch post one of those with the beds on too.
So can anyone tell me where to get the things i will need to make this please, at a reasonable price, i have kids and other pets so would like to make the best with the cheapest i can possibly get it at.
thanks in advance for any answers, and sorry if i shouldnt post this here,
love rach xxx

dinahsmum
16-10-2006, 08:58 PM
Well - carpet samples from any carpet shop, sisal string from a craft shop maybe ... or a farm/country supplier, maybe a garden centre.

Kazz
16-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Carpet tiles you can buy some individualy.

dinahsmum
16-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Are you aiming for posts and different levels (very snazzy!) Not sure what you'd wrap the carpet round - wooden post lengths? strong cardboard tubes ..... maybe back to the carpet shop or a fabric shop to beg one of those. Don't know how you'd go about fixing them to a base though

rach1980
16-10-2006, 09:08 PM
lol, yeah, thats what i want mayve 2 bed areas one for each cat, and 2 maybe 3 posts with perha-pd a flat resting area on top, i have some woodfort he bedareas but its thepost and scratchy stuff i need helpwith, and i will post pics b4 during and after its finished.;)