PDA

View Full Version : Cat Personalities

alexgirl73
14-10-2006, 10:10 PM
What are your cats personalities like.

Of my 3, Broxi is the chilled, laid back, take life as it comes type. Cooper is a stressed out executive, always running from one place to another, while Teddy is a lay in front of a warm fire and dream of cream type of cat.

Luke
14-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Clementine is so laid back she is horizontal:) She spends most of her time sprawled out somewhere, having her tummy tickled, playing with the dogs and sitting on your shoulders..but when she is outside she struts her stuff and is definatley queen of the cul-de-sac. She is a very even tempered cat, was a hellraiser slightly when younger and never one for fussing n such but it sort of 'improved with age' as it were.
A well natured, loving cat now she is-and has definatley asumed the role as 'top diva in the house' since we lost our old JRT bitch earlier in the year.

dandysmom
14-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Leia is generally a relaxed, laid back cat, altough very spooky with strangers. She sleeps a lot, and is always ready to eat...occasionally gets a touch of the "night crazies" and races through the house & up & down the stairs as if her tail were on fire ! Funny to watch. She loves being brushed: we have a brush session every night before I throw her fuzzy ball for her after she's had her catnip. That's about as much exercise she gets... (indoor cat). She's affectionate, a great head-butter, and quite takative, especially at dinner or snack time. but affectionate when she feels like it. Not a big lap-sitter, but sleeps with me. I love her very much!

binza
14-10-2006, 11:14 PM
jake is a laid back cat likes to sleep most of the day anywhere that is most of the time up against walls or on our computer scanner hes such a lazy boy, while cassie is always on the alert looking for something to do either stealing things basically gettiing into trouble type and being such a cry baby she actually crys for attention off daddy but dislikes mommy ,thomas well hes such a creep when we wants something looking for attention.he will anoy you when your reading or on the computer.
tracy

Naomi
15-10-2006, 09:26 AM
Moli is 'top cat' and likes to throw her weight about with the other's if she thinks she can get away with it.

Salt is a very vocal cat who likes nothing better than to tell you what a terrible life she has :roll: but I still love her to bits. She wasn't a particularly affecionate cat when she first came her but she's getting better adn does enjoy the odd tummy tickle and cuddle :D

Timmy is a little begger who likes nothing mroe than to tease the other cats. He loves to climb and play hide & seek. He's a very friendly and outgoing cat.

Elaine
15-10-2006, 09:29 AM
The Diva is a willfull girl with a split personality me thinks:? . She can be so lovely and cuddly, and when not feeling well she loves nothing more than being aroun me for cuddles and fusses. When feeling fiesty, she likes to bat at Bernie. She can be terribly bad tempered and vocal. She is normally quite chatty and loves to tell tales on Bernie to get him in trouble.:lol:
Bernie is adorable. Nothing much fazes him. He is gentle, playful and cuddly. But you just try brushing his scruffy coat and he will wriggle and run for the hills;) . He likes to announce his entrance into a room/or tell you its time for food with a meow that sounds like he has a kazoo stuck in his throat.
Winston, now there was a cat with a beautiful personality. He was patient, gentle, playful and very loving and trusting. I could have done anything to Winston and our bond and trust was such that he would never complain. Even through illness he was the perfect patient and he would always find a way to let me know instinctivly that something was wrong and needed attention. Oh how I love and miss that old guy.xxx

Mags
15-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Cassie is a gentle, timid cat who is very affectionate when she really gets to know someone. She doesn't like to picked up but loves nothing better than to jump up onto my lap and get lots of scroochies. She follows me round the house like she is glued to my heels. The only time she is vocal is when she wants her food....then she looks up at me with her big, pleading eyes...which I find hard to resist!

Throughout the day she will not leave the garden.......but come early evening she has now has started to wander off somewhere for hours so obviously she has discovered something that holds her attention!:roll:

dinahsmum
15-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Mini is a Siamese and that is a large part of her purrsonality. She is the centre of her universe; she is very vocal and very intellegent. Being Siamese she is also very people-oriented and enjoys company, both the family she knows and new people. As she ages she becomes more and more 'Mrs Meldrew' and when things displease her she snuffles down her nose to make cross 'herrumph' noises. Strangely, she is enjoying the kittens company, as long as they don't take liberties.

Bentley is a bold and cheekie chappie. He lies on the floor whilst Dinah pins him down and he chews at her ankles! He is a great explorer and is very determined.

Chester is a softie, a little bit of a scaredy with new experiences, and is very chatty. He has a soft, liquid sort of voice, both in his 'prippy' chat and his meow.

The kittens purrsonalities seem to have switched since we first got them, when Chester was the leader. They are both still developing and I wouldn't say their characters are set yet. They love each other enormously.
They are both huuuge cuddle-monsters :)

CathyW
15-10-2006, 12:51 PM
my 2 are a pair of lovable hooligans LOL ronnies a real lap cat, always wanting his tummy tickled, hes laying at my feet at the moment wanting tickles.
reggies a real nervy cat, but a right mummys boy, sleeps with me, on me if he can LOL wont let anyone else pick him up unless they are highly honoured. :)
they are always running around keeping me entertained :)
love em both to bits.;)

Kazz
15-10-2006, 05:52 PM
Cleo is pure and simply purrfection. She is laid back, gentle and loving. But dislikes being picked up but will happily stay asleep while I move her.
She is comfortable around people; family or visitors, mostly because she knows she is safe beyond words here at home.
When younger she would have made a good "shop cat" you know happy to let anyone stroke her as long as they didn't take liberties.

As the years have passed she has become less of a lap cat (I think her bones now like the comfort of a sofa or cushion rather than a bony lap) but she sleeps with me every night, always on the right (a creature of habit) as Oscar's place was on the left of the bed.
All in all she is a loving, housecat.

Karen